PGP: Letting Our Freak Flags Fly... Again... Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok took me awhile to catch up to the end of the thread. :wave: Gosh it's cold for some of you guys!! Eeeeek I couldn't do it! You guys are tough!

Just got to finally watch Bono on Oprah. His pants were shiny. :shifty: and pretty. His chair looked really uncomfortable though, poor baby. :( She could have at least provided him a comfy chair for his back. :madwife: And yes, loved those devlish little faces he makes. :love:

Ok I'm out again, bye! :)

UPDATE From my sis

Well, my dad is back home in the NH again.
He is more alert and awake :).

It willbe a matter of time...the doctor said sometimes patients rally for a while.

No more hospital for anything, so it's Pallitive care. He'll have his meals (and water) fed to him.
If he's up for it - he'll be wheeled down for the music :) concerts they have there as he has been before, and as he used to wheel himself around as well.

They'll call my sis if there's any major change.

Hopefully he'll be around for some weeks, a month or 2 more? Hard to tell right now.
I'm going to do my best to visit 2x's week.

Ok took me awhile to catch up to the end of the thread. :wave: Gosh it's cold for some of you guys!! Eeeeek I couldn't do it! You guys are tough!

Just got to finally watch Bono on Oprah. His pants were shiny. :shifty: and pretty. His chair looked really uncomfortable though, poor baby. :( She could have at least provided him a comfy chair for his back. :madwife: And yes, loved those devlish little faces he makes. :love:

Ok I'm out again, bye! :)

Is this on youtube yet????? :hyper:

Oprah is totally Bono's biggest fangirl in Celeb world. :lol: In the RED special she kept fangirling over him, and back in 2002 she was pretty taken with him as well.

ouch your poor little Shuffles! they are sooo cute looking!

I missed U2 but I saw Bono for a just minn ir 2 . My TV needs a better antennae - trying to get Channel 7 (ABC) is really annoying :waiting: . SO i missed more of Bono.

The guy zip-lining from the top of the Sydney Opera House to the stage!!!:ohmy:
And Oprah trying Vegimite! :lol:
Why no Tim Tams!?!!? :tsk:

Sidebar: Did you (us) Yanks know that Pepperidge Farms (of Milano cookie fame) makes Tim Tams now???? :shocked: I saw them at Target and resisted buying them b/c I'm back in training through March. But I really want to try them!

I saw those over the holidays too zooey! And I ran far away fast!! :lol: I'm afraid I'll like them!

And did you see the stills from the movie Larry was in that just got posted in the Misc thread? :hmm:

Is this on youtube yet????? :hyper:

Oprah is totally Bono's biggest fangirl in Celeb world. :lol: In the RED special she kept fangirling over him, and back in 2002 she was pretty taken with him as well.

You're totally right. And she also can't keep her hands off him. :madwife: :lol: I was also surprised that it was her first U2 show too. She seemed genuinely blown away at him being a rock star. (stoopid Oprah :rolleyes: duh!) :wink:

Here are the Larry stills that were posted, bringing this post over from the Misc thread:

Remember Man on the Train?
--> Larry Mullen Stars in Canadian Movie

first stills:

1smi.jpg

2smk.jpg

3smq.jpg

4smw.jpg

5smg.jpg

6sms.jpg

I have no idea when the movie comes out, does it have to be shown at one of the film festivals first? I don't know if this is an indy film or more mainstream... I wanna see it too! I'm still waiting for Killing Bono to make it here. It took forever and a day for It Might Get Loud to get out... Hey if this one gets to a festival you guys may have some Larry premiere photos! :hmm:

I have no idea when the movie comes out, does it have to be shown at one of the film festivals first? I don't know if this is an indy film or more mainstream... I wanna see it too! I'm still waiting for Killing Bono to make it here. It took forever and a day for It Might Get Loud to get out... Hey if this one gets to a festival you guys may have some Larry premiere photos! :hmm:

Premiere pics :drool:

I hope it's more mainstream. We never got IMGL so I'm hoping we get this one and Killing Bono :pray:

I just had a wonderful, wonderful thought...

It's possible that they may wait until the Toronto International Film Festival in Sept, given Larry's going to be kind of busy touring over the summer... :wink: That would make three U2 members in movies that have had their gala debuts here in Toronto! (Across The Universe and It Might Get Loud did too :D) Add to that the fact that Donald Sutherland is a Canadian icon, this is an Irish/Canadian co-production and the possibilities are endless *G*

I just had a wonderful, wonderful thought...

It's possible that they may wait until the Toronto International Film Festival in Sept, given Larry's going to be kind of busy touring over the summer... :wink: That would make three U2 members in movies that have had their gala debuts here in Toronto! (Across The Universe and It Might Get Loud did too :D) Add to that the fact that Donald Sutherland is a Canadian icon, this is an Irish/Canadian co-production and the possibilities are endless *G*

*books flight to Toronto for the festival* :sexywink:

Mmm... Tim Tams! :drool:

And hello Larry pics! :sexywink: I'll definitely be seeing that movie too. We never got IMGL in Vancouver, which totally baffled me. We have a pretty big film festival (although not on the level of TO, but still...), but it never came here. We're one of the biggest cities in Canada, so I was so sure the movie would be in one of our indie theatres at some point, but no. :sigh: At least I finally got to see it when it was out on DVD.

Anyhoodle... Happy Birthday, Kristen! :hug: Hope you get the day off and can have some fun!

Went for my first run of the season this morning and it was pretty tough, but I did it. :up: It's definitely going to be a challenge, but that's good. It's high time I got up and off my ass again, and got back to running. It's funny, sometimes I can tell when I'm going to win a contest or a draw, and I absolutely knew that I was going to win today's door prize. There were 2 items, and another lady was chosen first. I was crossing my fingers, willing her to pick the t-shirt, and she did. My ticket was drawn next, and I got this:

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/hsl9iqj - Shared by sharon_e_b

:giggle: Awesome, huh? :D

Now I'm sitting down with my coffee, making my meal plan for the week, so I can go grocery shopping in a little bit. Tonight I'm going to make this amazing sounding potato soup. I haven't seen a picture of it, but I saw the recipe on a food blog I read. It sounds so delicious, so I'm going to try it out tonight. :drool:

You're totally right. And she also can't keep her hands off him. :madwife: :lol: I was also surprised that it was her first U2 show too. She seemed genuinely blown away at him being a rock star. (stoopid Oprah :rolleyes: duh!) :wink:

:giggle: Lucky woman! I' was surprised as well that it was her first show, expected her to have seen loads as VIP!

:lmao: Those Larry stills. Oh god. THERE'S A DEAD ANIMAL ON HIS CHIN!!!! :laugh:

Today didn't suck as hard as yesterday. Cause my headphones broke I had to buy new ones, and turns out mine aren't made anymore. Got the newer model and holy crap the sound is amazing. For a pair of in ear buds my old ones were good, but the new model is brilliant! And I got a pair of Converse in my favourite shade of blue 50% off. :D

Ann would be there too as co-producer, I hope she'll bring earplugs :lol:

:lol:

I just saw that it's your birthday Kristen! :applaud: Happy bday again! Do you have any plans to celebrate?

Thanks :hug: No big plans. Just a dinner tonight and brunch tomorrow.

Mmm... Tim Tams!

And hello Larry pics! I'll definitely be seeing that movie too. We never got IMGL in Vancouver, which totally baffled me. We have a pretty big film festival (although not on the level of TO, but still...), but it never came here. We're one of the biggest cities in Canada, so I was so sure the movie would be in one of our indie theatres at some point, but no. At least I finally got to see it when it was out on DVD.

Anyhoodle... Happy Birthday, Kristen! :hug: Hope you get the day off and can have some fun!

Went for my first run of the season this morning and it was pretty tough, but I did it. It's definitely going to be a challenge, but that's good. It's high time I got up and off my ass again, and got back to running. It's funny, sometimes I can tell when I'm going to win a contest or a draw, and I absolutely knew that I was going to win today's door prize. There were 2 items, and another lady was chosen first. I was crossing my fingers, willing her to pick the t-shirt, and she did. My ticket was drawn next, and I got this:

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/hsl9iqj - Shared by sharon_e_b

:giggle: Awesome, huh? :D

Now I'm sitting down with my coffee, making my meal plan for the week, so I can go grocery shopping in a little bit. Tonight I'm going to make this amazing sounding potato soup. I haven't seen a picture of it, but I saw the recipe on a food blog I read. It sounds so delicious, so I'm going to try it out tonight. :drool:

Yay for exercise :wink: I'm sure it'll get easier :hug:

Sounds like you're having a pretty good day...

For sure!:wink:

WooHoo!!

Mmm, that sounds good, I've been thinking about making potato soup for a week now. :drool:

I'm really excited about having the French dip for dinner tonight.

Congrats on your win!

I don't know that I want to see that movie. Larry's chinweasle jut really really turns me off. :reject:

Thora, glad your run went well. What did you do? I did a pretty intense hilly ride this morning and hoping my legs recover well enough for tomorrow morning. And your door prize looks awesome. Is that a fanny pack?

K, hope your day is going well.

We're having a going away party for the neighbors today. What a crazy day - ride in the morning, double header games for my little guy, swim practice in 2 hours, then a bbq at our house. No rest for the wicked :crack:

Drea, that would be really cool if you got to see D.Southerland and LMJ at the film fest. :up:

Oh and I'm fully prepared to duck as the Canadians throw things at me, but I got sunburnt at my son's games today - REALLY? Sunburnt in January? :rolleyes:

continuing :hug:ss for Dazz!

sorry you had that crappy yesterday, GG :hug: and stalker??? sounds creepy! maybe some sick flasher (i assume because of the long coat)... creeps! glad you made it safe to public area! and glad you had much better day today!

*wonders when there's a chance to see that film that Larry is in...* :)
i still haven't watched Bono in that Universe-film yet :doh:

i spent most of the day outside on an event today and it was prettty cold.... -10C at least, maybe more in the evening. Toes certainly froze off! still do not want to get sick, i stuffed myself with garlic and hot tea afterwards, so i should be fine. Hopefully! I just want to get under a pile of warm blankets by night... of course wouldn't mind a nice snuggle, but guess i'm just going to have to accept a book and hopefully some hot dreams instead :shifty:

and double can't hurt - Happy birthday, Kristen!!!
a little treat on that occasion can't hurt ;)

whitelarry.jpg

_Atomic_L.jpg

_DSC1482.jpg

LAassrub.gif

BEACH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom