PGP- *long distance hugs* U2 lads,can you feeeeel the LUV ?!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was at a hen's party this afternoon... I chickened out of the club-hopping party bus afterwards! So now I've got the house to myself (until the guys who are doing the buck's night come here to crash at some point in the small hours).... :evil:

How's yourself?

ahhh, hen's nights are always good fun :wink: i'm absolutely knackered - i couldn't get to sleep lastnight so i've been awake since yesterday morning....i just had a nap earlier, not that it seems to have made much difference :eek: :yawn:

*follows you into EYKIW*
oooh! pop's birthday!

Fair enough... I should go do some practice before it gets too late... I wanna make some NOISE. :D

Crap, it's 10pm... but it's a Saturday... :evil:
Never had a complaint yet.... :angel:

Back later! Sleep well Weldy :hug: have a good day tomorrow!

Isn't it? :laugh:

I think I just figured out the bassline to Suicide Blonde :hyper: (admittedly not hard, but I'm still a newbie!)...
Hot damn, but I love this instrument. :bass:love:

Morning :wave: It's waaaaay too early to be up on a Sat, but oh well :lol: (Just past 8:30am here)

AB :drool: Hearing Elevation do all of AB (INCLUDING ACROBAT!!) tonight :drool: :drool: :drool:

Now I need to go finish getting dressed and dry my hair :wink: Be back later :D

Acrobat!! :drool: How come they can pull that off when U2 apparently can't? :D
That sounds like an awesome night you've got planned... wish I could be there!

Hi Drea, by the way :wink:

Just about to leave, but wanted to say that U2 *HAS* done the song, and I have the mp3 to prove it :D It's gotta be from Hershey, that's the only place I can figure since no one seems to think they actually did it :wink:

Ooooooh!

... I know that there's a brand of chocolate called Hershey's, but other than that I don't know anything about a place by that name... :wink:

Have a great night! :wave:

So i met my Dad. :ohmy: Went ok considering we haven't seen each other for 13 years. :shocked:

He seemed pleased to see me and said he was going to pop into my brothers on the way home and suprise him and say he'd come to see me. Ooops my brother already knows hes coming over. :uhoh::lol:

Its still kinda weird so im still a bit stunned. I was a bit quieter than i normally am. :lol:

Apparently his wife, Karen is excited about seeing me. :scratch::eyebrow:I thought she never liked me. :shrug:

He wants to keep in touch. :)

Am still a bit overwhelmed. :crazy:

bonoishot said:
So i met my Dad. :eek:hmy : Went ok considering we haven't seen each other for 13 years. : shocked:

He seemed pleased to see me and said he was going to pop into my brothers on the way home and suprise him and say he'd come to see me. Ooops my brother already knows hes coming over. :uhoh ::lol :

Its still kinda weird so im still a bit stunned. I was a bit quieter than i normally am. :lol:

Apparently his wife, Karen is excited about seeing me. :scratch::eyebrow:I thought she never liked me. : shrug:

Am still a bit overwhelmed. :crazy :

Jem :hug: :heart: It sounds like he genuinely wants to make a connection - he probably regrets the way things have been between you two (u2 :giggle: ) - age and loss both have a tendancy to bring a persons mind around to repairing the things they regret doing or not doing :yes:

Just take it slowly and appreciate each conversation for what it is :hug:

Alisaura said:
Ooooooh!

... I know that there's a brand of chocolate called Hershey's, but other than that I don't know anything about a place by that name... :wink:

When Milton Hershey built his chocolate factory, he also built a school, a park and housing for his employees.
There's also a beautiful 100-year-old hotel with a rose garden and a spa where you can get chocolate whirlpool baths and massages. :drool:

It's still a popular tourist destination, especially in the summer. Hershey Park :rockon:

Sad_Girl said:

Jem :hug: :heart: It sounds like he genuinely wants to make a connection - he probably regrets the way things have been between you two (u2 :giggle: ) - age and loss both have a tendancy to bring a persons mind around to repairing the things they regret doing or not doing :yes:

Just take it slowly and appreciate each conversation for what it is :hug:

Thanks. :hug::heart:

He does seem to be genuine. :yes:

bonoishot said:
So i met my Dad. : ohmy: Went ok considering we haven't seen each other for 13 years. : shocked:

He seemed pleased to see me and said he was going to pop into my brothers on the way home and suprise him and say he'd come to see me. Ooops my brother already knows hes coming over. : uhoh:: lol:

Its still kinda weird so im still a bit stunned. I was a bit quieter than i normally am. : lol:

Apparently his wife, Karen is excited about seeing me. : scratch:: eyebrow:I thought she never liked me. : shrug:

Am still a bit overwhelmed. :crazy:

:hug: :hug: I'm glad everything went so well :D

Kristin Machina said:

When Milton Hershey built his chocolate factory, he also built a school, a park and housing for his employees.
There's also a beautiful 100-year-old hotel with a rose garden and a spa where you can get chocolate whirlpool baths and massages. :drool:

It's still a popular tourist destination, especially in the summer. Hershey Park :rockon:

Chocolate Whirlpool baths. :drool::combust:

I wanna go there. :hyper:

The Cadbury family did the same. They built a village called Bourneville for there workers. :)

Last edited:
Drea said:
Just about to leave, but wanted to say that U2 *HAS* done the song, and I have the mp3 to prove it :D It's gotta be from Hershey, that's the only place I can figure since no one seems to think they actually did it :wink:
:wink: liar! they haven't done Acrobat, they REHEARSED an accoustic version of it..... which isn't the same as performing it with the whole band... :p

Galeongirl said:

:wink: liar! they haven't done Acrobat, they REHEARSED an accoustic version of it..... which isn't the same as performing it with the whole band... :p

It's still Acrobat :p

*goes to listen to the mp3*

...Okay yes, it's acoustic... but it's. still. Acrobat. :lol:

And on the mp3 they go into Zoo Station from it - it ends just into the opening guitar riff :drool:

Last edited:
Is NOT :grumpy: Acrobat is the feckin bestest u2 song there is, and this song does not have the odd echo-y noises from the beginning, Edge's soft strumming, Larry's drums kicking in... and the bloody great solo :drool: in it!

:tsk:

not acrobat, but Accoustic Acrobat REHEARSAL :tongue:

Galeongirl said:
Is NOT :grumpy: Acrobat is the feckin bestest u2 song there is, and this song does not have the odd echo-y noises from the beginning, Edge's soft strumming, Larry's drums kicking in... and the bloody great solo :drool: in it!

:tsk:

not acrobat, but Accoustic Acrobat REHEARSAL :tongue:

:lol: Fine, fine.. you win :wink:

<-- will have heard a FULL BAND version of Acrobat by 12 hours from now :drool: Now, if we could only persuade U2 to do the same thing :wink:

Back
Top Bottom