PGP - It's quiet and there's no one around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah he did; it was quite adorable

The story of Loretta Lynns life is incredible, too - I've been familiar with her music since I was a little girl, and I was pretty young when I first watched Coal Miners daughter - although I'd like to see something new done about her because she's contributed a lot more to country music since that film of her life was made

Yes, I'd be the first to agree: Jack White is one weird-lookin' dude. It's the hair. And the red-black-and-white clothing.

I haven't heard the stuff he did with Loretta Lynn, although I know he's a huge fan and I remember them together on the Grammys.

Plus, he and his wife -- a model Jack White met after Renee Zellwenger (spelling?) left him* -- just had a baby girl named Scarlet. So maybe he wants to settle down and raise his family away from a rock and roll scene.

*It gets more interesting: Jack White and his wife (who was in a White Stripes video) married just before Zellwenger started dating Chesney.

~BrightestStar~ said:

:cute:

But the big question is....what have they named them...

Sarah told me Gwen and Gavin's son's name earlier...first name is Kingston, and there were several other names, all of them quite good names. They have my hearty approval. :wink:

Brad and Angelina, on the other hand, all I've heard is that they "reportedly had a girl." :shifty:

Dazz, it's going to be around 90 here for the next several days...and if there's a smog warning, that means the humidity will probably be quite bad, too.

SG, my mom was always a huge Loretta Lynn fan, so I grew up with her music, too. Her subject matter for the time was very controversial.

From my Yahoo news feeds:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie gave birth to a daughter fathered by Hollywood movie star Brad Pitt, People magazine said late on Saturday.

A representative for the couple said Jolie, 30, gave birth to their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie Pitt, in Namibia, Africa. There were no further details available, People reported.

Meanwhile, as Indonesians suffered from a major earthquake and 6-9,000 other Africans died from AIDS today ...

Joanne, I'm not sure if you're allowed to sample songs on I-tunes before you buy, but an amazing song from Van Lear Rose is her duet with Jack, Portland Oregon. I'd really like to hear more of the cd...I'm sure I'll pick it up one of these days.

Night Dazz :hug:

VintagePunk said:

SG, my mom was always a huge Loretta Lynn fan, so I grew up with her music, too. Her subject matter for the time was very controversial.

Yeah - she had this naiivete about her - she sang honestly about the real sorts of feelings and things she had experienced and at that time many things were considered private and impolite to discuss openly, etc...

one of the things about her music and about all of the artists I respect and tend to enjoy most is that honesty - that open, bare humanity - it feels like they could be singing about me or you or someone close to one of us

Bye Dazz :hug: take care, talk to you soon!

VP, someone else asked me that same question today.

iTunes will let you listen to 30 seconds of a song before purchasing it. I may just buy that song anyway.

jobob said:
From my Yahoo news feeds:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie gave birth to a daughter fathered by Hollywood movie star Brad Pitt, People magazine said late on Saturday.

A representative for the couple said Jolie, 30, gave birth to their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie Pitt, in Namibia, Africa. There were no further details available, People reported.

Meanwhile, as Indonesians suffered from a major earthquake and 6-9,000 other Africans died from AIDS today ...

Wow...they weren't kidding when they wanted a Namibian name for their child! :ohmy:

Sad_Girl said:

Yeah - she had this naiivete about her - she sang honestly about the real sorts of feelings and things she had experienced and at that time many things were considered private and impolite to discuss openly, etc...

one of the things about her music and about all of the artists I respect and tend to enjoy most is that honesty - that open, bare humanity - it feels like they could be singing about me or you or someone close to one of us

And you mentioned Coal Miner's Daughter...my mom, my sister and I saw that in theatres when it came out.

Yes, I'm like 83 years old. :angry:

Actually, I was just a kid. :lol:

Have you read her bio of the same name? As always, tons of detail that the movie left out. It's a great read, I'd recommend it. :up:

bye weldy:hug:
nice to see you
if only for a second

hey there joanne
how are you doing???
i am sitting here listening ]
to wings, drinking wine, thinking
how much i love that paul mac :D

Molly Bloom said:

Good,
has your friend been acting a bit better ??

Actually, no. She called earlier, and tried to get details again. And she made a reference to him being just like that other guy. I made an excuse, and got off the phone quickly. Looks like I'm going into avoidance mode. Screening my calls.

She's also been pushing me to go out, and meet other people. She can't comprehend the phrase "I'm not ready," obviously.

VintagePunk said:

Actually, no. She called earlier, and tried to get details again. And she made a reference to him being just like that other guy. I made an excuse, and got off the phone quickly. Looks like I'm going into avoidance mode. Screening my calls.

She's also been pushing me to go out, and meet other people. She can't comprehend the phrase "I'm not ready," obviously.

:hug:
i am sorry that happened ...
i wish i had some words of
wisdom but all i can say is
i think giving her a wide
berth for a bit is a good idea
:madwife:

Back
Top Bottom