PGP- Merry Christmas Eve!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad_Girl said:

I know! Remember when I thought I'd see just One TO show. Then it was Just Wednesday and Saturday... thinking I could skip Friday night.... then I was so desperate for Friday night tickets after seeing them on Wednesday.

and I thought I would actually go back to seats after having done GA :rolleyes: :wink:

What an incredible year it has been. The things I've done which I would not have believed if you'd told me last Christmas, and the wonderful new friends I've made :heart:

:hug: I'm so glad you went for those extra shows. I figure we only live once, might as well enjoy the heck out of it! I'm so sad that the tour is over, but I'm lucky that I have a PJ tour hopefully in the new year and a new album to look forward too. :heart: So many hot boys so little time. :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

I know! Remember when I thought I'd see just One TO show. Then it was Just Wednesday and Saturday... thinking I could skip Friday night.... then I was so desperate for Friday night tickets after seeing them on Wednesday.

and I thought I would actually go back to seats after having done GA :rolleyes: :wink:

What an incredible year it has been. The things I've done which I would not have believed if you'd told me last Christmas, and the wonderful new friends I've made :heart:

Probably the only thing I would have changed, if I could have, is that I would have gotten you to TO in time to meet Larry!! But I'm sure you'll get another chance someday. :yes:

Oh yeah, and the accident. I would have rather not had that happen. :lol:

:yawn: Well, after a long day of festivities, and with my belly stuffed to capacity :drool: I can hardly keep my eyes open.

I'm going to bed to sleep for a dozen hours or so :wink:

:hug: Love you girls! Thanks for being a part of my Christmas :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I'm very happy for you! :)

And the food thing - if you didn't read last night's posts, that probably sounded bad. We're fine for food, thanks :heart: but through a hilarious chain of events brought on by my insane family, our plans for today changed, and those were just two of the possibilites that were tossed out there. :lmao:

All's well that ends well though, and we had our Christmas dinner, even though we weren't all together, like we had hoped/planned. :(

Damn it sounds like I missed some fun last night! :lol:

I'm glad you guys had a nice dinner even if you weren't all together. We ended up with no family here today even though we were supposed to. But it ended up being better that way. And less stress to deal with. :)

VintagePunk said:

Probably the only thing I would have changed, if I could have, is that I would have gotten you to TO in time to meet Larry!! But I'm sure you'll get another chance someday. :yes:

Oh yeah, and the accident. I would have rather not had that happen. :lol:

Yeah, I'd change both of those, too :lol: And I would have made you go on my Adam hunt with me to get your final autograph. But I'm sure you'll have your chance at that, too :)

Russty Cat said:

Damn it sounds like I missed some fun last night! :lol:

I'm glad you guys had a nice dinner even if you weren't all together. We ended up with no family here today even though we were supposed to. But it ended up being better that way. And less stress to deal with. :)

The story starts on page 8 of this thread, and goes on for a few pages...we were nearly peeing ourselves laughing last night. :lol:

Night SG, sweet dreams, and Merry Christmas!! :hug: :heart:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah, I'd change both of those, too :lol: And I would have made you go on my Adam hunt with me to get your final autograph. But I'm sure you'll have your chance at that, too :)

Actually, I've thought of that, if I'd have gone with you when you met Adam, and I'm glad I didn't. It was a really, really special thing for you, and I'm happy you had him all to yourself. :heart:

Night!

Well, I think I should go to bed myself. Even though I don't have to go to work tomorrow. :hyper:

Goodnight, all. Glad you had a Merry Christmas. :wave:

Sad_Girl said:

This one? :cute:

_MG_6249.jpg

Don't you just want to blow raspberries on his belly? :love:

I don't think it's his belly you really want to blow raspberries on is it? :shifty:

:eyebrow:

jobob said:

My friends don't quite understand why I went to shows in more than one city. Most of them kind of think I was :coocoo: to see U2 in Chicago and both shows in Detroit.

So I, uh, didn't mention my Boston trip to them ... :uhoh:

I got that from my friends and family too. Try explaining WHY i had to see them in London x2 , Dublin, Cardiff, Barcelona,Toronto x 2,Chicago x 2 & Boston x 2 :drool:

Mind you i was telling my family about New Zealand / Hawaii and my brother-in -law said, " You should go again" :shifty:

U2tours.com:
Rumors: New Orleans JazzFest
December 23, 2005
Offbeat Magazine reported recently that U2 has agreed to perform at the 2006 JazzFest in New Orleans, which is usually scheduled in late April / early May. The official JazzFest lineup is due to be announced in February. (Thx GC)

:faint: is it possible? :hyper:

Hi BG! :wave: I'm mustering the courage to do some after-Christmas shopping, but just saw part of the Observer article (OMG, if anyone can send me a copy I can send the Time magazine in exchange, or pay shipping!)

"He looks glamorously wrecked, his face beaten by the weather of thought, fame, anxiety, delight and a conscience that endlessly snakes around the globe, a face becoming beautifully lined with the adventures he's had since the stocky Irish kid with a gift on his shoulder became world champion philanthropic fundraising performing playboy poet pop star multi-millionaire philosopher of persuasion with a strong political habit and a halo of lusty pretension."

time.jpg

:drool: I could not be crazier about this man!

yes, it was great--really nice to be home and see friends after having been away so long. Don't worry about the article--I saw that Wild posted in another thread that she'd buy extra copies, and Jemma, too :heart:

How was your holiday?

hairballs! :yuck:

my cat throws one up almost every single day despite giving him Catlax and feeding him anti-hairball food. soooo gross.

I'm also going to the mall. Can't resist sales :drool:

It was good and bad!

My dad's car broke down which meant he couldnt work over the holiday.

So there was a bit of conflict in the house.

But then i went out and evil boy came to my house and drank lager :lol:

and we watched coldplay :)

& he bought me the vertigo tour dvd......deluxe whatever it is lol.

& we walked my dog :laugh:

even though he's evil....and a player, (considering he was supposed to be meeting his girlfriends parents while he was with me) he still made christmas a bit happier for me :heart:

& then later on my dad cheered up and we had a nice christmas night.

with possibly the latest dinner ever haha.

BG, glad you had a good Christmas though sorry about your Dad's car...and you keep Evil Boy at arm's length :shame:

Sami, I have no money to shop but can't resist the temptation of "just looking." :lol: I have no self-control, as everyone knows.

Your Hannukah haul sounds great! I'm dying for the Edun shirt with the writing all over it :drool:

at saks.com there's a bunch of Edun stuff for really cheap :drool:

and all the sale stuff is an extra 50% off in the store but only til noon! even if I left now I'd never make it :sad: :lol: that would mean the Edun jeans that were on sale would only be like $50!!

going out :wave: I'll probably come back when my family goes to the pool...I got burnt yesterday :yikes:

have a great day girls :heart:

Saks :drool: my favorite store EVER. So glad they don't have one in my city! I spent three days in Chicago in the middle of December and was 2 blocks from that store. I went every single day!

I'm listening to a live, acoustic version of Snow Patrol's "Run." :heart: I love this band! I'm making good use of my iTunes gift card!

Sami, getting a sunburn in December is just not fair. I'm freezing my arse of here! :madspit:

I'm off to get ready as well. 11:30 a.m.; probably time to get out of the PJs and join the real world :wink:

:wave: see you both later!

Last edited:
ruffian said:
BG, glad you had a good Christmas though sorry about your Dad's car...and you keep Evil Boy at arm's length :shame:

Sami, I have no money to shop but can't resist the temptation of "just looking." :lol: I have no self-control, as everyone knows.

Your Hannukah haul sounds great! I'm dying for the Edun shirt with the writing all over it :drool:

:lol:

I will keep him at arms length.....dont worry about it :wink:

Bye you two ladies! :wave:

ruffian said:
Saks :droo l: my favorite store EVER. So glad they don't have one in my city! I spent three days in Chicago in the middle of December and was 2 blocks from that store. I went every single day!

I'm listening to a live, acoustic version of Snow Patrol's "Run." :heart : I love this band! I'm making good use of my iTunes gift card!

Sami, getting a sunburn in December is just not fair. I'm freezing my arse of here! :madspit :

I'm off to get ready as well. 11:30 a.m.; probably time to get out of the PJs and join the real world :wink :

:wave: see you both later!

:lol: I know...Saks :drool:

I LOVE Snow Patrol too- I was so bummed I didn't get to see them when they were here :( :love:

:laugh: I'd gladly trade places with you- I love the snow and cold!!! :love:

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom