PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
Why hello there ladies!
I just so happened to come a wandering through these idyllic blue fields at the midnight hour only to discover that the Pleba Girls Party was closed. Locked! Chained and lonely. My horror, I cannot describe it!
This hallowed cove of unspeakably wonderful things, this party - it never ends!....well, except when we all act like proper adults and do silly things like go to bed. But pft, when does that happen?

No worries though, yo problem, I fixed it.

Enjoy the new thread, I hope it meets your standards. My apologies for the lack of pic spam. I'm sure someone shall be able to help with that post haste. ;)

To all my ladies (you know who you are :heart:), I hope you all are doing well. :hug:s!!!

Luv ya loads,
~BS~

Thanks for the new thread BS. :wave: :flirt:

Here's the pics!

bonomugmoonalice.jpg

BonoLiberationFrance9-20-2010.jpg

BonoAfricaMay2006passport.jpg

BonofrenchQA10-201114.jpg

QAwards10-24-201143thud.jpg

BonoshadeslessQ10-2011.jpg

TIFFFTSDPressToronto9-9-2011Bono.jpg

BonoLAEdunBeverlyHillsCAscarf3-2012.png

bonohappymontreal3602011.jpg

Bono.jpg

:shocked: BRI started a new thread? Holy crap, welcome back! :love:

:crack: And yeah, it's indeed a stye. Let my mother check it out, and there's nothing I can do about it but to keep it clean with a hot cotton pad. I have to work in less than an hour. This is not going to be a good day.

Bri started a thread? :faint:

The myth that Bri no longer posts here: BUSTED! :wink: (It had to be said, we both saw Mythbusters: Behind The Myths on Thursday night - she was at the matinee, I was at the evening *g*)

Last night was my husbands birthday. The night was going well until the hot water heater died on us. Blargh.

Aw congrats. Well, if the hot water dies.. you'll have to find another way to get warm eh? :shifty:

Ha. I won the battle vs work. They already gave me that letter saying I will get 10 hours a week minimum, zo I gave them a new availability and the big boss signed it. I'll get another letter officially stating I'll get 10 hours a week. Score.

I'm feeding my shrimp a slice of cucumber. They apparently like it a lot! lol, suddenly four shrimp have come out of hiding to eat. So cute!

Good for you, GG! :up: Your country must have awesome labour laws. I'm pretty sure that here, part time employee's hours can be cut at any time, with no reason.

Thora, so sorry about your situation. :hug: I hope you get some answers Monday.

Bri! :love: (not that you'll see this, you'll probably disappear for another 6 months or so. :wink: ) I'll reply to your PM when I have more than three minutes, sigh.

Grace, sorry about your water heater. I hope you're able to get it fixed over the weekend.

My sister called me at work near the end of the day yesterday. The night before, at 9:30, she got a call from my mom's retirement home saying that my mom fell in the shower. They checked her over well and nothing seemed to be broken, but she fell against something on her back, kind of back where the ribcage extends, so she's very lucky she didn't break a rib, or worse. I was scrambling to get shit done so I could leave on time and start the weekend, and then that. I was very upset obviously, but I was also pissed that my sister didn't let me know before. She said she was afraid I might be in bed the evening she found out (I could probably count the number of times I've gone to bed that early in the past year on one hand, I'm usually up till 11 - 11:30), and she didn't want to call me during the workday and worry me. I'm sure she had good intentions, but she doesn't get to make those decisions for me. If something happens, I want to know, period. Then I can deal with it however I choose.

I left work and went to see my mom. By then, they were in the dining room for dinner, and so I stood and talked to her for 10 or 15 minutes, discreetly lifted up the back of her shirt and saw the bruise (it's awful :( ), then I was just getting in the way, so I left. I guess she didn't get much sleep the night before, because they were in and out all night checking on her. My sister spent yesterday afternoon with her, and said all she wanted to do was sleep, because of being kept up all night. She's really sore, but has been going down for her meals, the staff have been helping her back and forth from her room. She would, even if she was in agony, just to prove she can - she's stubborn like that. :) I'm going to spend the afternoon with her.

After the fact, I felt bad for kind of giving my sister shit for not telling me - she was really upset herself and told me she cried all the way home yesterday afternoon. And she's had a busy, stressful week, is exhausted, and she's not well herself (health issues). She was only doing what she thought was best, but still. We've talked several times since then though, and everything's fine.

Clash reference in the new thread? Katie approves.

I managed to dream creepy dreams about The Hunger Games without actually having read/watched it...

New water heater installed and we have hot water! We can get clean!

Sorry about your mom, VP. We had a scare with my husband's mom last week. It sucks to feel powerless when it comes to your parents. I hope she is doing better. :hug:

Grace, I saw that, and I'm so sorry I forgot to comment, or send my best wishes. How is she now? Any updates? :hug: It must doubly suck when you have distance factored in.

Very often I catch up here and there when I have a few minutes, but no time to post myself, and I read stuff and think "I'll comment on that when I have more time," and then because I have a mind like a sieve, I forget. :reject: But I do send my mental good vibes for you all, at the time!

It's hard if the board is active overnight. I think people do respond to me, and I miss it because it is buried in multi-quotes.

She is MUCh better, thanks. She had a blockage in the artery leading to her kidney. They put a stent in and have her on blood thinners. Luckily, it had nothing to do with her heart. She needs to lose weight, so when we visit....she and I will take lots of walks. :D

Oh wow, that's good news! Health issues suck donkey balls, but sometimes it's a good thing when minor issues serve as a warning to get your shit together before they develop into something more serious.

Are you close to her?

Just reading about the Junos (Canada's Grammys) this weekend, and that Deadmau5 is going to be there. I've heard the name a lot, but don't know anything by him, so I listened to a few songs. Wow. Electronica is just not my thing, I guess. I do like some of it when it veers into trip-hop or ambient music. But not this. I had to listen to Glory Box by Portishead after, to cleanse my musical palate.

Gotta get ready to go see my mom, have a good day, everyone. :wave:

Sorry about your mom, VP. We had a scare with my husband's mom last week. It sucks to feel powerless when it comes to your parents. I hope she is doing better. :hug:

Have you been getting dirty then? :wink:

Ouch that sucks about your mom VP, glad she's not injured too much. Can understand that you aren't too happy not being notified earlier, but at least your sister thought it was for the best.

Ha. I won the battle vs work. They already gave me that letter saying I will get 10 hours a week minimum, zo I gave them a new availability and the big boss signed it. I'll get another letter officially stating I'll get 10 hours a week. Score.

I'm feeding my shrimp a slice of cucumber. They apparently like it a lot! lol, suddenly four shrimp have come out of hiding to eat. So cute!

Excellent! :up:

And shrimp like cucumber?! :lol: Did you cut it up into small pieces or did they just have at a regular sized slice?

Thora, so sorry about your situation. :hug: I hope you get some answers Monday.

Thanks. :hug: I know I didn't do anything wrong, so there's obviously something weird going on with that company. :shrug: Whatever. I'm pretty much over it. Onto the next thing. Which will hopefully be a PERMANENT, non-temp position. I like getting paid, but I don't like all this uncertainty. For my mental and physical health, I need my life to be stable. It's just too damn stressful.

Sorry about the stuff with your mom, but hope you guys have a good day together. :hug:

I woke up fairly early this morning, and decided to just go out and do my errands and stuff right away. I got everything done and was home shortly after 10am. :hi5: I feel like a motherfucking adult! :D The laundry's in, so that's all that I have to think about for the rest of the day. I just downloaded book 2 in the Hunger Games series, so I'll probably hooked on that for the rest of the day. :D

Have you been getting dirty then? :wink:

Ouch that sucks about your mom VP, glad she's not injured too much. Can understand that you aren't too happy not being notified earlier, but at least your sister thought it was for the best.

:lol:

Dude, where is your head? You're like a teenage boy. :lol:

I did go to the gym so yes, I was dirty.

And it WAS his birthday

Just a regular slice, cut the inside out because that'll rot faster. They just nibble on the big slice and get bits off with their tiny paws. :D Apparently shrimp love lots of vegetables, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, spinach.. I'm going to experiment.

Weird that your job was suddenly pulled. :huh: That's pretty nasty so suddenly.

OMG. This is the greatest thing ever. :cute:

Penguin Cam: Watch it Live at Discovery.com

Oooh. Totally bookmarking that. I had the Lobster Cam bookmarked for ages and ages because of PGP. :lol:

Last night was my husbands birthday. The night was going well until the hot water heater died on us. Blargh.
A) Yesterday was my stepdad's birthday as well!
B) I have one better: two years ago on our anniversary, Mr CK and I managed to get my mom to babysit Lil' CK overnight so we could have a romantic dinner at home. After our lovely dinner & a movie, we were getting ready for bed *cough* when the DAMN PLUMBING BACKED UP IN THE BATHROOM. To the point where the toilet wasn't even flushable. Nothing says "romance" like having to call your landlord to fix the plumbing at 10pm. :doh:

Why hello there ladies!
I just so happened to come a wandering through these idyllic blue fields at the midnight hour only to discover that the Pleba Girls Party was closed. Locked! Chained and lonely. My horror, I cannot describe it!
This hallowed cove of unspeakably wonderful things, this party - it never ends!....well, except when we all act like proper adults and do silly things like go to bed. But pft, when does that happen?

No worries though, yo problem, I fixed it.

Enjoy the new thread, I hope it meets your standards. My apologies for the lack of pic spam. I'm sure someone shall be able to help with that post haste. ;)

To all my ladies (you know who you are :heart:), I hope you all are doing well. :hug:s!!!

Luv ya loads,
~BS~

:ohmy:

aaaww I missed a Bri-sighting! :(

don't forget to do a U2 or other subjects little water coloring now & then, girl! :wave::hug:ssss

hope you R well!!! :)

Gotta get ready to go see my mom, have a good day, everyone. :wave:

ugh..... scary stuff!!! :(
thank goodness nothing worse happened!
Big :hug: sssssss VP, sara, her sis & of course her mom !

---------------------------

ah Grace I never did find out the final diagnosis on your MIL-- knew there was the kidney (then, cause not known) problem - blocked artery well thank the powers it was a kidney not a lung - i think that is worse. NOT THAT this was easy by ANY means! :hug:

New walking sneakers for her!!!

-----------------------------

oh thora that's a real drag!!! But as you say hopefully the road is clear now for the foodie job!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

GG, eesh, fun, fun. Hope the stye heals up soon :hug:.

It's hard if the board is active overnight. I think people do respond to me, and I miss it because it is buried in multi-quotes.

She is MUCh better, thanks. She had a blockage in the artery leading to her kidney. They put a stent in and have her on blood thinners. Luckily, it had nothing to do with her heart. She needs to lose weight, so when we visit....she and I will take lots of walks. :D

Good idea :). Glad she's doing well.

Woohoo :D!

It sucks to feel powerless when it comes to your parents.

Quoted for truth.

VP, yikes, what a scary situation. I too fully understand your being irritated, but in the grand scheme of things, yeah, any of that sort of stuff can be forgiven-it's a tough situation to deal with and you don't want to freak people out more than is necessary. I'm glad you're getting the chance to spend time with your mom, and I hope she heals up very soon :hug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom