PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep waking up an hour before my alarm is supposed to go off.. Too *}*+#%*@):€ early!!

Morning. Of to work

Belated good morning/afternoon/whatever to everyone here!

I just got off work a half hour ago. And I have tomorrow off. Then I work seven days straight. So I shall kick back and relish the free time I have this weekend.

Something along the lines that they have more Facebook followers than U2 and a bunch of other celebrities.

Freaked the hell out of me. :lol:

:lol: What an odd thing to brag about. That's funny, though.

tumblr_llxcl7wmwv1qkezm8o1_250.gif

:whistle:
:love::love::lol::love::love:

thanks. GG!

This is how I tend to be sometimes, too. I'm never one of the first people to hear about a band, I always get around to discovering them after they've been around a number of years. I usually wind up stumbling across artists that I become a fan of in my own weird ways.

There's a lot of artists I've heard of, or have a slight familiarity with (know a couple of their songs here and there and that sort of thing), that I'd love to check out further-I'm always up for discovering new music. What I'd like to do more of, too, is branch out more and hear music from genres I don't listen to as much. I've got my own little niche genres and styles I tend to love, and I'll always love them, but it'd be neat to expand my horizons a bit on that front, so to speak.

i kn ow alot of different genres.

My problem is not enough acess sayto the net to be able to listen on line for up & coming bands...since I can usually only go to shows where Ican sit outside and hear them. And sometimes :angry: in the summer if 'm ectra tire thje temp & HUMOIDITY is to high for me to go. gah:

I just got off work a half hour ago. And I have tomorrow off. Then I work seven days straight. So I shall kick back and relish the free time I have this weekend.

ENJOYYYYYY!!!!!

They like to brag about that, the fact that Monday Night RAW is the longest-running weekly episodic show (it's over 1000 episodes), and other things...

They're very vain. :lol::lol:

They're so vain they probably think this discussion's about them.

Or something.

(Actually, though, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of the things they brag about are true. Wrestling's still got its devoted fanbase and everything, so...).

i kn ow alot of different genres.

My problem is not enough acess sayto the net to be able to listen on line for up & coming bands...since I can usually only go to shows where Ican sit outside and hear them. And sometimes :angry: in the summer if 'm ectra tire thje temp & HUMOIDITY is to high for me to go. gah:

Yeah, I know that feeling, too, about the internet. The internet's the best place to discover music nowadays, so when you're cut off from that, you do tend to feel kinda shut out.

At least you live in a big city, so if any bands do come through, you still have a means to see many of them and a lot of big names come around and all that good stuff. I've lived in small towns or smaller-sized cities, All the big, cool, exciting, varied music-related stuff doesn't happen where I live, so if I want to see anything that isn't, say, local bands or '80s hair bands doing the nostalgia circuit or something like that, I have to drive two, three hours or so away for it. And when you don't have the money on you nor the means to get to concerts and that, it can, like with your lack of proper internet access, be kind of frustrating.

ENJOYYYYYY!!!!!

Thanks. Will do :).

Or something.

(Actually, though, I wouldn't be surprised to find out some of the things they brag about are true. Wrestling's still got its devoted fanbase and everything, so...).

:lol:

Yea, I mean some of the stuff they say, I don't really know about, as I pay as little attention to social media outlets as I can. Occassionally, I do need to post to Facebook/Twitter, because ONE.org and (RED) both ask me to.... :shifty:

Forgot to mention: enjoy your time off! My dad is working his butt off lately. We got a HUGE snowstorm on Thursday/Friday, and are expecting more snow soon. :hyper: *loves snow*

Or something.

Yeah, I know that feeling, too, about the internet. The internet's the best place to discover music nowadays, so when you're cut off from that, you do tend to feel kinda shut out.

At least you live in a big city, so if any bands do come through, you still have a means to see many of them and a lot of big names come around and all that good stuff. I've lived in small towns or smaller-sized cities, All the big, cool, exciting, varied music-related stuff doesn't happen where I live, so if I want to see anything that isn't, say, local bands or '80s hair bands doing the nostalgia circuit or something like that, I have to drive two, three hours or so away for it. And when you don't have the money on you nor the means to get to concerts and that, it can, like with your lack of proper internet access, be kind of frustrating.

Thanks. Will do :).

Angela, how would I find you on Facebook? PM me. :)

:lol:

Yea, I mean some of the stuff they say, I don't really know about, as I pay as little attention to social media outlets as I can. Occassionally, I do need to post to Facebook/Twitter, because ONE.org and (RED) both ask me to.... :shifty:

LOL. Hey, I get it, how can you say no to those guys, right? But yeah, I know what you mean. Facebook's about the only big social media outlet I have experience with, but not in a statistical sense. I mainly just go on there to talk to family and friends on occasion and stuff.

(And on that note, VP, I shall PM you shortly with that info :)! Same with anyone else who is curious about that-I think I've got some of you as friends on there, but if there's anyone I've not yet connected with who wants to do so, let me know.)

Forgot to mention: enjoy your time off! My dad is working his butt off lately. We got a HUGE snowstorm on Thursday/Friday, and are expecting more snow soon. :hyper: *loves snow*

Thanks, so far so good. I'm considering popping in a DVD or listening to some music soon here or something.

Woo for your dad getting some good work-I've been hearing about all the snow you guys have had out there, yeah! We've had some snow for around the past month or so (we got it in time for Christmas, so we had a white Christmas and all that, which made me go, "YAY!"). But the temperature's gone well above freezing the past few days and so a lot of that snow is melting. Now it's cold again, but no snow in the forecast for the next week or so, save for the occasional flurries.

But eh, well. Typical January thaw. Knowing Iowa and its wacky weather patterns, come February or March we'll probably get walloped with one or two more snowstorms :p (hell, we've had snowstorms in April here).

I love snow, too. I love winter in general. I'm in a minority among many in this part of the country with that feeling, I know, but eh, that's nothing new for me, LOL.

In weird, happy tv news: This weekend, Comcast has given us (and probably almost all their customers) Showtime OnDemand FREE. All their movies that they currently have, and tv shows. All free. Until Sunday at midnight, I think.

FROM THE SKY DOWN. :shifty:

LOL. Hey, I get it, how can you say no to those guys, right? But yeah, I know what you mean. Facebook's about the only big social media outlet I have experience with, but not in a statistical sense. I mainly just go on there to talk to family and friends on occasion and stuff.

(And on that note, VP, I shall PM you shortly with that info :)! Same with anyone else who is curious about that-I think I've got some of you as friends on there, but if there's anyone I've not yet connected with who wants to do so, let me know.)

Thanks, so far so good. I'm considering popping in a DVD or listening to some music soon here or something.

I love snow, too. I love winter in general. I'm in a minority among many in this part of the country with that feeling, I know, but eh, that's nothing new for me, LOL.

Because of talking with Jem and Anji earlier on FB, I'm watching Zoo TV Stockholm, the first time I've watched any U2 in...6 months? A year? I'm not even sure. *badfan*

Speaking of winter, we've hardly had any, but we're experiencing a huge thaw right now, for you Americans, it was mid 50s today and is supposed to be up to 60 tomorrow, woot! I wish i was enough of an environmentalist to be upset by this, but nope, nothing but joy here. ;)

Because of talking with Jem and Anji earlier on FB, I'm watching Zoo TV Stockholm, the first time I've watched any U2 in...6 months? A year? I'm not even sure. *badfan*

I can't even remember the last time I sat down and watched something U2-related. To be fair, that's 'cause most of my DVDs of that sort are still packed away somewhere (long story). But still.

Speaking of winter, we've hardly had any, but we're experiencing a huge thaw right now, for you Americans, it was mid 50s today and is supposed to be up to 60 tomorrow, woot! I wish i was enough of an environmentalist to be upset by this, but nope, nothing but joy here. ;)

Ergh, yeah, see, that sort of weather at this time of year would just be flat out wrong to me. Even if we're not getting snow, it's winter, so I still expect it to at least feel like winter, being cold and all that. If it's in the 60s that throws me off and I don't like it. That weather is totally fine in April, but in December or January? No.

(Plus, the whole environmentalist, global warming thing you note, too, but, yeah :p.)

Back
Top Bottom