PGP-Hoping For Some BOOMCHA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it wasn't so damn expensive, I might be able to pull Montreal off. :sigh:

The most feasible show for me to go to would be the Jersey show. Even if I have a seat, or wind up hanging out in the back, I don't care. I would really like to be there.

Well it's gonna be wicked if you can pull it off.

I don't have a room yet. Just waiting for the rates to go down on Hotwire first. I always book with that site. I got great deals for Toronto and Minneapolis.

Awesome! :up: Do you have a hotel in mind, then?

If I remember from reading way back when the show was announced, I *think* the venue might be a little out of the way? I could be completely wrong, though.

I LOVE civilized cities like Toronto and Chicago, where the venues are easily accessible. :drool:

Deeg :hug:

Jersey would probably be cheaper for me than Montreal. :der: But Montreal has the benefit of two shows.

I really wish I could make East Lansing.

If I skipped Toronto, East Lansing would be very doable. :wink:

Hey Dg :wave:

VP, I don't have a hotel in mind. Basically with hotwire you pick the number of stars for the hotel you want and they give you a list of about three hotel possibilites that it could be. Then you book the hotel and they tell you the name of the hotel after. For Toronto and Minneapolis I got the Westin.

Yeah the venue is about 15 minutes away from downtown Montreal. Kinda sucks it's not within walking distance. I liked how my hotel was a block from the Rogers Center back in September.

Ha, I believe it. Going out to Anaheim would be cheaper for me than Montreal. :lol:

Crazy, isn't it?

Hey Dg :wave:

VP, I don't have a hotel in mind. Basically with hotwire you pick the number of stars for the hotel you want and they give you a list of about three hotel possibilites that it could be. Then you book the hotel and they tell you the name of the hotel after. For Toronto and Minneapolis I got the Westin.

Yeah the venue is about 15 minutes away from downtown Montreal. Kinda sucks it's not within walking distance. I liked how my hotel was a block from the Rogers Center back in September.

I found that being in a hotel away from the venue, you spend SO much in cab fare, it's not even funny. :crack:

Crazy, isn't it?

I found that being in a hotel away from the venue, you spend SO much in cab fare, it's not even funny. :crack:

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that. I'd rather be downtown though and be able to walk around and sight see a little bit the day before the first show. Apparently the venue is in the middle of nowhere so if I got a hotel near the venue I'd still be paying cab fare to go downtown for the day.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that. I'd rather be downtown though and be able to walk around and sight see a little bit the day before the first show. Apparently the venue is in the middle of nowhere so if I got a hotel near the venue I'd still be paying cab fare to go downtown for the day.

15 minutes? Wow! :crack:

:kiss:

But yeah, I want to go to Jersey now. :scream:

I really miss arenas, when they played a bajillion shows. :sigh:

So, I've been looking into a few things. :shifty: The train is much cheaper than I remember, the prices must have dropped, the bus is super cheap, and there's a downtown hotel for $64/night on hotwire.

:reject:

My hotel in Montreal is taken care of (I'm staying with friends from the GTA group), I think TO is covered :wink:... I still have to book a flight/hotel for Edmonton and Minneapolis, fill out my passport form, find someone to sign it/references and get the damn thing :lol:

For Montreal :hmm:

Yup!

VP - if it's Montreal you're looking at... the further ahead you book the train the cheaper it is :wink:

The longer in advance, you mean?

I'm sure it was a lot more when I checked when the shows were first announced, but I could be wrong. :hmm:

The train is $144 each, return, the bus is $58. Not bad.

Eta - just talked to Sarah, and she wants to do this. :hyper:

Deeg, I'm just watching the Sommerville show for the first time ever, and OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT TO SEE THAT!!!! Lucky girl! :hug: WOW.

I know!!!!! We were in the balcony on Edge's side, but it was like being in the balcony of a high school auditorium. It was amazing. And during the commercial breaks of the Q+A, the band was interacting wth the audience. I remember Bono asked who in the audience had been at their first Boston show at the Paradise in 1981, and who was seeing U2 for the first time that night. Such an intimate show. I STILL can't believe I was lucky enough to be there. :heart:

Incredible, I'm SO thrilled for you after seeing it!!

I looked up the theatre, and it seats 900. For comparison, we have a tiny little theatre here, and it seats 1125. HOLY SHIT, I can't even imagine seeing them in a venue that small, that'd be like a dream come true for me!

I wish the Q&A had been on the dvd. How long was it?

Incredible, I'm SO thrilled for you after seeing it!!

I looked up the theatre, and it seats 900. For comparison, we have a tiny little theatre here, and it seats 1125. HOLY SHIT, I can't even imagine seeing them in a venue that small, that'd be like a dream come true for me!

I wish the Q&A had been on the dvd. How long was it?

Yeah, I think there were 800 seated, since there were cameras. The q+a was a half hour.

It was so much fun, and so awesome. Wow.

Jess! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom