PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent way too long doodling in sketchbook...time for sleep!

Ergh, YES! I feel so left out sometimes because everyone's able to drop money left and right for concerts on a regular basis or they live in areas where all the cool, good artists come through regularly and there's festivals and such they get to see that I can't 'cause they're too far away. I sympathize with you, Katie :hug:. I hope you do get a chance to see an artist you love someday.

As for your schoolwork coming up...ummmmmm...have fun? Wow. That's a lot, but I've no doubt you'll do just fine with it :)

I already have. Two of them, precisely :D (U2 and Joan Jett, both of whom I plan to see more of)

Haha, that's a pretty good summary....

Katie, this place is evil. It makes you think that EVERYONE is out there having more fun and seeing WAY more concerts that you. I didn't start spending stupid amounts of money on traveling to concerts until I was 35. In college I was in San Francisco so I just went to clubs to see smaller or local bands.

:hug:

*is somewhat relieved* I've been hearing too much of [random example]when I saw the Sex Pistols back in 76 draw their bodies not their faces dammit...when I saw Joy Division live...when I saw ColdplAirborneToxiClashuaTreeOrder live from people older than me

I'm likely going to be your average starving artist even at that point though. Oh wells.

comet, when is the 360 Vegas meet-up?

Some time in July. :hmm: I'd have to get up and go look at a calendar to remember the dates. :reject: and I have ice cream. So it will be a few minutes. :shifty:

Thanks! :D

I would really love to go to Vegas again someday, since it's so easy to do on the cheap. I wasn't really interested in going to the meet up, but I was hoping to plan a trip somewhere this year. I got a really good tax return and was thinking about spending that money on a trip to PEI, but I've decided to be a motherfucking adult and use it to pay all the bills instead. Since there's no guarantee that I'll be getting this food writing job, the responsible thing to do is to use the return to pay for rent and all that. :sigh: Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes. :lol:

I thought the meet up might be fun just to see some of the U2 fans I met last year again, and actually any excuse to go to Vegas is good for me. :wink: Being a motherfucking adult does suck sometimes, but at least it's a little easier to be one during U2's off-tour years. :hmm:

I thought the meet up might be fun just to see some of the U2 fans I met last year again, and actually any excuse to go to Vegas is good for me. :wink: Being a motherfucking adult does suck sometimes, but at least it's a little easier to be one during U2's off-tour years. :hmm:

I'm definitely going to get to Vegas again sometime. :up: I had such a great time there, but I'd love to see more of the hotels and actually EAT. :lol: I think we had about 2 full meals the entire time we were there. :tsk: I'd saved up for ages, and we'd planned to go to all these awesome restaurants, but it didn't end up working out. :lol: Next time!!

I wish I could be carefree and irresponsible, but alas. :wink:

I'm definitely going to get to Vegas again sometime. :up: I had such a great time there, but I'd love to see more of the hotels and actually EAT. :lol: I think we had about 2 full meals the entire time we were there. :tsk: I'd saved up for ages, and we'd planned to go to all these awesome restaurants, but it didn't end up working out. :lol: Next time!!

I wish I could be carefree and irresponsible, but alas. :wink:

There are definitely some good places to eat there, some of the buffets are amazing! But there are also some scary ones. Trouble is I don't really know which ones they are! I think my brother would know. (Who has lived there and still lives nearby) I'll be going for a weekend in May, so hopefully we'll try some good stuff. :hmm:

Going through some pic folders for my leather day thread and came across this one I'd forgotton about.

smileyedgenbonoAnaheim6-18-2011cpenyak.jpg

:cute:

There are definitely some good places to eat there, some of the buffets are amazing! But there are also some scary ones. Trouble is I don't really know which ones they are! I think my brother would know. (Who has lived there and still lives nearby) I'll be going for a weekend in May, so hopefully we'll try some good stuff. :hmm:

Oh, for sure! I can definitely recommend the Champagne Brunch buffet at the Bellagio. :drool: :combust: Oh my god that was fabulous!! It was the only buffet we went to, and it was the day after the concert, so we were desperately in need of sustenance. :lol: I still have dreams about the food there. :wink: My champagne glass was never empty, and I got SO drunk that morning. Hee hee.

Yelp is a good resource for seeing lots of reviews on restaurants (and pretty much everything else). It's not always 100% reliable, but it's helped me before.

Oh, for sure! I can definitely recommend the Champagne Brunch buffet at the Bellagio. :drool: :combust: Oh my god that was fabulous!! It was the only buffet we went to, and it was the day after the concert, so we were desperately in need of sustenance. :lol: I still have dreams about the food there. :wink: My champagne glass was never empty, and I got SO drunk that morning. Hee hee.

Yelp is a good resource for seeing lots of reviews on restaurants (and pretty much everything else). It's not always 100% reliable, but it's helped me before.

:ohmy: Ok. I'm gonna make that my #1 suggestion then this May, thanks!! :drool:

This thread is done. Were there any name suggestions for the next one. I wasn't around as much in this one so I may have missed if there was a new one chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom