PGP: How to recover from the BonoMono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first show was at Joyce Center at Notre Dame University in Indiana, 10/01/01. My sis Patt and I both managed to score a pair of tickets to the show (very small arena). We kept the better pair (behind the stage), just about even with the stage, so close we could see Bono spit when he sang, and sold the other pair. We tried to get our brother and other sister to take them, but they didn't--and regretted it ever since! Amazing show--it was less than a month after 9/11, about a month after Bono's father died, and a couple of months after we lost our own mother, so it was very emotional. We sang, we danced, we hollered, we laughed, we cried--and saw our first live "Bad." :love: At the end of the show, Larry stripped his shirt off over his head as he was going down the stairs--if you ever hear a recording of the show, that's what all of the shrill feminine screams were about. :D

I know where that is... never been inside (the only concert to happen in the Joyce center in my 5 years of exile in Northern Indiana was stupid John Mellencamp). I have heard the U2 concert was epic, though.

ohhh shirtless sweaty 23 year old Bono :drool: :combust:
:combust:

First U2 show was actually the first of four shows in the space of a week, in Boston for Elevation in 2001. After that I was known at work as "the girl who is really, really into U2." Hmmm, actually, that's the case at my current job, too.

Even my mom acknowledges the U2 fan thing, and once said after seeing Bono on some talk show, "I can see why you like him." My mom is 80+ years old. :ohmy:

I've loved U2 since PopMart but didn't get a chance to see them when they played Boston that year, which I think was 1997.

:heart:,

Back
Top Bottom