PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reagen and the way he's perceived today pisses me off. He wasn't a hero. He didn't end the cold war. The USSR was collapsing on itself, wasn't sustainable, and that's what won it. Also, Carter got a shitty deal, with the release of the hostages not being announced till after Reagan won.

Carter is an amazing ex-president, he and Rosalyn have done so much good work. Someone to look up to, for sure.

yeah, there some other socio-cultural things, possiblely also some tech thing ( i don't remeber what i heard) that also had to do with the SU (USSR for the real youg'ins :D ) i heard a bit of a lecture on it!

Carter & Rosilyn have done some great stuff. Clinton has done some good stuff too. He was too neo-liberal for me at times but other stuff was good, great.

For better & worse Lyndon Johnson had the temperment to get things done in Congress like the War on Poverty...

i have heard but only from one radio person that Pres Obama was furious at Reid.

See i rememer some of the Liberal Republicans ! pon a state and city level i worked in campaigns for 2 that had more liberal policies than the 2 (then) conservative Democrats that were running! Before I had the right to vote.

I love Clinton, and as much as I wanted Obama to be the president, which was a lot, I wonder now if Hillary wouldn't have been the better choice. The Clintons are fearless, and I think they fight dirty when they need to, which I kind of wonder if that would be a better tactic in this political climate rather than Obama's conciliation. Either way, Hillary '16! :) I adore her, and it pained me to see people saying shitty, sexist things about her in the democratic convention.

well i had pros and cons for both Hillary & Obama so i wasn't leaning strongly one way or the other
it's true Hillary and Bill will fight dirty if they must . i am one of those liberal Democrats
that will fight "dirty" or slam back at least in some assertive way.

bur Hillary would have had her own haters and obstructionists if she got in

it was so nice to talk to you tonight vp :hug:

and :hug:s to sarah and the furball posse!(saw a commercial w 3 teenish kittens in a basket, longish-haired thot of :heart: ?Jack or Toby. :D )

this maybe another dbl post. i can't always tell when they go through electronically but don't show up on my puter bc the connection goes before that.

Wow , for the first time in centuries Holland is going to have a King.
Our Queen just announced her retirement date. :D

No presidents for us.

Yeah, it's going to be pretty interesting to see how next Queen's day will be. Sounds weird that it'll be the last one ever. :(

:wave: Hello folks. How is everyone?

I have to tell you, I finally received my Bono calendar today that I made at one of those online photo gift sites and it turned out SO good! I'm so happy with it! It turned out so high quality and professional looking I can hardly believe it's homemade, and my photos! Anyway, just wanted to let you know I recommend the site if anyone's planning to do stuff like that. It's called artscow.com.

I wish I could find a way to share it here. :hmm: It's called 360º of Bono. :D

You could ask Lori Jo, she made that Edge calendar remember?

:shifty: Which hangs on my wall for lack of a 2013 calendar. I could use a Bono one... *coughcoughhintcoughcough*

You could ask Lori Jo, she made that Edge calendar remember?

:shifty: Which hangs on my wall for lack of a 2013 calendar. I could use a Bono one... *coughcoughhintcoughcough*

Oh yeah well I have her calendar from last year too. I meant I wish there was an easier way to show you guys. But seriously if anyone wants to make one of their own pics at that site they do a fine job.

Of course if anyone wants a fine Bono calendar with all the work done for you, I can always take orders. :wink: (I did include the other 3 guys on their birthday months, in pics with Bono. :p )

By the way, here's the cover. :D (that gray around the edges isn't on the actual calendar, it's just a screen shot from the site where I made it. Hmm, maybe tomorrow I'll take screenshots of the whole thing, for a mini calendar! :hmm:)

360BonocoverCP.png

I made a U2 one that was an 18 month calendar so I'm good until June. She gave me an Edge calendar which we used at home. So, it hangs there until my Sherlock calendar comes in.

Well if it's easy enough for you to order more of the one you already have, that'd be great. :D

Otherwise I'd have to make one myself.

Making my U2 one was fun. But it was hard to choose which photos. January features Bono from Q awards in 2011, Zoo U2 and JT Bono - even one Gg would like. Clean hair hanging free....

I'm still planning to make a photo book of my 360 photo's, including the sightseeings and such... but I never get around to actually do it.

Well if it's easy enough for you to order more of the one you already have, that'd be great. :D

Otherwise I'd have to make one myself.

You really want a comet calendar? :giggle: That's what happens when U2 drops the ball. :D It actually would be easy since the template is all saved now. I could just tweak the months to begin with Feb. and end with Jan 2014. I wonder how fast it would get to you. :hmm:

:shifty: If it's Bono, then I'd be willing to pay for it, if it's doable with shipping and handling, of course.

no need to change the months or anything. :lol: I forget to switch anyway so I use my calendars longer. Edge's is still on november I think. Nope, checked, October. :uhoh:

:shifty: If it's Bono, then I'd be willing to pay for it, if it's doable with shipping and handling, of course.

no need to change the months or anything. :lol: I forget to switch anyway so I use my calendars longer. Edge's is still on november I think. Nope, checked, October. :uhoh:

It was actually April in my bedroom for most of last year. :shifty: The official U2 calendar was a little lacking on the Bono, IMO. I made sure to correct that with the official comet 2013 calendar.

I want to tweak the little things I can fix now that I've actually got a finished one in hand, and order a few extras anyway, so I'll let you know when it's ready. :D

It was actually April in my bedroom for most of last year. :shifty: The official U2 calendar was a little lacking on the Bono, IMO. I made sure to correct that with the official comet 2013 calendar.

I want to tweak the little things I can fix now that I've actually got a finished one in hand, and order a few extras anyway, so I'll let you know when it's ready. :D

Yup! That's why I made my own. And i could use photos from all eras!

:shifty: This makes me think we need an official BEdge calendar.

And make it like in Harry POtter. So we can add gifs.

:lol: I like this idea.

A friend sent me a calendar she'd made recently that had a mix of pictures of the Finn brothers and the guys in U2-it's pretty cool looking. But I like this full-fledged U2/Bono calendar idea, too.

Back
Top Bottom