PGP - Lock up the boys the Plebans Are Coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

1.gif
:bono: :hyper:

Hi girls :hug: Catching up in the old thread. Ruff might be in NZ now, or if not, very close to it. She left yesterday morning, about 28 hours ago. :heart:

We saw Gordon Lightfoot last night. :) Where's Drea? I have to tell her some things about it!

Hi DG, Drea, Thora! :hug:

Drea, just a couple of minutes before the show started, the lights were still on and people were milling about. Then this round of applause broke out, so I looked up. Ronnie Hawkins was walking by our section, toward his seat (and he was actually sitting several rows behind us :wink: ), so that was kinda cool! During intermission, he went backstage, and stopped to pose for a ton of pics with people. And Gordon announced that former PM John Turner and Bob McCowen (sp?) were also in the audience, along with someone named Red something?

Also, I was reading some reviews when I got home, one from the first night at MH, and one from a week ago in Ottawa. Apparently, Gordon had a mild stroke five weeks ago. :sad:

We almost didn't go last night. I'm glad we did now.

Drea said:
Cool :)

:sad: It'll be a dark day for Cdn music when Gordon leaves us :sad:

Yes, it will be. :sad: I didn't realize this, but he's 68!

It's weird, I feel such an attachment to him, and I'm not even a huge fan or anything, more of a casual fan. Maybe it's because I can remember back when about all we had as Canadians were him, Anne Murray and The Guess Who. :lol: How far we've come since then...

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Thora! When he got sick and then thankfully recovered a few years ago, we said that we HAD to see him the next time we had the chance to. :up: Every Canadian should. :wink:

I don't know much of his music, but the songs I do know, I really like. :)

My only complaint about the show is that the sound wasn't turned up loud enough. I realize that it was a laid back, folksy/acoustic kind of show whose audience was comprised mostly of grey-haired people, but when a smattering of applause can drown out his voice, I think that means it could have been turned up a little louder.

The bastard who wrote the Ottawa review I read complained about his voice being weak, while in the same article spoke of his illness a few years ago, and the stroke. :mad: Fucking idiot, I think he can be given a pass for that, considering. :mad:

Btw, last night, his voice was much stronger than I expected, much stronger than I have seen him sing on tv, in the past few years. :up:

I bought some underwear from The Disney Store and as i'm bored i'm gonna post pics of those aswell.

I got some socks but they didn't photograph well. :madspit: They have a Silver tigger on them and say Tiggeriffic.

Front of one pair:
IMG_1439.jpg

Back of same:
IMG_1440.jpg

Great clothes, Jem!! :drool:

I know, seems like it's been ages! :sad: I've been run ragged lately between Sarah, my mom and school. :sigh: I'm lucky to even be caught up with the thread these days, nevermind post. I'm hoping to do nothing today, though. :shifty: Glad you had a good time Friday night! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom