PGP: In our next lives, we're going to be balloons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is on 24-7. At one time, I think a statement like that would have been a source of shame, but it's like we've become so reliant on them - entertainment, reading material, social stuff, work/info gathering.

I pretty much live alone most of the time, so if I'm home and not doing housework or interacting with the cats, what else is there to do?

I suppose I could take up a hobby of some sort. But then I'd have to look it up on the computer. :wink:

I learned to Crochet on the Internetz!!! :D

And i have my Land line for Local calls! :D
-----------------------------------------------
OH and I FINALLY JUST got my CD Changer up on a (plstic) MMilk Crate with the BOOM Box on top a few days ago!:applaud::hyper:

THEN I couldn't find the Cable to connect them! :grumpy::grumpy:

Now I found it today BUT somehow when it got packed in the very loose loop i had it it in "twisted" maybe being moved several times in my new place it tightened so really bent much :huh: i'm not sure it's safe to utilize! :angry:

However I'll show it to 1 or 2 friends of mine ... they could probably tell me. AND i'll ask them if I can split the wires, cut the really bent part (not more than ? 3 inches or so) scrap off the protection, rewire and then cover it all in electrician's tape . :D

they might give me some of their tape. If i want this before next ? Sun , that's what i might need to do until I get moar $. We'll see! I HAVE waited this long!
And I have pretty darn good :heart: radio station to listen to!

Drinking party in the PGP! :cheer: I just got home a little bit ago, and have just poured a glass of wine. I'm too damn lazy and exhausted to cook tonight, so I'm thinking about ordering a pizza. I can't remember the last time I did that. :lol:

Drinking party in the PGP! :cheer: I just got home a little bit ago, and have just poured a glass of wine. I'm too damn lazy and exhausted to cook tonight, so I'm thinking about ordering a pizza. I can't remember the last time I did that. :lol:

Drinking party?? I just got here... I have tequila and beer. Coming down with a cold and feeling bleh and lazy so I'll go with the easy access beer. :weekend:

:wave:

Drinking party?? I just got here... I have tequila and beer. Coming down with a cold and feeling bleh and lazy so I'll go with the easy access beer. :weekend:

:wave:

Yay! Doesn't matter how much or what you're drinking. Join in! :happydance:

My phone just bleeped, and it scared the shit outta me. :lol: Forgot that I had turned the phone's volume onto the highest setting. :yikes: :lol: Whoops.

The sad thing is, I have multiple other things I could do besides goofing around online.

I could write - I like to hand write a lot of stuff, so I wouldn't need to have the computer on. (*but see also our PM conversation about being undisciplined :wink: )

I could read. I read a lot as it is.

I could, oh, I don't know ... get out and do something resembling anything?

*sigh*

:hug:

WIth TV show or a Movie I am rewatching ( I have Touchstone Movies, books, TV episoides)..... I might be reading a newspaper or magazine, crocehting/knitting, making jewelry (which I haven't done much in the past 2-ish years & really want to do sme new stuff, and maybe redo a very few things that may have gotten lost in the move :angry:), or even casual sketching!

BTW >>>>
i just got a DVD copy of ( I had it taped off on video ys back) :heart: Field Of Dreams AND b/c it was a used DVD's 2 for $10 Sale -- i deicdced to get "the Fountain".
Already re-watched FoD......will watch TF over the next several (pick a) day(s).

I decided I don't feel like ordering pizza. :lmao: It's just too damn expensive. Only one place delivers to my neighborhood, and I really wasn't interested in their menu.

I should probably decide if I'm going to buck up and cook something, or go out and grab something quick before I drink any more. I've only had half a glass of wine, but I should get the driving over and done with now, before I get close to the limit. They recently changed the drinking/driving laws here, and are crazy strict now, which is a good thing. But that means I've got to make my decision fast before I have any more booze. :lol:

I have booze! But I need to spend some time away from the computer tonight. Just right-click-saving some pictures at the moment. :shifty:

My eyes are feeling a little strained after being on the computer all day at work, and I want to go for a mini road trip tomorrow, so I don't want to risk giving myself a migraine. :(

I may pop in later if I absolutely cannot handle being offline all night, but you girls have fun. Don't be getting into any trouble. :sexywink:

What's this getting out thing you speak of? :wink:

It's just as bad out there though, with smartphones and texting. It's like everyone I see when I'm out has a phone glued to their hand. At least I'm not that bad. Yet. :shifty:

Remember back in the late 90s when everyone was all "oooh, beware internet addiction!" Um, yeah. That went well for society. :lol:

I think I might call someone on my cell for a quick convo if/when i was/am out some where and something really special was going on & I thought they'd be interesting in seeing/ or hearing it IF that they didn't know about it.
OR if it was even more wonderful/interesting then I expected, and they knew about it, but i wanted to empahsis how great it was ...i'd call or text ( now).

Other-wise.....i enjoy both: either going by myself to most things if I & family or friends can't get our schdules to connect b/c most of the time I'm pretty to really into what I'm going out to see/expereince, other-wise i probably wouldn't bother, or be with said person/people to doulbe the fun/woder/interest etc!

Ok I'm going for a bit but first, just saw this and I still am not sure whut I'm seeing here. :ohmy: :lol:

adamlegsheffield.jpg

I have no booze at home. :(

Aww. :( I wish I could send you more than just a virtual drink: :cocktail:

I have booze! But I need to spend some time away from the computer tonight. Just right-click-saving some pictures at the moment. :shifty:

My eyes are feeling a little strained after being on the computer all day at work, and I want to go for a mini road trip tomorrow, so I don't want to risk giving myself a migraine. : (

I may pop in later if I absolutely cannot handle being offline all night, but you girls have fun. Don't be getting into any trouble. :sexywink:

Trouble?! Us?! NEVER!! :angel: :wink:

Ok I'm going for a bit but first, just saw this and I still am not sure whut I'm seeing here. :ohmy: :lol:

adamlegsheffield.jpg

Woah! :ohmy: :lol:

Maybe Adam is a member of the Bendy Edge club too. :ohmy:

edit: I've decided yes, he is a bonafied member of the club.

Decided not to go out. I'm not super hungry, and I'd rather just stay in anyway. :lol:

I went looking in my cookbook cupboard to get some meal ideas, and found a book on alcoholic drinks I'd totally forgotten I had. SO many delicious ideas in here! There are 1300 recipes in it. :drool:

Decided not to go out. I'm not super hungry, and I'd rather just stay in anyway. :lol:

I went looking in my cookbook cupboard to get some meal ideas, and found a book on alcoholic drinks I'd totally forgotten I had. SO many delicious ideas in here! There are 1300 recipes in it. :drool:
Sounds good. :drool:

Did you decide on anything? I wasn't that hungry, either. I just had a sandwich earlier.

I've been craving pizza in the worst way lately. But I've been buying this excellent mozzarella for the past year, and recently, they put it up nearly double what I'd been paying for it, and I haven't bought it since on principle. :angry: They have it cheap at Costco, but I'm not driving like 30 miles just for cheese, that'd be crazy, right? :shifty:

Still watching Hannover. Bono looks so...boyish. I don't know what the hell they did to him when he had that surgery, but well done, whatever it was. :up:

eta - yay, TUF was still in the setlist for this show! :drool:

Sounds good. :drool:

Did you decide on anything? I wasn't that hungry, either. I just had a sandwich earlier.

I've been craving pizza in the worst way lately. But I've been buying this excellent mozzarella for the past year, and recently, they put it up nearly double what I'd been paying for it, and I haven't bought it since on principle. :angry: They have it cheap at Costco, but I'm not driving like 30 miles just for cheese, that'd be crazy, right? :shifty:

Still watching Hannover. Bono looks so...boyish. I don't know what the hell they did to him when he had that surgery, but well done, whatever it was. :up:

eta - yay, TUF was still in the setlist for this show! :drool:

I'm making KD. :reject: I haven't had it in eons, and it looked appealing. Plus, there's little effort required in making that. :lol:

:lol: 30 miles for cheese? Well, if it's good cheese and really cheap, I'd say it's worth it! I'm sure you could find something else in the store. I always do. :lol:

As soon as this episode of Lost is over, I'm going to watch ZooTV. :drool:

I'm making KD. :reject: I haven't had it in eons, and it looked appealing. Plus, there's little effort required in making that. :lol:

:lol: 30 miles for cheese? Well, if it's good cheese and really cheap, I'd say it's worth it! I'm sure you could find something else in the store. I always do. :lol:

As soon as this episode of Lost is over, I'm going to watch ZooTV. :drool:

This mozzarella is SO good, it's not like the usual processed crap, it's real mozzarella sold in round pieces, and it goes all stringy and stretchy on pizza. :love: I think I have a bit of a cheese fetish. Driving there would cost me as much as buying it full price here, so I can't do either. It's a conundrum.

Sarah and I were talking about the new show today, and we've decided that Vincent needs to be a regular, and Jorge needs to guest star in the first season. :heart:

I'm watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on DVD. Then I will have some popcorn and perhaps watch a movie. Or perhaps start watching The Good Wife, also on DVD. But also with popcorn.

Thus goeth my evening. :up:

This mozzarella is SO good, it's not like the usual processed crap, it's real mozzarella sold in round pieces, and it goes all stringy and stretchy on pizza. :love: I think I have a bit of a cheese fetish. Driving there would cost me as much as buying it full price here, so I can't do either. It's a conundrum.

Sarah and I were talking about the new show today, and we've decided that Vincent needs to be a regular, and Jorge needs to guest star in the first season. :heart:

That stinks. Maybe you'll find a need to go out that way for some other reason in the future, and you could stop by.

Aww, that would be awesome! I heard that Jorge is going to guest star in some other show (I forget which one), but I think I remember it being Matthew Perry's new one.

Well, this KD didn't turn out well at all. :sigh: So annoying. :angry:

How do you like Sunny? I started watching it a year or two ago, watched about two episodes, and it just didn't grab me. I know that wasn't giving it much of a chance, and I've always meant to go back to it, but never have.

That stinks. Maybe you'll find a need to go out that way for some other reason in the future, and you could stop by.

Aww, that would be awesome! I heard that Jorge is going to guest star in some other show (I forget which one), but I think I remember it being Matthew Perry's new one.

Well, this KD didn't turn out well at all. :sigh: So annoying. :angry:

Yeah, I'll probably go in a few weeks when I run out of cat litter, or something.

I didn't hear about Jorge's new show, how awesome for him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom