PGP: Letting Our Freak Flags Fly... Again... Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends! :hug:

Soooo glad it's the weekend. :crack: Today was horribly long and boring. Most of my department left in the morning without telling me where the hell they were going, and never came back. :| If I had known nobody would be around and I'd have virtually nothing to do, I would have left too. Oh well!

zu, the necklace was in my mailbox when I got home tonight! :D Thank you! :hug: I love it! :love:

Alien abduction? :uhoh: :wink:

Anything's possible! :lol:

It made me so frustrated, because there was a ton of work that needed to be done, but nothing could get accomplished because nobody was there. :rolleyes: Whatever. The day is done. I'm not going to think about work again until Monday. :D

Sorry about your sucky roast. :( I'm starving but don't have much in my kitchen. I need to go grocery shopping.

That sucks, having to be there, but not being able to be productive. :hug:

I'm actually quite bummed about the roast. I looooove French Dip, get it all the time in restaurants, and I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

I hope it'll be better! :)

I've decided to have a snacky-type dinner tonight. Popcorn, leftover soup, crackers, etc. That way I'll use up some of my stuff that isn't full meal size but it still tasty. :)

Yeah, this isn't coming together quite as fast as I thought it would - I'm leaving it on longer to see if that helps with the tenderness - so I made perogies to munch on. I have a feeling we won't be having the meat till tomorrow.

Yeah, this isn't coming together quite as fast as I thought it would - I'm leaving it on longer to see if that helps with the tenderness - so I made perogies to munch on. I have a feeling we won't be having the meat till tomorrow.

Mmm... perogies! :drool: Haven't had those in ages. Several people have talked about them lately, so I've decided I must make them soon. So damn tasty!

YAY!!!!!!! :cabbagepatch:
I'm glad you like it :love: It was made with love.

I'll definitely be wearing it this weekend at some point. :)

I don't make them, I buy them from the ladies at the Ukranian church!:wink:

I haven't even had any of the French Dip yet, still drinking the extra beer. :shifty: Sarah had some though, and said it's good.

Watching the Mystify dvd from Inxs from '97. Not quite sure what to think of it. :huh: It's no Live Baby Live...

:wave::wave:
hi....

boy am I stooopid :rolleyes:

I don't know where I ever got the idea that people are only discharged in the morning, noon, and by mid afternoon (3- 4PM) froma hospital:huh:. I called around 4ish are asked if he was still there. He was.
Did I think to ask whehter he weas going to be discharged later? Nnnooooo.

I got there around 6:30PM and he had been sent back to the NH. It was too cold and far away with what I was wearing to go- it's almost a half-mile walk to the place once i get off the bus. So I'm waiting to see what my sis was told (they mentioned about the hospital social worker talking to my sis)

I asked had he woken up more. She said he opened his eyes and mumbled some words.
Well that was better than the previous 4 1/2 days! hat's mostly what he's like the past 3 years .
So hoping maybe he has some more time in him, but won't know ( things could take a sudden dive) till I hear what they discussed with my sis.

I'm ok right now . :)

VP! :hug:ssss
and say hi to Sarah for me. :)

I'm glad your French Dip finally came out good!:applaud:

I have to make sometime a french stew Beef B_________ . I can say it by can't spell it the it actually sounds.

Chuncks of beef browned in butter (at bottom of a big pot, or maybe the onions are b rowned first and then the beef. :hmm: A bay leaf maybe, a touch of garlic then tomato paste and some red wine. Cook for X hours. It may be in her recipie book. Yuuuuuuum! :D

Beef bourguignon? I had to google it for the correct spelling. :wink:

I was never big on stews and stuff like that, but they've become more appealing in the past few years. I need to get using that slow cooker more often.

Sarah says hi back. :)

thank you :hug:

Since we now know what the medical parameters, and our dad's DNR, no, the "desicion" is pretty much out of our hands now.

If he wakes up enough to take water & food he'll be around till until (because late stage dementia starts to mess up various body systems) something major misfunctions that could be weeks or so; or a real infection for which we won't send him to the hospital, and let it take it's course (hey, if by a miracle he recovers from an infection ok!)....
And if he's not awake enough to take food & water...once he leaves the hospital (where he's being fed & rehydrated) ...then it'll be a matter of days, a week? He'll be leaving the hospital soon a day or 2 or 3? Maybe even today?
I have to call to find out where I am going tovisit him.

Ergh. Yeah. That's always the most difficult part, knowing the decision is essentially not yours to make anymore, beyond the obvious (my dad had one of those DNRs, too. And lemme tell ya, nothing says, "Here's a scary wake-up call" like your parents giving you a copy of your dad's living will. That was...unsettling :|). And infections are so touchy, there are some that have very few effects on the body, and then those that, once they spread, it gets worse, and...yeah.

Well, happy to hear some positive news that he seems to have woke up and shown signs of life of some kind, glad to hear that, at least (and hey, mixups are forgiven, lord knows your mind's been so frazzled lately, who can blame you?). It's the small things, sometimes, after all. I'm glad you're doing relatively okay today :hug:. And as always, you are welcome.

:hug: to GG as well, sorry you had a crummy day (and the stalker? Eesh! Thank god you managed to find a public area to blend into). Get as emotional as you want, I would feel the same way after a day like that. I have felt that way after shitty days, everyone does. Totally understandable. I'm just glad you're safe and sound after that.

I made an appointment with my doc but can't get in for a few weeks. Just gonna wait it out and talk to her about it. It's just kinda scary to be taking something that is getting all these lawsuits against it now :ohmy:

Thanks guys :hug:

Good idea. And you're welcome *Hugs*.

On the plus side, it's -42 with the wind chill today :lol:

Okay, you officially win the cold-off :p. It was -22 degrees F here this morning. Now last I saw it was 4 above. Warm-up, woo! LOL.

To those who can't figure how we survive such cold, I guess I figure, hey, it could be colder. And has been.

Did you see the part when Oprah's like "I'm a U2 virgin" and Bono's like "We won't go easy on you" :shifty:

:ohmy:...

...o-kay, need to watch that at some point this weekend (I recorded it today), definitely.

I love it when guys I like make such devilish comments like that :D :drool:.

Angela

Beef bourguignon? I had to google it for the correct spelling. :wink:

I was never big on stews and stuff like that, but they've become more appealing in the past few years. I need to get using that slow cooker more often.

Sarah says hi back. :)

:lol: :applaud::applaud:
Yeah, I'm sure that's it! thanks! :D

I want to make 2 stews inspired by all the stew cooking (though mine will be quite different) --Anthony Bourdine's (not how you spell his name either :lol: :rolleyes:) cooking & travel Show on the Travel channel he had at the restuarants and homes of the Pourtuguese Islands he visited.

Mine will be a Lamb greek-inspired stew.... Onions browed in butter, then lamb chunks, with fresh garlic, olive oil, oregano, I'm not sure if I'll throw another cut vegitable in (could have red and green pepers <like sheikebob>), water, cook X hours then later tomoto paste for ? 15 -20 mins... an probably more minced garlic stirred in after the flame is off.

Then a Indian-inspired one of chicken.

First browned, ground spices < cumin, corriander, cardamon ?a little cayenne pepper , ? clove or nutmeg -maybe in ghee and not just regular butter, brown onions (towqards the end of that add minced garlic) chicken chunks, potatoes, cauliflower, and cahshews- cooked for ?2 hours. I'm still working that one oit on my head beofre i go looking on-line for further knowledge and refindment. :)

:lol: I sometimes feel like that too!

I finally found my smaller iPod that I'd been looking for for ages. I have 2 - the U2 one that is a GIGANTIC monstrosity that's really old, and a smaller one (I think it's a really old nano) that I use for running. It's acting very strangely. :huh: At least it's charging now - it wasn't before. Hopefully it will be okay for my run tomorrow. It's the first training session of the season. I'd been thinking about buying a shuffle, since they were on sale, but they're probably back to regular price again. They're SO tiny and convenient, so I may just buy one even if they aren't on sale. The one I have now is still a bit bulky and inconvenient, since I can't clip it onto any of my clothes. I usually just shove it down my bra. :lol: :uhoh: Not so comfy! :wink:

ooh Thora, Good luck with your run tomorrow. And yes, the shuffle is super convenient. I've bought 3 :reject: (1st one got smashed/drenched by a bottle of body spray at the bottom of my gym bag, 2nd unclipped from my travel bag in the Atlanta airport. 3rd is a refurbished one). THey're fairly cheap and hold enough songs for just about any workout.

I made a playlist just for the race Sunday. It has 3 or 4 live versions of Streets and 2 or 3 of Bad :lol:

ouch your poor little Shuffles! they are sooo cute looking!

I missed U2 but I saw Bono for a just minn ir 2 . My TV needs a better antennae - trying to get Channel 7 (ABC) is really annoying :waiting: . SO i missed more of Bono.

The guy zip-lining from the top of the Sydney Opera House to the stage!!!:ohmy:
And Oprah trying Vegimite! :lol:
Why no Tim Tams!?!!? :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom