PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stolen from u2.com forums

2011getonyourhats.jpg

:lol: nice!

And Grace, the thing is, they ship out Merchandise FROM the US. :crack: So we always get shit way later, seems like they ship per frickin' boat or something. Would be quite nicer if they shipped out from a place in the US and one in Europe( I dunno, DUBLIN or something?), so we'd get our stuff around the same time, not 3 weeks later!

got an email last night saying my U2.com order is on the way!!! I already received Zoo TV/U22 a few weeks ago and I was never sent an email saying things had been shipped. So either this is a delayed email and it's for the items I got or it's for the rest of it. :happy:

my mom's work is collecting teddy bears to send to Newtown kids. I had to run a few errands after work so she asked me to pick one if I happened to see one. I've watched all of the news since Fri, read tons of stuff online, watched videos of parents that have lost their kids but actually going shopping for a little bear to give to a kid to hug completely broke me. I found the most adorable bear ever. It's just a little stuffed animal that I didn't even spend $10 on but I hope it brings some comfort to whoever receives it. :sad:

got an email last night saying my U2.com order is on the way!!! I already received Zoo TV/U22 a few weeks ago and I was never sent an email saying things had been shipped. So either this is a delayed email and it's for the items I got or it's for the rest of it. :happy:

The actual book and cd are shipping, check the thread in EYKIW. :)

At least you guys will get it before the holidays. :crack: For us it's 24 days wait.

At least you guys will get it before the holidays. :crack: For us it's 24 days wait.

yep saw that and also saw it on @U2.com. My point was that I never got the email stating my other items were shipping like others received. I was just being a smart ass by saying it was probably for those items, not for the cd and book, since U2.com/fanfire have such a great reputation for communication. :flirt:

For you, I will wait until the new year to renew so that I do not get the book before you - because I love you. :hug:

my mom's work is collecting teddy bears to send to Newtown kids. I had to run a few errands after work so she asked me to pick one if I happened to see one. I've watched all of the news since Fri, read tons of stuff online, watched videos of parents that have lost their kids but actually going shopping for a little bear to give to a kid to hug completely broke me. I found the most adorable bear ever. It's just a little stuffed animal that I didn't even spend $10 on but I hope it brings some comfort to whoever receives it. :sad:

I read that they are sending therapy dogs to Newtown to help the kids with their feelings. I think that's great they are doing that. I have a dog I will GIVE one of the kids.

I watched the report from a neighbor of the school who found kids hiding in his yard. He let them in his house to play with his grandkid's toys. He said eventually the kids started talking about what they saw - it was horrific.

2011getonyourhats.jpg

Oh gods I needed this today. I'm having a rough week. Not worth getting into here, but suffice it to say that Xmas stress + unneeded stress from relatives = BAD MOOD. And I feel super underappreciated which makes it even worse.

But enough about my whining. U2 in Santa hats = the smiles I needed.

I love that U2 photo, too :D.

I read that they are sending therapy dogs to Newtown to help the kids with their feelings. I think that's great they are doing that. I have a dog I will GIVE one of the kids.

I heard that story, too. That's a fantastic idea indeed. Whatever helps.

I watched the report from a neighbor of the school who found kids hiding in his yard. He let them in his house to play with his grandkid's toys. He said eventually the kids started talking about what they saw - it was horrific.

Oh, lord :sad:. That's horrible. Good on him for giving them shelter, though, even if he didn't know that's what he was doing at first.

I like the idea of sending stuffed animals, too, arw. Maybe I'll look into something like that. I just want to do something, anything, for those families. They deserve every last bit of support imaginable.

Go, weldy!:wave:

CK! :wave: Extra :hug::hug: for you!

Watching tons of stuff on this utter tragedy would have just flagged my already-lowered winter blues sensitivity. I had not heard about the kids hiding in the neighbor-to-the-school's yard. Woah. He certainly did a very good thing.

Quite a set of circles of trauma & grieving within and outside Newtown's geographical area. :sigh:

arw- good for your mom!

Grace- anotrher good idea ... i wonder ....what if the (if they'd accept) you gave the dog to the school? While not trained as a therapy dog... they'll be leaving at some point where in your dog could be an unofficial therapy dog and be there permaently. I guess one or more teachers might have to keep the dog at their home for eves/weekends, summer vacation etc.

just a thot. :)

has this gotten thru? the signals drops out (or i could have a double post already! and not know it :huh: )

:lol: nice!

And Grace, the thing is, they ship out Merchandise FROM the US. :crack: So we always get shit way later, seems like they ship per frickin' boat or something. Would be quite nicer if they shipped out from a place in the US and one in Europe( I dunno, DUBLIN or something?), so we'd get our stuff around the same time, not 3 weeks later!

Really?? It used to be like that (I even had to pay 10€ customs before getting my 'free present' :angry: but I'm quite sure nowadays we get it here from London (or at least from the UK).
I assumed that was the case for the whole of Europe.. :hmm:

Really?? It used to be like that (I even had to pay 10€ customs before getting my 'free present' :angry: but I'm quite sure nowadays we get it here from London (or at least from the UK).
I assumed that was the case for the whole of Europe.. :hmm:

Yeah used to be, when u2 was still with Fanfire and Island. But last year's gift came from California. And my Hoodie is coming from the US as well, since I mailed to ask where the hell it is. Was shipped 15 days ago from the US, will take 24 days(prolly business days as well!). :crack: So yeah, since they're with Livenation, things got worse for us.

2011getonyourhats.jpg
:heart::lol:

Oh gods I needed this today. I'm having a rough week. Not worth getting into here, but suffice it to say that Xmas stress + unneeded stress from relatives = BAD MOOD. And I feel super underappreciated which makes it even worse.

But enough about my whining. U2 in Santa hats = the smiles I needed.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom