PGP: How to recover from the BonoMono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay then. I'm off to wait on the Logan Airport tarmac. :wave:

I keep getting added to groups. I wish like a friend invitation you had the ability to accept or decline. I am not the proud member of "Bono Farted, I'm so excited' and 'I saw a 360 show, let's discuss in depth'. Whatever. I see that I have 24 notifications and start think, 'wow, I've said something clever...' Nope. Just people arguing which cover/tribute band is the best.

Oh, and Dazz....that's actually a quote from Almost Famous - one of the best movies about being a fan.

I need to delete myself from that meetup group, I'm so sick of the notifications! As much as I love the band, I do have a life, so the non-tour years will be spent on other things. ZOMG SHOCKING! ;) Still, it has been kind of amusing to watch the stupidity. "Hey! Let's go to South Florida in the middle of summer for a cruise during the beginning of hurricane season! That would RULE!" :doh:

I can hope. I will actually be driving an hour to go pick up a race packet for a race that I am totally not trained for on my actual birthday. Yay me!

I need to delete myself from that meetup group, I'm so sick of the notifications! As much as I love the band, I do have a life, so the non-tour years will be spent on other things. ZOMG SHOCKING! ;) Still, it has been kind of amusing to watch the stupidity. "Hey! Let's go to South Florida in the middle of summer for a cruise during the beginning of hurricane season! That would RULE!" :doh:

I did sort of enjoy the big tribute band fight. Crap, when we aren't fighting over spaces in a line, we're fighting over which cover band is better or the validity of cover bands in the first place. :applaud:

I did sort of enjoy the big tribute band fight. Crap, when we aren't fighting over spaces in a line, we're fighting over which cover band is better or the validity of cover bands in the first place. :applaud:

It has been kind of like reality tv, pointless but hard to totally ignore.

I just don't get the appeal it. Meetups like the one we did at the Irish pub pre-Montreal make total sense- you're all there anyway, might as well hang out and have some fun! Or if it were a PGP/Pleba meetup, I'd be all in, but I'd way rather spend my cash on an actual vacation than a meetup with people I don't know!

Speaking of which, I get to make a quick trip home to Orlando next month! :love: I'm making some of my Orlando friends come see the Elevation band with me, and then maybe bumming around Disney for a few days, visiting favorite local stuff that I miss (zomg, chips and salsa from Moe's!), etc. They're going to have to drag me back on the plane kicking and screaming! :lol:

:uhoh: Is it too late to cancel the race?

I already paid my fee. I'll be able to finish it, I just won't be breaking any records. It's a 7 mile race and I did 6.5 a few weeks ago. I think I'm just going to run and enjoy it and not be arsed about my time. It's a really fun race and a lot of people come out to run it. I think last year there were 11K runners. It's a lottery system because it's so popular. It's one of the biggest road races in the country that's not a 5K, 10K or half marathon. It's one of those 'odd' distances.

It's all good. I need to get my ass in gear. I have a half marathon in October. It's the last in a trilogy and I get a jacket for completing all three. I loves my free race gear.

I was just looking at my race day pick up confirmation and saw my age on race day. 40. Ugh, that was the first time it hit me.

How long to sing this song.....

I already paid my fee. I'll be able to finish it, I just won't be breaking any records. It's a 7 mile race and I did 6.5 a few weeks ago. I think I'm just going to run and enjoy it and not be arsed about my time. It's a really fun race and a lot of people come out to run it. I think last year there were 11K runners. It's a lottery system because it's so popular. It's one of the biggest road races in the country that's not a 5K, 10K or half marathon. It's one of those 'odd' distances.

It's all good. I need to get my ass in gear. I have a half marathon in October. It's the last in a trilogy and I get a jacket for completing all three. I loves my free race gear.

Ah best to have fun then :) It's okay to not break records every time right?
That' neat you get a jacket. :D

Wait whut, when did it get 4PM? Damn I've been productive today, fixing up my lab reports and typing the big report. :crack: Where has time gone?

Okay, topic for Edge's birthday.....

What year (birth and date) did you become a U2 fan? What was the 'thing' that got you hooked on the U2 Smack?

It was 1983-1987. I was 12 in 1983 and I loved the song Surrender. The infamous Carter Alan was on WBCN in Boston and played the War album all the time. In the spring of 1983, they played Surrender and I loved that song. I would be a fan of the music through the mid-80's. In 1984-85, my friend assigned the Edge as my U2 boyfriend. She liked Bono, and I was a little bummed out. Finally in 1987, she decided she wanted Edge and I got to have Bono. That would start my deep obsession with U2. So, I was a fan at 12, but became ravenous at 15-16. One of the reasons Streets hits a deep chord in me is I remember the trailer for Rattle and Hum. The red screen with their silhouettes walking on stage. The keyboards and Larry's drumsticks cracking together as they count down to the moment where Edge starts that amazing intro......still gives me chills almost 25 years later.

Aaand score, my comment got taken the wrong way and I'm once again portrayed as rude. :happy: Never fails to deliver. Gotta love this place.

Okay, topic for Edge's birthday.....

What year (birth and date) did you become a U2 fan? What was the 'thing' that got you hooked on the U2 Smack?

It was 1983-1987. I was 12 in 1983 and I loved the song Surrender. The infamous Carter Alan was on WBCN in Boston and played the War album all the time. In the spring of 1983, they played Surrender and I loved that song. I would be a fan of the music through the mid-80's. In 1984-85, my friend assigned the Edge as my U2 boyfriend. She liked Bono, and I was a little bummed out. Finally in 1987, she decided she wanted Edge and I got to have Bono. That would start my deep obsession with U2. So, I was a fan at 12, but became ravenous at 15-16. One of the reasons Streets hits a deep chord in me is I remember the trailer for Rattle and Hum. The red screen with their silhouettes walking on stage. The keyboards and Larry's drumsticks cracking together as they count down to the moment where Edge starts that amazing intro......still gives me chills almost 25 years later.

This is why I wish I was older then I am :grumpy:

I can't really pin-point a year when I became fan. I remember liking Beautiful Day/ Elevation when those songs came out but I didn't really become a huge fan until high school. I remember watching the video for Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own and thinking "Wow this song is awesome!" It was all downhill from there :sexywink:

Some funny things in the beginning of my fandom, I remember making my BFF watch the ES video in everytime I went over to her house and we would talk about "the hot drummer." I remember going to HMV and buying all the U2 cds they had in one visit :wink:.

By the time I graduated high school, I was hooked. I begged for a U2 Ipod for my grad present and I got it :D

Remember....sharing is caring. :hug:

:shifty:

:reject: *became a fan after first seeing Vertigo and having that song stuck in her head for weeks.*

:sad: I was born at least 10 years too late!

come on...you don't think that was rude the way you posted to a newbie?

I don't see why it'd be different if it's a newbie or not. And for the record, the person has been here for 2 years. I'd hardly call it a newbie.

Really I don't see what exactly I did wrong. :huh: I just stated that it's kinda weird to go on a U2 forum calling yourself the biggest fan.

Back
Top Bottom