PGP: How to recover from the BonoMono? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Aw - all I want is you, Amy
j/k - all I want is Larry... and some chocolate... and for that job I'm applying for to pay $10,000 more than it does...

Oh, and I don't know how many of you are in that reunion group on fb, but I just spent the last 10 minutes reading the funniest argument on there. God, people amaze me.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Yeah I'm in that group. What was the argument about? I don't bother to read that page.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

I just went on to see if any decision had been made about where and when (don't know why it would, this early) and there was an argument about tribute bands. Someone said they're sad and called this girl pathetic or something for seeing the same tribute band 180 times (not an exaggeration). The girl is NOT one to back down from an argument (I've had one with her before) and the two of them went OFF - last I checked there were 144 posts in the conversation.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
I just went on to see if any decision had been made about where and when (don't know why it would, this early) and there was an argument about tribute bands. Someone said they're sad and called this girl pathetic or something for seeing the same tribute band 180 times (not an exaggeration). The girl is NOT one to back down from an argument (I've had one with her before) and the two of them went OFF - last I checked there were 144 posts in the conversation.
I was talking about that earlier. Are they still at it?

ETA - we need to start the Best Bono hair argument.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
I had to go check this out.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I need to disable the emails from that group. They're blowing up my inbox and driving me crazy. And it's all convo from people I hardly know.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Um, I added fuel to the fire with this gem....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Quote:
Wow

Some people

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretly alone View Post

I need to disable the emails from that group. They're blowing up my inbox and driving me crazy. And it's all convo from people I hardly know.

I did that and I'm still getting emails for some reason.

How's you today?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretly alone View Post

Do you know how to do that? Just remove notifications from THAT group? I agree - that little red flag gets me all excited then I realize it's nothing I care about
Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I unsubscribed from emails, set the notifications to "only threads I'm subscribed to" and then clicked unsubscribe from all the ones I'd commented on, so now it is blissful silence.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
Um, I added fuel to the fire with this gem....
l]
Did you actually post it in that thread? If you did, I'm sending you a cupcake (although that particular version was hard to watch with the "dubbing" (or maybe it was just some guy talking on the phone in the background )
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of HOW you see a band 180+ times. Even if they played weekly, which is pretty unheard of, that's still like 3 and a half years of going EVERY week and never missing a show.

Even for the local bands that I never miss a show of, I don't think there are any I've seen more than *maybe* 30-40 times.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

You know that I did. It was the only one I could find of that scene. There used to be a better version, but you get the drift. I said 'tribute bands rule' and posted the link. Bring it bitches!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms The Edge View Post
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of HOW you see a band 180+ times. Even if they played weekly, which is pretty unheard of, that's still like 3 and a half years of going EVERY week and never missing a show.

Even for the local bands that I never miss a show of, I don't think there are any I've seen more than *maybe* 30-40 times.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms The Edge View Post

Yeah, there's loving U2....and then there is that. Do you listen to any other music??

There is a pretty decent cover/tribute/channeler band in Boston called Joshua Tree. What is cool is of the singer can sound a lot like Bono - you do sort of get to hear some stuff you many never hear live. I don't think I've gone out of my way to see them, but have been to some beer fests that they play.

Tags
bullies suck, ciao bono, happy birthday edge!, happy birthday gg!, mouth 2 mouth, shadeless is love, take 2 bonos in the morn, tossing spawn, tribute bandz