PGP - Lock up the boys the Plebans Are Coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like traditions too :heart:
Mr GG's mom still does stockings for the 4 boys on Christmas morning.
:lol: Of course they're all gone from home now.....for about 6 yrs now for the youngest.......but she still does it.
Me and Mr GG are the only ones that have to travel/stay all night during the holidays, so we are the only ones that get to do the stockings :lol:
So, here I am at 40 :shocked: I'll be 41 this year!!!.....and I'm still gettting up Christmas morning, going to the tree in my PJs and opening my candy, hair pretties, and post-it notes :giggle:

greeneyedgirl said:
:lol: Of course they're all gone from home now.....for about 6 yrs now for the youngest.......but she still does it.
Me and Mr GG are the only ones that have to travel/stay all night during the holidays, so we are the only ones that get to do the stockings :lol:
So, here I am at 40 :shocked: I'll be 41 this year!!!.....and I'm still gettting up Christmas morning, going to the tree in my PJs and opening my candy, hair pretties, and post-it notes :giggle:

Hey all:wave: :hug:

GG,when is you birthday,next month?

greeneyedgirl said:

That's one of the things my mom still does, too :) I love the little stocking gifts :happy:

Hey Fb

Someone needs to YSI it for you, it is SO good!

My damn dial up connection is slow enough anyway, but now that I'm in the process of moving everything around and downloading stuff for the sims, it would take all night to get it uploaded :grumpy:

Sad_Girl said:
Aww :cute: that's sweet

I always liked that tradition, too, but we haven't done anything like it for several years now. Other little traditions have developed, though, which are quite nice. Like Mom and Dad and I do Christmas eve here, just the three of us after church, because we go to my sisters house for Christmas day, and we don't want to carry presents back and forth with us. Or at least that was why it started, but it's turned into a very cozy little evening together. We go to church, come home and open presents and watch a movie or something like that together with the christmas lights all on :heart:

:heart:

My parents still let us open one gift sitting under the tree (from either other relatives or friends of the family) on Christmas Eve when we get home from Grandma's *g*

Christmas Eve is bring over the presents to Grandma's for the big family gathering (which since it's Mom's side isn't that big relatively speaking - no pun intended - but getting bigger now that there are great-grandchildren (Joe's son and Jamie's son)), and stay there for a while. I usually end up taking a short nap on Grandma's couch sometime during the evening after Dad and Megan leave for the midnight service (this may change this year since my family's changed churches, I really liked the Anglican church they started going to earlier this year when I was home for Thanksgiving, I may actually start going to the midnight one again), then home, open one gift and go to bed :wink:

16.gif

Back
Top Bottom