PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: which Much Music you mean GG ? Beyond the Zoo 1992 on Canada Much Music or Elevation 2001 one or 1987 one ??:hmm:

:confused: which Much Music you mean GG ? Beyond the Zoo 1992 on Canada Much Music or Elevation 2001 one or 1987 one ??:hmm:

U2 does much, 2001.

It's been taken off U2torrents, and on youtube only shitty quality parts were found... we had a good quality avi file, but I lost it after a crash and apparently hadn't backed it up! :doh:

The one I have is a little better quality. It has the hour preshow showing them walking to the stage and coming off the stage - then the entire interview. I think it's a little under 3GB. Where I can upload it?

WTF?! :lol:

Just talked with the temp agency, and all is good. It was nothing to do with me at all, so that's a huge relief. I knew it wasn't, but it was nice to have that affirmation for certain. So now I can feel free to book the swanky hotel room. Woot woot!

A prior temp who had done that position became available, and let the company know. They decided to go with that person, as they wouldn't need any training and it would take another week plus for me to fully learn the position. :shrug: Oh well, whatever. It makes sense for them, so I can understand. Easier to re-hire someone who's done the job before, since they could just jump right in easily. C'est la vie. :)

Yes, but they could have told you that right away and saved you the wondering about what happened!

Now book that room! :wink:

They could have. I worried about it for a little bit on Friday, but then I decided it wasn't worth the worry and stress and ruining my weekend, so I promptly put it out of my mind until I went to bed last night. :)

Yes ma'am! :yes: *gets out credit card*

just got home from work, gave the kitty some Greenie treats which are located in my bathroom drawer, came back into the bathroom 5 minutes later to see Greenie goo all over my bathroom rug. WTF little dude. He must have inhaled them too quickly and barfed them up. I guess the silver lining here was at least it was on the rug that I could pick right up and throw into the washer. :|

Oh, that sucks, arw. :(

Hotel room is booked! :D I'm excited!! :lol:

thanks...I think he just ate them too fast, nothing to worry about but still really yucky. He's currently in the family room window stalking the geese that are in our backyard pond. That's new for us this year. The geese not the stalking from the window. He loves the ducks that live in the pond but I'm not so sure he's thrilled with this new creature. He looks a little scared but he's an indoor only cat so he'll get over it.

and :hyper: yay about the hotel room! :drool:

thanks...I think he just ate them too fast, nothing to worry about but still really yucky. He's currently in the family room window stalking the geese that are in our backyard pond. That's new for us this year. The geese not the stalking from the window. He loves the ducks that live in the pond but I'm not so sure he's thrilled with this new creature. He looks a little scared but he's an indoor only cat so he'll get over it.

and :hyper: yay about the hotel room! :drool:

That's good that it's probably nothing serious. Still, puke is always gross to clean up. :lol:

I'm hoping I'll be able to finagle my way into a free room upgrade or some other fun treats. :lol: It was like $20 extra to get a room facing the water/mountains, but I decided not to go for that. I put in my reservation that it was my birthday, and will try to finagle for whatever I can get when I check in. Hee hee. I've already got a ton of food freebies lined up for tomorrow that I can take advantage of, so I won't have to pay for anything. It's going to be a GOOD day!! :love:

That's good that it's probably nothing serious. Still, puke is always gross to clean up. :lol:

I'm hoping I'll be able to finagle my way into a free room upgrade or some other fun treats. :lol: It was like $20 extra to get a room facing the water/mountains, but I decided not to go for that. I put in my reservation that it was my birthday, and will try to finagle for whatever I can get when I check in. Hee hee. I've already got a ton of food freebies lined up for tomorrow that I can take advantage of, so I won't have to pay for anything. It's going to be a GOOD day!! :love:

if it's a higher end hotel they'll usually have room service send something up if they know it's a special occasion. Sounds like a fun day :)

if it's a higher end hotel they'll usually have room service send something up if they know it's a special occasion. Sounds like a fun day :)

It's one of the best/fanciest hotels downtown, so I'm hoping they'll do something nice for me. :)

Watching Glastonbury, who do I see in the very front row? GA Vik!!! I was like, that dude looks familiar.

I need to watch that again. Maybe I'll do that for the rest of the morning. :)

Watching Glastonbury, who do I see in the very front row? GA Vik!!! I was like, that dude looks familiar.

Vik :love:
We had a lovely chat in Montreal. And a HILARIOUS encounter in Vegas in '09

Check Adam's side. :shifty: Someone else should look familiar there. Wearing a red bandana if I recall correctly.

Jem :love: I've looked for her but haven't seen her.

Wait, Thora, do you not have the job that you thought you were going to have then? Not sure what I missed.

Haha, hey join the club, I'm the same way with stuff I love. When I get into a show or a band or whatnot, I really study up on them. My dad used to joke that we could be talking about the weather and I could somehow tie it back to some show or actor or band I liked (and...um...he was right :reject:).
:lol:

I seem to recall watching a cartoon version of that show a bit here and there when I was younger. I don't know if it was the good or bad version you refer to, though. It's kinda depressing when people take childhood loves and mess with them so badly. Ah, well.
Well, both cartoons are awesome; it's just that after Raul Julia died (Gomez from the movies), they tried to carry on with live-action stuff, and it just wasn't right. He was perfect in that role, and everyone else they tried to put in his place was just horrible. :reject:

I was so obsessed with that show when I was a kid. I wanted my own ghost friend so badly, LOL. I've gotten pretty good at drawing the Lydia character. Haven't tried drawing Beetlejuice in some time, whenever I tried to draw him when I was a kid he always turned out looking like some purple-skinned woman with crazy hair in jail clothes.
:lol:

I always like the cartoon better than the movie, but the movie was awesome too.

Hehehe, I can imagine.

I do tend to like dark humor, so hey, I approve :up:.
Dark humor is fun. :D

It matters not what is happening with the hair, just the fact that there is so much of it still...yay!
Yeah, you want a handful of that!

This is proof that Bono is probably the only man on the planet who wouldn't falter on the "does this dress make me look fat" question, because he literally ALWAYS has something nice to say, in a way that makes you believe he is totally sincere. He is enthusiastically diplomatic.
This, 100%.

Ugh. Meeting with stupid people is annoying.:crack: I can't stand some..
:hug:

just got home from work, gave the kitty some Greenie treats which are located in my bathroom drawer, came back into the bathroom 5 minutes later to see Greenie goo all over my bathroom rug. WTF little dude. He must have inhaled them too quickly and barfed them up. I guess the silver lining here was at least it was on the rug that I could pick right up and throw into the washer. :|
Aw, poor kitty.

anyone need or want an annoying woodpecker ?
that knocking sound is driving me nuts :crazy:
I has one, thanks. It lands on my porch and yells at the cats. :lol:

Vik :love:

Wait, Thora, do you not have the job that you thought you were going to have then? Not sure what I missed.

I had it for 3 days, and then it ended on Friday. One of their former temps contacted them to say she was available, so they dumped me for her, since they obviously wouldn't have to spend time training her. With temps you can just let them go with absolutely no warning. So now I'm unemployed again. :lol: :rolleyes: Yay. :happy: But at least it frees me up to go downtown tomorrow, and go to the taping of George's show on Wednesday. So there are some positives to the whole situation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom