PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we used to work together at a hotel together and she was always getting sent to HR for her mouth. Mainly swearing and inappropriate sex comments. Our supervisor, who I dearly love and miss and I regard as the one person in my industry that taught me the most out of anyone, happens to be black. This girl always treated our supervisor like she didn't know anything and refused to listen to her but the racist girl's work looked like it came straight out of a grocery store so our head chef never gave her any big projects to do. He told it is because she had a poor attitude, not because her work sucked. You'd think if you went to your boss weekly and asked to the wedding cake for the weekend and you were told to keep your attitude positive you'd try to change. But she never did. Instead she would go to our boss and complain about our supervisor, who makes the most amazing wedding cakes I've ever seen, just because she was black.

My former supervisor just had her first baby 2 weeks ago. She slammed this girl on her FB page and said she wanted to ignore it to focus on the joy of her new son but she had couldn't let stupid get away with those comments. Unfortunately the racist girl just deleted the comments.

Did you see the story about the reactions from kids about the characters from Hunger Games? They were described as 'dark skinned'. But there were racist tweets from kids talking about the 'black characters'. And characters that they loved - once they found out the color of the skin, they didn't care what happened to them.

This aired on our national Weather Network this morning. It's the school I went to, and the one Sarah is at now. I :heart: the geese there, they stay year round, but they can be nasty bastards, especially now, during nesting season.

Cold angers geese on campus - The Weather Network

:lol: Nice.

At the university I went to, there were always geese roaming around the campus year round, and they'd get pretty vicious too. But you couldn't ever do anything because the damn animals are protected. :angry: :lol:

anyways....:reject: sorry, don't want to turn this into FYM. I just had to get that out. I'm still nauseous over her comments.

No, don't apologize! We have conversations like this from time to time - it's totally fine. You had to vent, and we all have to do that on occasion.

:lol: Nice.

At the university I went to, there were always geese roaming around the campus year round, and they'd get pretty vicious too. But you couldn't ever do anything because the damn animals are protected. :angry: :lol:

People on the UW campus have a love-hate relationship with them. :lol: They've literally had to block off entrances to buildings before, during nesting season, if they build a nest and lay eggs too close to a building. And there are signs posted around campus that they WILL attack. I love it. :lol:

Ah, yeah, I remember seeing "Green Acres" and "Beverly Hillbillies" a lot as a kid, too. Don't remember watching "The Addams Family" as much, my parents were more into "The Munsters" :p. But I'm certainly familiar with the show.

I always liked that the little girl on "Addams Family" was named Wednesday. Wonder why they went with that?
The Munsters! :love:

I have no idea why they named her that, but I do kno w in the original comic strips, none of the characters had names.

Girl I Met at a Party Yesterday: I saw U2 once.
Me: Cool - which tour?
GIMAAPY: In the 80s. He had a broken arm.
Me: <inside, to myself: It wasn't a goddamn broken arm! It was ligaments torn off the clavicle!> The Joshua Tree Tour! That's so awesome!
GIMAAPY: So you want a jello shot, girl?
Me: YES! <damn, why do I know Bono's medical history, but can't pass a math class?>
:lol:

I hate her and hope she spent the night with her head in a toilet from too many jello shot.
:lol:

her last comment make me sick to my stomach. It was something along the lines of "who cares if this kid is dead....just one more rotten N (she used the whole word) off the streets..." :barf: I immediately clicked the unfriend button and then went to her husband's page and did the same.
:yuck:

People like that make me sick and uncomfortable.

People on the UW campus have a love-hate relationship with them. :lol: They've literally had to block off entrances to buildings before during nesting season, if they build a nest and lay eggs too close to a building. And there are signs posted around campus that they WILL attack. I love it. :lol:
Aggressive geese? :lol:

Kittens Banned From YouTube
Can you imagine a world without kitty videos on YouTube? I can't.

But by 2015, that's the world we will be forced to live in. YouTube has announced that it will be banning kitten videos by 2015. No more surprised kitty. No more keyboard cat. Whole generations will be denied the joy of kittens chasing laser beams or cats getting their heads stuck in boxes.

Will you speak out for the kitties?

Click me!

Happy April Fools Day! :lol:

:reject:

Aggressive geese? :lol:

Geese are badass! And oh, so delicious.

What's wrong with the current generation of "young people"? They seem hatier than the hateful kids I went to school with, and they were nasty ass. Then again, my peers are the parents of the current crop of kids.

Geese are badass! And oh, so delicious.

What's wrong with the current generation of "young people"? They seem hatier than the hateful kids I went to school with, and they were nasty ass. Then again, my peers are the parents of the current crop of kids.

Delicious? :yuck: But, definitely badass. And pretty. :love:

Nurture vs Nature, my friend. They are nastier.

I have to bake today for my mom's book club meeting this week. I think I'm on pastry overload right now so I can't think of anything to make. :hmm:

we used to work together at a hotel together and she was always getting sent to HR for her mouth. Mainly swearing and inappropriate sex comments. Our supervisor, who I dearly love and miss and I regard as the one person in my industry that taught me the most out of anyone, happens to be black. This girl always treated our supervisor like she didn't know anything and refused to listen to her but the racist girl's work looked like it came straight out of a grocery store so our head chef never gave her any big projects to do. He told it is because she had a poor attitude, not because her work sucked. You'd think if you went to your boss weekly and asked to the wedding cake for the weekend and you were told to keep your attitude positive you'd try to change. But she never did. Instead she would go to our boss and complain about our supervisor, who makes the most amazing wedding cakes I've ever seen, just because she was black.

My former supervisor just had her first baby 2 weeks ago. She slammed this girl on her FB page and said she wanted to ignore it to focus on the joy of her new son but she had couldn't let stupid get away with those comments. Unfortunately the racist girl just deleted the comments.

God that sounds like a horrible woman. :huh:

Hahahahaha :coocoo::shh:

ItnOO.jpg

So I was on the waitlist for tickets for my boyfriend George's show here next week, and I just got an email saying that I have tickets! :up: It's for a taping on Wednesday morning, which is a bit frustrating, since I'm planning to be downtown until late at night on Tuesday. It's gonna suck to have to get up early the next morning to go back there, but it will be worth it. :lol:

Or, now that I'm thinking of it, I'm contemplating splurging and spending the night at a nice hotel. :hmm: It would be SUCH a nice treat. To spend potential gift money on that, or on a waterproof jacket and other running stuff I need... :lol: I probably shouldn't. But oh man am I ever tempted!

Just googled - the real sign said "I wish I only got two minutes for hooking." :ohmy: :laugh:

I'm 95% convinced that splurging for a nice hotel would be a good use of my money. :lol:

her last comment make me sick to my stomach. It was something along the lines of "who cares if this kid is dead....just one more rotten N (she used the whole word) off the streets..." :barf: I immediately clicked the unfriend button and then went to her husband's page and did the same.

CLASSY. Between this and your other post about her general attitude she sounds like a fucking moron. I'd distance myself, too, if I were in your shoes. Sorry you had to deal with that nastiness.

Yeah, that whole story is just insane. The way some people are reacting to it is insane, too. My mom's told me about some people at work who are bitching because "they're playing the race card" and the media's trying to make everyone turn against the Zimmerman guy and everything. Cry me a river, whiners :rolleyes:. His family still gets to see him each day (until he goes to jail, if he ever does, and even then they can still visit him). Trayvon's, on the other hand...

/end rant

My Vertigo hoodie got swiped from the gym. I haz major sadness. :sad::angry::sad::angry:

VP and everyone who was talking about Elton John, I sing my favorite song to Grace each night - 'Tiny Dancer'. Now she's singing (rather well actually) 'Tiny Dancer' this morning.

Also, I was working as a banquet waitress and the head of a Swedish company had a birthday party at our hotel/convention center. He is SO rich that the King of Sweden attended and Stevie Wonder and Elton John performed. We were setting up the tables when Elton was practicing.

That totally sucks that someone took your hoodie. What is it with some people, I swear to god...? Hopefully you can manage to get it back somehow.

WOW. That is one hell of an impressive party to cater! Lucky you! Great musicians performing live would surely help MY work day perk up quite a bit!

The Munsters! :love:

I have no idea why they named her that, but I do kno w in the original comic strips, none of the characters had names.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I didn't even know the show was based off a comic strip. That's interesting.

Yeah, "The Munsters" was cool, too. Our parents' generation really did have some awesome entertainment :up:.

LOL at aggressive geese. Yeah, some animals just get easily rubbed the wrong way. Poor things.

XeTxq.jpg

H0fUC.jpg

movie time

:drool: :combust:

Oh, yeah, baby *Wiggles eyebrows*.

Woo for movie time! What are you going to watch?

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I didn't even know the show was based off a comic strip. That's interesting.

Yeah, "The Munsters" was cool, too. Our parents' generation really did have some awesome entertainment :up:.

:yes: Charles Addams (the creator) didn't name them until the series was being developed.

In the original series, the grandma was actually Morticia's mother, not Gomez's, and Fester was her brother. And, according to Wikipedia, he chose Wednesday for girl because of that old saying "Wednesday's child is full of woe." :lol:

[/useless information] :nerd: :reject:

I always enjoyed both shows. The characters were so cool!

Okay, so I'm watching the American Country Music Awards (don't you judge me) because of my growing crush on Blake Shelton (thanks Voice). They are talking about what's coming up next and words I never thought I'd hear "coming up...Bono..." and I look up to see, yes, Bono (looking like he rolled out of bed) in something that was taped. And I thought....

Holy shit....he knows I was cheating!

Bono on a country awards show?! :lol: What was he talking about?

I'm about to press "confirm reservation" and book myself a swanky hotel room for Tuesday night. :uhoh: :lol: I know I deserve this, and I'll be able to afford it because of my awesome tax return, but I always second guess myself when it comes to spending a load of money like this. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom