PGP: in The NorthEast USA: it's GETTING HOT for our U2 boys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, when Mr.Z gets tired of the crowd (or has to pee) he usually winds up going back as close to the sound board as possible (not to pee - after that! :lol: ). As a musician, he says that's where the best sound in the place is.

Last tour I put myself on a strict fluid regimen and didn't pee from the time we entered the venue till we left. :lol: This time, I squished my way out of the pit while Sarah guarded our rail, and made my way back in during Snow Patrol. Then last night, I actually went during U2 - I was able to go during Beautiful Day, and made it back before the song finished. It was awesome! :lol:

First night we were IN THE PIT on the back rail. That's when I found the sound buzzy, almost too intense.

It was back to the right of the soundboard on the second night that I found the sound to be crystal clear. :)

Awww, poor thing. :hug: I cannot even fucking imagine having to get up at the time she did this morning! :crack:

I'm sure she'll sleep well tonight :cute:

Last tour I put myself on a strict fluid regimen and didn't pee from the time we entered the venue till we left. :lol: This time, I squished my way out of the pit while Sarah guarded our rail, and made my way back in during Snow Patrol. Then last night, I actually went during U2 - I was able to go during Beautiful Day, and made it back before the song finished. It was awesome! :lol:

Yeah I downed a beer during Snow Patrol and ran to the bathroom after they went off. The line was so long and I was so scared I was gonna miss their intro. I was listening for Kingdom the whole time I was in the bathroom. There was this lady behind me in the bathroom line and we were laughing at the fact that there was absolutely no line for the guys bathroom :lol:

First night we were IN THE PIT on the back rail. That's when I found the sound buzzy, almost too intense.

It was back to the right of the soundboard on the second night that I found the sound to be crystal clear. :)

Oh ' K
THANKS, VP...
sorry

i'm still over tired ( from previous 2 weeks) and NOW I'm both nervous AND excited about next week!
AND THAT All effects my not the best at the moment concentration.... :huh: WHICH means Im going over things a lot more than I might otherwise.

tho LESS nervous now b/c I've got the meet up w Laura all squared away and it won't be difficult at all L'll prob
MAybe I'll even take an earlier bus ...1> I could walk to GS to see if there's a sound check?
Anyone here know what the sound check times have been?

I'll ask in Tour thread as well.

and also get to hotel earlier /bc I'd rather be there EARLIER than STUCK In traffic getting to it, and have Laura waiting for me! not gud :tsk:

I wore earplugs to Green Day and took them out at one point - buzzy! And the crowd! Put them back in and all was well again. I think I'll bring earplugs to U2.

I actually brought ear plugs last tour, wore them for the first song, and then took them out and never wore them again. This time though, it just didn't sound clear to me up front, and then later in the show, I'm not sure if my ears just went wonky or not, but my balance started feeling all weird. After I put the tissue in, it went away. The funny thing though, Sarah said it sounded fine to her, she couldn't hear much difference between first night and second night, but I sure did!

Oh ' K
THANKS, VP... soory

i'm still over tired ( from previous 2 weeks) and NOW I'm both nervous AND excited about next week!
AND THAT All effects my not the best at the moment concentration.... :huh: WHICH means Im going over things a lot more than I might otherwise.

tho LESS nervous now b/c I've got the meet up w Laura all squared away and it won't be difficult at all L'll prob
MAybe I'll even take an earlier bus ...1> I could walk to GS to see if there's a sound check?

and also get to hotel earlier /bc i 'd rather be there EARLIER than STUCK In traffic getting to it!

At least you got all the meeting up things figured out. I know it'll be all worth it when your standing in front of the claw:D

Oh ' K
THANKS, VP...
soory

and also get to hotel earlier /bc I'd rather be there EARLIER than STUCK In traffic getting to it, and have Laura waiting for me! not gud :tsk:

Oh, that's okay, nothing to be sorry for, I'm so tired, I wasn't sure if I was explaining myself clearly. :)

I'm not sure about soundcheck. The first day in the GA line, there was this huge-ass, noisy generator near us that made it impossible to hear soundcheck. The second night, as I mentioned, we didn't even leave the room till around 8:20 or so, and didn't go down onto the field till around 8:45.

:lmao: Yeah, I just don't drink any more than I absolutely have to, which will be interesting, standing in line in these hot cities like Dallas and Phoenix and LA. But Mr.Z has a bladder the size of a GrapeNut. Although when it's HIS band (coldplay) he didn't leave the GA area, not ONCE, when he got his spot on the rail. I'm not sure, but I think he'd had a catheter put in for that night. :giggle:

:lol::lol:
good for you!!!

:lmao: Yeah, I just don't drink any more than I absolutely have to, which will be interesting, standing in line in these hot cities like Dallas and Phoenix and LA. But Mr.Z has a bladder the size of a GrapeNut. Although when it's HIS band (coldplay) he didn't leave the GA area, not ONCE, when he got his spot on the rail. I'm not sure, but I think he'd had a catheter put in for that night. :giggle:

I figure I take 2 small bottles of water and drink from ?? 10 AM till around 2 - 3 PM ?
I know They're letting people in at different times at different venues

The idea being I can pee my last at port-o-san and then be in there w/o water till th show is over?

ESP BECAUSE it'll be cooler ?70's / upper 60's

I figure I'll also take some hard candy for inside....... to ease my thirst

ive gone 7 - hours w/o real water at times AS Long as it's on the cooler side below 75F

:lol: !!!! I think we've talked about having catheters put in for shows!

It really is something you have to be aware of, and it takes a toll on your body, balancing the whole drinking and lack of washroom thing, especially in really hot GA situations where it helps to be hydrated. The great thing over the past few days is that being outdoors, and since Rogers had the roof open (very rare for a concert there, only the second time ever), it was cool, even in the pit. SO nice, compared to the Vertigo tour!

ooh, Daz, the hard candy/gum thing is a good idea. Acutally, they make this stuff for runners / cyclists - it's like gatorade gum. They also make jellybeans that are packed with "hydrating power". I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Problem solved!!!

you got important things to do! like packing

got your camera!!!??
got your extra batteries!!!???
an EXTRA SD card!!!???
YOUR TIX??!!!???

Clean undies?

Really, everything else (besides what Daz listed) is secondary, right?
I'm off until later this evening. Safe travels and happy planning to all.

oh, I just remembered IT'S FRIDAY!!!

It really is something you have to be aware of, and it takes a toll on your body, balancing the whole drinking and lack of washroom thing, especially in really hot GA situations where it helps to be hydrated. The great thing over the past few days is that being outdoors, and since Rogers had the roof open (very rare for a concert there, only the second time ever), it was cool, even in the pit. SO nice, compared to the Vertigo tour!

THAT"S WHY i was SO determined/NErvous about getting a GA THIS time!!

but go to PHILLY AND DC...It'd be in the HOTTER summer, & Southerner cities
and THAT could be a probem for me... :huh:

Yeah it was pretty cold in the Rogers Center. I had on jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a t-shirt on top of that and I was freezing. I put on my t-shirt and sweatshirt I bought at the merch stand and problem solved:wink:

you got important things to do! like packing

got your camera!!!??
got your extra batteries!!!???
an EXTRA SD card!!!???
YOUR TIX??!!!???

Both my batteries are charged and ready to go and my memory cards have had everything erased on them. I put my tickets in my wallet already

I figure I take 2 small bottles of water and drink from ?? 10 AM till around 2 - 3 PM ?
I know They're letting people in at different times at different venues

The idea being I can pee my last at port-o-san and then be in there w/o water till th show is over?

ESP BECAUSE it'll be cooler ?70's / upper 60's

I figure I'll also take some hard candy for inside....... to ease my thirst

ive gone 7 - hours w/o real water at times AS Long as it's on the cooler side below 75F

It's late September outdoors in the late evening, unless there's a major heatwave you should be fine. :)

Gum and hard candies are a must. Rogers did allow plastic water bottles in, which was really nice. What I find is that if you go for a few hours before the show without drinking, once you're in there, you can have small sips, and still be fine till the end of the show. Even though water wasn't allowed in the arenas I went to last tour, I still snuck it in and did that.

Yeah it was pretty cold in the Rogers Center. I had on jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and a t-shirt on top of that and I was freezing. I put on my t-shirt and sweatshirt I bought at the merch stand and problem solved:wink:

It wasn't quite that bad in the pit and on the field. It was comfortable coolish. I brought a light hoodie with me, but I didn't use it, Sarah ended up wearing it.

It's late September outdoors in the late evening, unless there's a major heatwave you should be fine. :)

Gum and hard candies are a must. Rogers did allow plastic water bottles in, which was really nice. What I find is that if you go for a few hours before the show without drinking, once you're in there, you can have small sips, and still be fine till the end of the show. Even though water wasn't allowed in the arenas I went to last tour, I still snuck it in and did that.

tAccu weather ( which I don'tthink is quiteas good as my locoal CBS 88o station predictions SEZ.... 74F tues & 77F

and weds it's ll be my sis & me in seperate seats :(

I'm gonna try for Radio station tixs if someone is giving 2 at a time away so we COULD be togther

:( spoiler
it's BE our fIRST concert without Brenda and Brenda & us>>we all saw U2 at Radio City Hall in '84(maybe Glenn, too) Amnesty Benifit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom