PGP: Hot Bono in the Summertime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home from Camille's wisdom teeth surgery. Yay all went well and we're just hanging out now. She's miserable and loopy though.

GR: Reminder? :shifty: Or do we need to wait til you're off work tonight.

Now I'll have to wait. Bono has really sucked up my day between interviews and speeches. I have done pretty much nothing. :reject:

You guys, my kid has been transformed into U2 fangirlydom. Why?

1. She requested Elevation. I'm uploading the video now
2. She wanted to have cake with Bono on his birthday
3. She said when she goes to bed she is going to dream of Elevation
4. She requested Zoo TV DVD over NickJr.
5. She sings 'HE moves in Mysterious Ways' because it's Bono.

I swear this is only slightly my doing. And this is all today.

Okay, video is on my Facebook

That's such great news, Tara, so thrilled for you guys!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Poor Camille, hope she's feeling better soon! :hug:

Grace, that's so cute. :) I'd post Wild and Jem's Bono bd cake from Chicago in '05 for inspiration, but I can't remember my PB password.

My mom had an appt with her doctor today. It was for 9:30. I told work I should be in around 11. They were running so behind (and he also sent her for an unexpected xray) I didn't get to work till 3. :crack:

He said it's too soon to tell if the drug is working, but that she was no worse, which is a good thing, and he remains hopeful it will work. She was tired today from being up early and the appointment, but for the past few days, she has seemed a little better, more energetic. So, fingers crossed. :) We take her back in 4 weeks.

Omg. I have the perfect response to tweet to our mayor and one of our federal cabinet ministers who visited our city today - the mayor responded to a tweet of mine from earlier, regarding the visit. It's funny, but it's smart-assy and probably not appropriate and I may have to break my own fingers to resist tweeting it. :(

So when is Grace's birthday?? Is it coming soon?

She was tired today because she is NOT a morning person. The staff was supposed to have her up 7 am, and have her ready for us to leave at 8 (the clinic is out of town, about 40 minutes away). My sister got there at 8, and apparently some miscommunication occurred, and they thought they didn't need to get her up till 9. So, they washed her face, threw some clothes on her, and we were out of there at 8:15. :lol: So I'm not surprised she was tired today. Plus, although she's better, she is still weak. Hopefully that'll improve over the next few weeks. :)

Comet, I hope Camille feels better soon! I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out.... not a fun thing.

You guys, my kid has been transformed into U2 fangirlydom. Why?

1. She requested Elevation. I'm uploading the video now
2. She wanted to have cake with Bono on his birthday
3. She said when she goes to bed she is going to dream of Elevation
4. She requested Zoo TV DVD over NickJr.
5. She sings 'HE moves in Mysterious Ways' because it's Bono.

I swear this is only slightly my doing. And this is all today.

Okay, video is on my Facebook
Awesomeness.

That's such great news, Tara, so thrilled for you guys!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Poor Camille, hope she's feeling better soon! :hug:

Grace, that's so cute. :) I'd post Wild and Jem's Bono bd cake from Chicago in '05 for inspiration, but I can't remember my PB password.

My mom had an appt with her doctor today. It was for 9:30. I told work I should be in around 11. They were running so behind (and he also sent her for an unexpected xray) I didn't get to work till 3. :crack:

He said it's too soon to tell if the drug is working, but that she was no worse, which is a good thing, and he remains hopeful it will work. She was tired today from being up early and the appointment, but for the past few days, she has seemed a little better, more energetic. So, fingers crossed. :) We take her back in 4 weeks.
:hug:

I'm glad your mom seems better. Fingers crossed the medication works! :hug:

I am sooooooo tired. Spent all afternoon walking around the mall with my mom, her friend from South Dakota, friend's kid, and friend's kid's friend.

:crack:

I'm glad your mom seems better. Fingers crossed the medication works! :hug:

Thanks!

I laughed at you being tired out from your mom and her friends and all the kids. :lol:

The oncologist today (who had been treating her for nearly 4 years and who I adore) said nothing different from what he said a few weeks ago - the medication may work, there is hope, we need time to know. And yet, last time, she was hospitalized here, and those doctors and nurses started talking like there's no hope, started talking palliative care, etc. Um, FUCK YOU...she's still alive, she doesn't need that yet. It was really nice to hear her oncologist, the one who is actually in a position to KNOW, confirm that today.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Camille everyone. :hug: She's feeling a little better.

Sending :hug:s to all you and your families who need them too.

Thanks!

I laughed at you being tired out from your mom and her friends and all the kids. :lol:

The oncologist today (who had been treating her for nearly 4 years and who I adore) said nothing different from what he said a few weeks ago - the medication may work, there is hope, we need time to know. And yet, last time, she was hospitalized here, and those doctors and nurses started talking like there's no hope, started talking palliative care, etc. Um, FUCK YOU...she's still alive, she doesn't need that yet. It was really nice to hear her oncologist, the one who is actually in a position to KNOW, confirm that today.

Well, it is a funny thing! It's the most I've done in a long long time! :lol:

Yea, drs/nurses can be such downers. They act like they know, but they don't. Not really. :hug:

VP - you could always post it in here instead :wink:

Thanks for asking. :hyper: :lol:

The minister is Tony Clement. I've followed him for a few years now - he was minister of science and technology during the whole UBB thing. then I discovered he's a huge music fan, with similar tastes to mine, and then I saw him in '11 at the U2 show (later found out he had ordinary GA tickets, just like everyone else). I actually had an exchange with him regarding his misappropriation of G-whatever funds, where he used funds to bolster border security for his own riding, including building gazebos in parks.
So, he came to Brant today, met with the mayor, and the mayor tweeted a pic of him standing beside lion sculptures outside of our main post office/federal building. He tweeted the pic with the caption "here is Tony Clement in his official Brantford picture," or something similar. Those lions, and people sitting on them/having pics of themselves sitting on them is a rite of passage for ALL Brantford kids. EVERYONE. I`m not even kidding. So I tweeted to the mayor and Tony `Tsk, it`s not official if you`re not sitting on the lions.` The mayor responded to me something to the effect of `it was the end of a long tour for the minister, so I made it official despite him not sitting on it.`My smartass reply would have been `at least he didn`t build a gazebo over them.` But Tony follows me, and I thought that may have been a little mean, although I`d like to think he has a sense of humour and would have laughed at it.

*snerk* Even if he didn't, I think it's funny :lol:

Thank you. :bow: I thought it was a kick ass reply, even though I didn`t use it. :lol: I hate it when opposing politicians humanize themselves and make you realize that they`re people too, despite your political differences, grr. And, you`d have to be Canadian to get it.

Hehe, yeah, that is annoying, but it's also nice to know they're just like everyone else, too. By humanizing them, I think that makes it easier to let them know when they've fucked up (and kudos to you for actually having a conversation with him about that. Did it help at all, did he get where you were coming from?).

He's got good taste in music, so woo for that, at least!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Camille everyone. :hug: She's feeling a little better.

Sending :hug:s to all you and your families who need them too.

Glad to hear it :up:.

Also glad to hear things are looking up, or at least steady, VP and Tara :) (and VP, ergh, your rant on doctors-I hear ya). Nice to hear some good news :hug:.

Grace, yay for trickle down fandom!

:wave:

fish market is here for weekend, about to enjoy

deep-fried vendace

fish loaf (Traditional loaf-shaped fish and pork pie of the Savo region in eastern Finland. The filling consists of layers of fish and pork fat, which are wrapped inside a smooth rye crust and slowly baked in oven. The dome-shaped pie is eaten by cutting out pieces of the crust, topping them with the succulent filling)

lutefish

blazed salmon

lamprey

fried Baltic herrings

smoked lavaret

did I say that we love fish here :lol: :drool::drool:

:wave:

fish market is here for weekend, about to enjoy

deep-fried vendace

fish loaf (Traditional loaf-shaped fish and pork pie of the Savo region in eastern Finland. The filling consists of layers of fish and pork fat, which are wrapped inside a smooth rye crust and slowly baked in oven. The dome-shaped pie is eaten by cutting out pieces of the crust, topping them with the succulent filling)

lutefish

blazed salmon

lamprey

fried Baltic herrings

smoked lavaret

did I say that we love fish here :lol: :drool::drool:

Pass me the blazed salmon please. :D

The rest, um, you can keep. :uhoh:

(just kidding, I'm sure it's all yummy. :wink:)

Oh gawd. LJ has proven its stupidity. The "ONTD" community ('oh no they didn't') has gotten wind of Bono's "billionaire" status. I cant even begin to describe the idiocy. :madwife:
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/69110502.html :doh:

I'll be in my bunk with Adam, pretending said idiots don't exist. :shifty::shifty:

*burp*

and yeah, fun reading all those comments that he should give all his millions now to Africa, reminds me of protest which was in Glasto, talked to few of those people and they said that he´s a tax evader, I just replied that how much taxes did you pay for that weed that you´re smoking atm ?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom