PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah JJ, I'm suuuuure Domo would love to "watch football" with Mr. Mertens. :wink:

He hasn't been playing for months! :sad: how the .. can I "Watch him:love:" like that.

Okay , bit over dramatic. But He'll be back soon. after the winterstop.

Guess what I saw today ?

GXkBu.jpg

This is so beautiful!! :love:

:panic: We'll have a new album in the fall, a single in september and it'll be Danger Mouse producing, NOT Will I Am! :panic: Shit's happenin'

:panic: We'll have a new album in the fall, a single in september and it'll be Danger Mouse producing, NOT Will I Am! :panic: Shit's happenin'

Was rooting for Danger Mouse, just becuase he's an actual guitar player :D
And you need to give your pacemaker a rest woman. Don't believe these rumours until that damn album is there!

Larry.... Do .. Not... Dissapoint..Me..

Suede, Bowie, u22 for me and yesterday U2 news and today this, whats tomorrow ?

The hat trick & Rick Astley album or new singles ??

:lol::D

Just got downloaded a bunch of new music on my Itunes account <3
Huuraah for Snow Patrol, Depeche, Muse and some various summery vibing or awesome other tracks to keep me calm until then.

this year is going to be amazing anyway.
New albums comming from Bowie, Hurts, DepecheMode,Yeahyeahyeahs,Airbourne Toxic Event, en now its looking like U2 joined the bandwagon!:love:

Now If the Prodigy and Snow Patrol could show their faces at Rock Werchter too I'll die.

Okay, confession time

I think I might be the only person not running around with wild excitement over a new album. Maybe it is because (sorry kids) I have bigger things looming in the future. A human life in the scheme of things....I will be moving, and so on. Also, when I got pregnant the one thing that bummed me out was I knew it severely cramped my touring schedule for the upcoming tour. I had big, big plans and now...not so much. And before people start offering unsolicited advice, a new baby means more money marching out the door. The U2 kitty is now higher rent, daycare and diapers. Plus, leaving 2 kids instead of one at home. So, I guess I'm feeling resigned to this news. As it gets closer and less of a dream, (and hopefully kickass music) I'll feel more excitement about the whole thing.

Your not the only one. :wave: I kind of feel the same.
I have better things to do, than go all crazy right now.
But that's a part of pessimistic me, combined with other things going on in my life.
(landing my first fulltime job, trying to get my drivers license, trying to move out of my parents house)
I admire your honesty. I wouldn't have posted this if you didn't.

You are a champ for thinking about you and your kid > U2.

Told GG a while ago that I was happy seeing U2360 still on their good nights, Bono with a good voice, and the boys not falling apart (completely)
I'm afraid that age might be getting to them, and Bono's voice isn't getting any better by the day. So rather than seeing them wear of slowly next tour, I might just call it a day here,
buy the new album and be happy with that, and seeing U2 when they where 1000% awesome.

Or... Maybe the new album will be so amazing to convince me otherwise.
We'll see.

Domo, yes...I wonder if 360 was just a magical time and place and we are all surfing that high. I am never this active on U2 boards between albums. This time, I met some great people through 360 and that has kept me here.

If this news was last year, I think I'd feel different.

But you'll never know now. We can only wait and see if the new album lurks us in again. It might, it might not. I hope it does, becuase the feeling is great.

But now I'm just distracted by things happening in my life , just as you are,
and other music inspiring me as well to take new steps. (which U2 did for me a long long time, and still does)

I'm sounding fucking dramatic right now. But you know the feeling I guess. :up:

Okay, confession time

I think I might be the only person not running around with wild excitement over a new album. Maybe it is because (sorry kids) I have bigger things looming in the future. A human life in the scheme of things....I will be moving, and so on. Also, when I got pregnant the one thing that bummed me out was I knew it severely cramped my touring schedule for the upcoming tour. I had big, big plans and now...not so much. And before people start offering unsolicited advice, a new baby means more money marching out the door. The U2 kitty is now higher rent, daycare and diapers. Plus, leaving 2 kids instead of one at home. So, I guess I'm feeling resigned to this news. As it gets closer and less of a dream, (and hopefully kickass music) I'll feel more excitement about the whole thing.

I was like that before 360. I did the whole crazy travel thing for Vertigo. But after that all ended I realized I was incredibly miserable with my job and my group of friends. It was time to change everything so that's when I decided to go to culinary school. I remember sitting in my apartment, right before I had to pack it up to move back in with my parents, questioning if I was doing the right decision by giving up a good paying job, moving home, and going to school again full time.....but it wasn't because I was scared I was making a bad decision about my future. It was because I KNEW the next time U2 went on tour I wouldn't be able to do what I had done during the Vertigo tour. I was totally right. I barely got to see them twice that tour. Everyone else around here seemed to be able to pick back up and go out there again but I had other things happening because of my new life. I remember being so depressed at the idea of a new album while I was in school because I knew I wasn't going to be able to see them live. It sucked seeing everyone make new friends, travel, and see the band while I wasn't able to do so. I know next time around I'll be able to see them live a few more times than I did the last. I'll never be able to match the Vertigo tour with U2 or any other band for that matter but that's ok because I don't think I'd want to.

But I'd say you have a pretty darn good reason for not being able to see them a lot next time around. Honestly I'd love to be in your position....

Back
Top Bottom