PGP - It's quiet and there's no one around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and by Friday everything will be ready for me to mix in the first gap in the UK tour between Leeds and Brighton on the weekend of 17th/18th June and our return to play the Leeds O2 festival on 25th June. Originally I left this gap so I could give my son some support in his first big exams, and I will do that as well.

From Pete's diary. :cute:

Dazz I think I found the thread you're talking about- and judging by what Pete wrote it's what I expected, they are both singing on it.

sami0201 said:
Dazz, I didn't see that Who thread. But what I can tell you is that I watch Pete live almost every week, and what I'm getting from him is that Roger WAS doing vocals. :shrug: Maybe Pete sings some of them, but I could almost swear that Pete has said he was in the studio with Roger so that Roger can finish vocals.

**I just looked in Bang and Clatter and I don't see any Who threads...

I expect that pete would sing lead on a few....it was jus t i thot i read what i just told you.......well, THAt's GOOD THEN...

You'll be in for such a treat when I finally have the ability to get my stuff on line...I have some fabulous photos of The Who from their Who's Next tour! :hyper:

I mean most of my U2 pics {so far} except for the ones of Edge & larry {seperate meetings} outside MSG .....are sooooooooo meh IN COMPARISON........after you've seen all my OTHER CONCERT photos....The WHo, Bruce, Patti SMith and a few other s

I wouldn't mind going to France for Bono or Edge. :cute: :heart:

Well I have to go put my monkeys in bed. I'll see you guys later. :wave: :heart: :D

jobob said:

That would be the U2 "Chopsticks Tour," featuring Bono on piano? :giggle:

Naah. If he feels he needs music lessons, then who am I to snark? Bad Jo, bad bad jobob. :no:

:giggle:

he has said he's never learned to read music..........it make sense...

I USED to know how to read music in 5th & 6th grade .....Viola, then clarinet.

but i lost the abilty LONG ago.

i was just explaining to my COmp Art teacher.....that I ocassionly get a tune in my head that is at least NOT OBVIOUSLY derivative of something else......and I can't write music. But somewheres I've got little pieces of paper of about ? 15 "tunes" that I put down as dots, with the higher or ;ower notes going up & down accordingly but not exact.....
.... I put a bigger gap when I KNOW the note is at least 2 note higher/lower than the last one.....and I use a curved under-join between 2 notes when I know the time between those 2 is quicker than the others.....

...but we have Garage Band on our Art Computers so he said i could try to figure some of the melodies I've made over the last 15 yrs or so.. it's around 10 to 15.....but i'm not sure i can find them all.....but it wiould be sooooooo %#$0&!@ !!!!! :faint: cool if i actually COULD compose some good melodies!!!!

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

20.gif

:lol:

*tries to steal chocolate bunny from smilie*

:angry:

Night Russty!:hug:

dazzledbylight said:
he has said he's never learned to read music..........it make sense...

I USED to know how to read music in 5th & 6th grade .....Viola, then clarinet.

but i lost the abilty LONG ago.

i was just explaining to my COmp Art teacher.....that I ocassionly get a tune in my head that is at least NOT OBVIOUSLY derivative of something else......and I can't write music.

So if Bono says he can't read music, that must mean he can't write out musical notes either. If this is true, I finally understand a comment he made in his memoirs about not being able to write down melodies he heard in his head.

jobob said:

So if Bono says he can't read music, that must mean he can't write out musical notes either. If this is true, I finally understand a comment he made in his memoirs about not being able to write down melodies he heard in his head.

yes......I probabvly had that quote in the back of my mind, too.

It's the same thing with me.....only i developed a rudimentry form of writing what I've heard in my head down......but now I may actually get to "see" what I've writen doen is anything good.

the OTHER HING I ALSO can sometimes hear full arraingements in my head as well.......... that I've never dopied down...more than one thread of music at a time no beass line or higher harmony lines either...

I haven't had one in ...........:hmm: maybe a year or so.........but if ones comes up and i get a arraignment.....i'll try to "jot" some of it down too.

what I said to my teach was..I should AT LEAST get a gutair tuner little what ever you call it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom