PGP: How to recover from the BonoMono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP, that must be soooo much fun!:cute:

It IS, omg!

We have a script that we have to go through for legal purposes (with a skill testing question, something they don't have in the US), and we don't get to actually say they've won till near the end, and I'm always so excited, wanting to blurt it out at the very beginning, lol.

Do they do that pilgrimage climb? I'll take the quick, touristy route, please. :wink:

I've seen estimates that it'll take anywhere from 2 1/2 to 4 hours. If I understand correctly, it's mostly a gentle(ish) incline, and I think I'm enough of a hiker to do it on the shorter end.

If it's a cloudy, crummy day, I'll probably give it a pass, because I don't know that I want to bother with the hike if I can't get nice pictures from the top! :wink:

Yeah they take the pilgrimage route

They asked me if i wanted to once, emmmm no dancing barefoot up a Mountain for me :lol:

Wild! :kiss: How are you? Are you able to get out at all, or is life pretty normal except for isolated areas?

Life is normal , you just very conscious when you see gangs of kids just standing there.

At work today,

I got to give away a vehicle. Probably my 5th or 6th since I've been there, but I still get SO excited making the call to tell the person. :D

eta - no, more than that, probably like 7th or 8th.

That sounds fantastic , wish my job involved making people happy

Wild, we like our Irish men pierced!:wink:

Yes we do ..

Ni only has his ear pierced though :shifty:

Life is normal , you just very conscious when you see gangs of kids just standing there.
I haven't had a chance to catch up on the news today, but hopefully it'll be over soon. :hug:

It's not always like that, believe it or not (some people :crack: ), but for bigger things it generally is.

Yes we do ..

Where's your Irishman pierced, Amy? 'fess up. :lol:

Realistically, I don't think it's any different than any other period in history, although the means and the distances have changed. But sometimes it sure seems like it.

Oh I know, and I agree with that, but there's a reason for the term "mob mentality." *has no faith in people after the year she's had*

Just so you all know, that burlington77 is who has been bugging GG around the forum!:angry:

I saw the conversation about earrings before. My husband has 2, from a dare when we were younger, and he still refuses to take them out!:lol:

Thanks for the info on that douche person.

:giggle:

I sang *quietly* Happy Birthday to Edge a few times yesterday!
:lmao:

I did too. :shifty:

Wild, we like our Irish men pierced!:wink:
:silent:

Yes we do ..

Glad everything is (mostly) okay where you are, Wild! :hug:

And.... piercings, ftw! :shifty:

Omg, Sarah just texted me. She's tried to donate blood at school for four years now, three times before, I think, and her hemoglobin has always been too low. She tried again today, and she finally got to do it! :lol: I think it became a challenge for her... stubbornness. "You won't take my blood you bastards? Fine, I'll eat a raw cow." :lol:

Aw, sorry you've had a bad year. :hug: Hopefully something good to restore your faith in humanity will happen soon. :)

:hug:

I hope so too. :)

Also, I don't remember who I told in here about this, but I know I've mentioned my dad's old military friend in England. They were stationed together in Texas (which feels like eons ago), and I grew very attached to him, but then we moved to Guam and didn't see him for about 1 year ana half. Was still rather attached to him (was only 14, though.).... Anyway, it turns out I was wrong about when he gets to retire! He and his wife come back to the States - more specifically, the area I live in! - in OCTOBER!!

*can't wait to see him again* Really, I want to meet his wife. She seems so sweet! And I can't wait till their baby is born, because I know it'll be adorable to see him as a dad.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cori, if you see this, I keep meaning to ask you - I haven't been able to download and burn much for the past 6 months, but now I can again. :hyper: What have I missed, anything good? I saw you raving about Seattle 360, so that was the first thing I got on the weekend, but anything else outstanding?

Also, Thora, if you see this, sorry about your finger. :hug: I read about it this morning? yesterday morning? I tend to do a lot of my catching up in the morning when I'm having my coffee, but at that point it's 6 am and I only have like one eye open (on a good day) and my replies wouldn't be coherent. I intend to reply later, but then by the time I get home, I forget. :reject:

I know I'll eat "Irish food" while I'm there, but shit, I'll eat at any restaurant that I hear is good. Since I didn't end up splurging on a hotel, I hope I'll be able to splurge on at least a few really nice meals. :)

I was doing some calculating yesterday, and I think my daily allotment of funds for food/souvenirs/transport/admission fees to whatever is going to be more than I initially planned for, which is AWESOME. And I also think I really overestimated how much I'll need for gas when I'm driving, which will help.

What really helped with the funds is realizing that not only is September one of the two months this year with a third paycheck, I get that "extra" paycheck on the day I leave for Ireland, so the entire thing can go toward my trip.

WHOOOOOO!

Ok, here is my Irish Adventure, and I'll attempt to be brief....like Bono...not very good at.

We went in 2005 which happened to coincide with the Vertigo tour. We flew into Shannon and rented a car. We drive through part of the Ring of Kerry towards Bantry which borders County Kerry and County Cork. Mr. R had a very distant relative that insisted we stay with her. That night we ate the most awesome potatoes. Her neighbor, a farmer, dug them that morning. We then went to their local, a little thatch roof pub where the doors were opened and kids and dogs wandered in and out. There were tons of people from everywhere in the world. We all sat around and talked politics, religion....some local musicians came in and started jamming.

We then drove to Cork City where I discovered each county has its own stout. Cork's was Murphy's Stout. And from the draught, it was heaven. From there we drove by Wexford and Waterford. I felt no need to look at crystal. We then made our way to Dublin. That was when we got into our first massive fight. Suffice it to say, driving in the city of Dublin was rough. We passed over the Liffey several times. It was 'we're on the wrong side of the river, now we're on the right side.'

Finally, we got to the hotel (after FINALLY doing what I suggested. We were near St. Stephen's Green, walking distance to Grafton. That's where we got my celtic cross. We spent a lot of time on Grafton and Temple Bar. I remember chatting up the buskers on the street.

The U2 concert? Yes, it was awesome seeing them in their home. BUT we ended up walking home from Croke Park to St. Stephen's....in my Doc Martens.

I heard Thai Orchid was good. That's in Temple Bar. St. John's Gogarty's is a great place to watch music, but we got sick after eating there. However, we did have our food blessed by the cousin of the Pope who said it was just as good as the Pope doing it. God, I love Ireland!

I'm going September 16 - September 30th. (My August 19th paycheck will be my September rent check, the paycheck on September 2 will be my next usual paycheck, the September 30 paycheck will be the October rent check, which leaves that lovely September 16th paycheck as the spare! :heart: )

I'm going mostly west out of Dublin- I'll head to see Clonmacnoise, and then go northwest to Westport from there. I'm just doing one night in Westport, one of only two one-night stays (the second will be my last night there, just staying near the Shannon airport).

I already have a full day reserved to drive around Connemarra (while staying in Galway), but also wanted to see if I could hike up Croagh Patrick, and it made sense to be in Westport for that. So one night in Westport, then the next day I'll tootle around there, do that hike if it's feasible and the weather is okay, and then drive down to Galway.

hiking in Ireland :drool:
Sounds AWESOME - all of it!

Just so you all know, that burlington77 is who has been bugging GG around the forum!:angry:

I saw the conversation about earrings before. My husband has 2, from a dare when we were younger, and he still refuses to take them out!:lol:

:scratch: What's up? PM me?
And does he have 2 in one ear or one in each? Love it!

At work today,

I got to give away a vehicle. Probably my 5th or 6th since I've been there, but I still get SO excited making the call to tell the person. :D

eta - no, more than that, probably like 7th or 8th.

That's sooooo cool!

From what I hear, it's not far off the motorway, but it's not a castle that's open to the public, so you can just see it from the road.

I'm certainly not going to try and get close to it, as I don't want to risk ending up in jail for trespassing.

I don't think Bono would bail me out. :(

I nearly got into a fight with a drunk girl in Cork City. My husband told me to keep walking. We didn't have enough money to bail me out of clink.

Omg, I'd like to join forces with Ali (the only thing I'd like to partner with her for, believe me) and throw those damn camouflage hats in the trash!!

I'd help her with her business, but not her bidniss, if you know what I mean.

I would really love to redress than man. First, wear some color. Yes, black is slimming, but a little color would be nice. The sandals.....gots to go. The caps are fine, but all camouflage MUST go.

Cori, if you see this, I keep meaning to ask you - I haven't been able to download and burn much for the past 6 months, but now I can again. :hyper: What have I missed, anything good? I saw you raving about Seattle 360, so that was the first thing I got on the weekend, but anything else outstanding?

I've downloaded pretty much everything, even single cams. :crack: And also, I've only watched enough of them to make sure they've burned okay so I can delete the files, so ... I can only go by my initial impressions. And I don't know how you judge "outstanding" - they all look really damned good to me. :lol:

Seattle is only 2 cams, but they're great sources - DRay and Chrisedge, so that's awesome stuff.

I hear there's an Anaheim 2 multicam in the works, which means :drool:

Those are the only I know of from this leg. I've downloaded some of the more recently finished ones, like San Sebastian and Coimbra, and I'm sure they're awesome.

Ok, here is my Irish Adventure, and I'll attempt to be brief....like Bono...not very good at.

I read about Thai Orchid on Trip Advisor! I didn't add it to my list though, as honestly, I am surrounded by awesome Thai food in Seattle, so I'm not necessarily going to seek it out there. But if I end up in front of the place and am starving .... I will likely go in because OM NOM NOM.

My initial itinerary included Cork. But it no longer does.

.... that's all I've got re Cork.

But glad to know the rumors of driving in Dublin are true! :lol:

A nudge's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh?????

Also, Thora, if you see this, sorry about your finger. :hug: I read about it this morning? yesterday morning? I tend to do a lot of my catching up in the morning when I'm having my coffee, but at that point it's 6 am and I only have like one eye open (on a good day) and my replies wouldn't be coherent. I intend to reply later, but then by the time I get home, I forget. :reject:

Thanks! :hug: It's much better today, thankfully. My bandage is off now, but I still have to wear a finger condom ( :lmao: ) when I'm working with the food, obviously, as we have to be sanitary and I don't want to risk the wound opening again. :giggle:

It's been a great time so far. I didn't sleep well on Saturday or Sunday nights, but last night I got a full night of rest, which was desperately needed. I've also napped a little bit every afternoon. Hopefully tonight will be much of the same. :)

Thanks! :hug: It's much better today, thankfully. My bandage is off now, but I still have to wear a finger condom ( :lmao: ) when I'm working with the food, obviously, as we have to be sanitary and I don't want to risk the wound opening again. :giggle:

It's been a great time so far. I didn't sleep well on Saturday or Sunday nights, but last night I got a full night of rest, which was desperately needed. I've also napped a little bit every afternoon. Hopefully tonight will be much of the same. :)

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom