PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lots of ups and downs for me and probably others here. :hmm: A quick look back a page or two will give you an idea of what's been going on for VP. :hug: (Unless you already know from FB or elsewhere.)

It's mostly been tumbleweeds and crickets around here lately!

You realise that's not actually any useful news, right? He's doing the old damned relevance talk again. :rolleyes: That they will only put out an album if it's relevant, they need a reason to exist, yada yada yada.

He's repeating himself once again.

:lol: Pretty much.

Though he's more likely to get back in shape for a new tour. So who knows, he might be able to pull it off.

Bono.jpg

*speechless* :ohmy:

There's another black and white huge closeup too in that other link. :hmm: They should have taken his shades off!

so while everyone I know had the past 10 days off (mostly paid either via their vacation time or their work generously pays them to take time off at the end of the year for holidays) and went back to work today, I am now on my little unpaid :)happy: ) winter break. I worked myself to death the past month but now there's very little work at both jobs in the coming weeks. I tried to make the most of everyone else's time off by cooking and baking at home for them, going to movies, dinner, shopping, etc. after working a full day just so I could feel apart of winter "break." Anyways tomorrow I'm doing some much needed cleaning and will finish a project in my closet that I started 6 months ago and then got busy and never finished. But more importantly I'm going to explore my U2.com package I received last week! :der: Opened it up and immediately put it on my shelf with the rest of my U2 stuff. Haven't had a single minute to look at the book and certainly no time to listen to the music. Looking forward to blasting some live U2 while cleaning tomorrow for sure. :yes:

2013 is the year for me to start my own business. I'm tired of my work schedule and lack of cash so it's time to become a bakery owner. I'm starting out first by renting a commercial kitchen. I may have a kitchen I can use for free for a while but I'll have to buy a lot of my own equipment, including a mixer. But at least it's something so those of you that know me on FB, stay tuned....

Yes you are. SUCK IT GG!

I wondered if the day would come. I thought for an interview or cover photo. Not a weekend on the slopes!

All I will say, I am not 100% sure he can pull of leather for a 2014 tour.
: lol: Pretty much.

Though he's more likely to get back in shape for a new tour. So who knows, he might be able to pull it off.

:hmm:..........................

:lightbulb: :happy:

:evil::evil:

if it's not a total question of his particular physiology then........ :whistle:

......Get Bruce Springsteen's Trainer !!!! :up:

Bruce's, what... about 12 yrs older than Bono and Bruce looks as good as Bono did in his Bono 2.0 Euro 360....this year!

:tsk: That's ........pathetic, B-man!

BSpT *standing with a clipboard/checklist*: Alright... Mr Hewson....

....No foie grais, creme burlee, triple-cream cheeses, ........

...fish & chips- 2x's / month

...red meat- 1/week

...bacon- 1/month

...chicken with skin- 1/week

...local hand-made ice cream- 1/week

...only...oil & vineger for salad dressing

...Beer or Ale 1x week *slaps a local Irish Craft Beer out of Bono's hand*
...1 glass of white, rose or red wine every other day.... :blahblah:

Bono: :ohmy::sad:

*PGP's miniture fly-on-the-wall robot spy reporting*

The PGP Bono Girls: :lol: :applaud:

You haven't heard the new U2 album or got tickets to the new tour yet?! :ohmy:

:shifty:

:wink: Sorry.

:shocked:

You're so mean. :lol:

Bono.jpg

*speechless* :ohmy:

:combust:

so while everyone I know had the past 10 days off (mostly paid either via their vacation time or their work generously pays them to take time off at the end of the year for holidays) and went back to work today, I am now on my little unpaid :)happy: ) winter break. I worked myself to death the past month but now there's very little work at both jobs in the coming weeks. I tried to make the most of everyone else's time off by cooking and baking at home for them, going to movies, dinner, shopping, etc. after working a full day just so I could feel apart of winter "break." Anyways tomorrow I'm doing some much needed cleaning and will finish a project in my closet that I started 6 months ago and then got busy and never finished. But more importantly I'm going to explore my U2.com package I received last week! :der: Opened it up and immediately put it on my shelf with the rest of my U2 stuff. Haven't had a single minute to look at the book and certainly no time to listen to the music. Looking forward to blasting some live U2 while cleaning tomorrow for sure. :yes:

2013 is the year for me to start my own business. I'm tired of my work schedule and lack of cash so it's time to become a bakery owner. I'm starting out first by renting a commercial kitchen. I may have a kitchen I can use for free for a while but I'll have to buy a lot of my own equipment, including a mixer. But at least it's something so those of you that know me on FB, stay tuned....

:yippie:

can't beleive it, my last post was last year on Jan 1.

:ohmy: did i miss anything?

(ooo that was mean, comet! :tsk: )

oh wow you & your husband had surgeries! :hug: I HOPE all is MUCH better now!!!
I had a nasty time of it myself...

Everyone who's been around can skip this...

In early April a :ohmy: 3-part fractured ankle (trimaleosis), surgery w screws and all, in rehab for 2 + months (w blood thinner), including :ohmy::ohmy: blot clot (in affected limb) 3 weeks after surgrey (May)(while in rehab) breaking up into my lungs :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: (embolisms):yikes: with NO history of any peek of a problem before. Well dissolved safely WITHOUT permanent or long-term temporary heart problems- with a powerful "clot-buster" drug. NEVER EVER been hospitalized like that. Never been in an ICU asa patient (waaay too many times there watching over both parents as ! :sad:) Back to rehab. Two plus weeks to regain what I lost from the emergency. Put on a stronger? blood thinner for about 6 months as a precaution. Will soon be tapering off and returning to eatting the cuisines that have natural bood thinning herbs and spices in their dishes (which i didn't have have a few days before the clot).

Made a bit shakey but sucessful transition to home (late June)with a home aid, at home PT, nurse visit a few times or call-in for about 6--8 weeks.By the time they left i was able to go distances 3-4 blocks one way in my rather hilly neighborhood so i could get shopping at Supermarket, drug store, 99 cent store etcin that vacinity. Plus take Acess-a-ride.

Not 100% yet (having so many hills slowed my progress) but about 90% good in ankle motions - still stress in the most extreme posirtions. Surgeon said might feel something o the screws, I feel something in one area but 70% better than 2 months back. Because of hilliness not able to walk a full mile in any diection --like with level or mild inclines. Tho at first even mild inclines are weird, with a wheelchair or cane. Crutches were AWFUL! while i waited for surgery!

Now i can walk downhill the 7 block to and up ( 2- 3 stories up) elevated subway or, go uphill, or upthne 7-8 blocks to the bus .
Finally I also took myselfy 2 stops before my art place and walked the mile to getn there. Was a bit tired at the end New Year's Eve Day I walked a mile and a quarter and felt less tired for more distance (yay)I guess I'll regain my full physical stamina/energy this Spring.

this just blrew so much of my planned artworkings and other stuff out of the water! Still struggling to get back.

People here were very supportive and it helped alot! :love:

Oh, I wish you all the best with this, arw! :hyper: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom