PGP...."Hey Cowboy...wanna get lucky?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
SG or Jo, where is Clarkston in relation to Auburn Hills? My incestuous crush just sent me info about the Steely Dan tour, and that's the closest to here they're playing. :shifty:

Clarkston/the DTE Energy Music Theatre is about 5 miles/the next exit north of Auburn Hills and the Palace of Auburn Hills.

I've already been to DTE three times this summer. Thank god for cheap lawn seats.

jobob said:

Clarkston/the DTE Energy Music Theatre is about 5 miles/the next exit north of Auburn Hills and the Palace of Auburn Hills.

I've already been to DTE three times this summer. Thank god for cheap lawn seats.

I was supposed to be going there to see the Googoo dolls tomorrow :madwife: :sigh: oh well

It's a nice, relaxed venue VP :up:

dazzledbylight said:

I'm actually still here b/c i went over the extra 20 min increment anyway.hard to keep checking do tighly
- so I'm not foing to waste the extra 14 mins in the new increment :huh:

:lol: I hope that makes sense :giggle:

I see :lol: I'm easily confused :reject:

Sad_Girl said:
And Lastly:

sniff.jpg

:lmao:

snapshot_00000004_31cbd7f9.jpg

and to Bri I say Yo-Ho! :sexywink: :hug: :giggle:

:lol:
A pirate for me, indeed! :love:

SG, I bow to you as always. :bow:
Thank you! :hug:

Bri :D ^ And yes, that is Johnny Depp in the kitchen in the background on the top picture there :wink: He was cooking you lunch! Lucky girl

Oh, yeah! How did I forget Van Helsing!! I love that one!

Speaking of Kate and Leopold, and the whole time-travel romantic thing, has anyone ever read the Griffin and Sabine series by Nick Bantock? They're graphic novels, but not like comic book style...the artwork is INCREDIBLE. :drool: :drool: And the story is magical... :heart: The book actually had little inserts you can remove...some of the story is told on postcards that they wrote to each other, and they're in pockets on the pages of the book, you can take them out and read them. Amazingly cool concept. :yes:

http://www.nickbantock.com/Gryphon/Griffin_and_Sabine.html

http://www.griffinandsabine.com/

jobob said:

Oh, so it's right there, then. Thanks for the info. :)

I won't be going (unless he wants to take me :shifty: ), I was just curious. I'd go for sure if they came to Toronto, though. :drool:

VP what's that not like comic books comment supposed to mean? :angry: :madwife: :wink:

Although I have a few Graphic novels based on comic series done in OIL PAINTINGS :shocked: BEAUTIFUL art :love:

that does look very interesting! :ohmy:

Sad_Girl said:
Bri :D ^ And yes, that is Johnny Depp in the kitchen in the background on the top picture there :wink: He was cooking you lunch! Lucky girl

Johnny Depp cooks? :ohmy:

Today I was reading about Keith Richards recovering in time to start the new leg of the Rolling Stones tour. After it's over, Keith's going to play Captain Jack Sparrow's dad in Pirates III. I cannot wait to see that movie. And to buy the DVD.

:drool: at thought of Keith Richards and Johnny Depp together as pirates ...

VintagePunk said:

I won't be going (unless he wants to take me :shifty: ), I was just curious. I'd go for sure if they came to Toronto, though. :drool:

You make that clear to him , and I may be seeing you soon ;)

Sad_Girl said:

My Sim died and went to Pirate Paradise? :drool:

I so want to go see Pirates again :love:
Hey SG, wanna be my date? :flirt:

Btw, completely random...I discovered the other day that on the first POTC bonus disc there is an easter egg interview with Keith Richards...
Not that I've rememberd to watch it yet :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Again, you're welcome. It's just north of where you saw U2 when you were here at the end of October. And it is a nice outdoor venue. Lots of big-name acts (and a lot of oldies acts) play there every summer. I saw REO Speedwagon there Tuesday night because a friend of a friend had super-cheap passes to the lawn -- and it was better than sitting around my hot apartment all night. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
VP what's that not like comic books comment supposed to mean? :angry: :madwife: :wink:

Although I have a few Graphic novels based on comic series done in OIL PAINTINGS :shocked : BEAUTIFUL art :love :

that does look very interesting! :ohmy:

Sorry, didn't mean to diminish comic book-style art. :reject: :lol: But you know what I mean? I guess it's like you said, about the series done in oil, it's not something you usually see in books.

If you can, you should look up the series, I think you'd really enjoy it. My local library didn't have it, I had to get it on inter-library loan. Because the experience isn't just reading, it's also visual AND tactile, it's like you're really entering their world. I really, really need to buy those books someday. :drool: :love:

I've only read the first three, and now I see there have been three more since!!! :hyper: :happy:

VP those sound very interesting.'

i I tri3ed to look now but i can;t get a good look here so 'll check tomorrow.............

SG
I know what I thought .when VP said that.

there's still alot of comics that while the stories are interesting, and the layouts & inking are very good AND even the coloring is good to great.

if, IF hiwever {look at some od the Sunday comix and see how certain advances haVE BEEN made .thinking esp of how OPUS looks like at ...

ALOT of comic books SON'T have FULL- 4-COLOR printing - it's still reeleatively highly expensive- I i love what can be done now within the limitaTIONs io\of less expensive color-printing. ESP when it is of HIGH QUALity! buit I do gravitAte towards full [4] color printing where all color media is available to be photographed digitally or traditional way and reproduced

I'm just making an educated guess :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Btw, completely random...I discovered the other day that on the first POTC bonus disc there is an easter egg interview with Keith Richards...

uh how soes . ytry that again when a DVD comes out.is it announced that there are easter eggs in it?

or is it a real REAL suprise and people stumble upon thenm by accident .....and then spread the word????

cause.i never had any of the dvd's when you all were talking about such things............. :wink: :help: :help:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Really? Do you know how to find it again? I'd like to see that, but am always hopeless at finding easter eggs unless someone tells me. :lol:

Random - I love the smell of clean clothes from the dryer! I just finished a load of laundry and now my house smells all fresh and clean! :D

Sad_Girl said:

I know, how lucky are you???? :eek:hmy

The number of times I've declared my love for you is finally paying off?
:hmm:

Btw, I love you :flirt:

Yes! :hyper: :yes :flirt and NOT because of the scene with Orly in the ripped shirt :shifty: ok, not JUST because... :sexywink

Of course not...you're going purely to examine and appreciate the plot and sharp, witty comments.

Not to see Johnny Depp or Orli or anything like that...:shifty:

Ok! You head north, I'll head south and we'll meet at a theatre somewhere halfway? :hyper:

Speaking of which, whatever happened to rumours of the 3d IMAX u2 Milan movie....:hmm:

I knew what you meant VP :lol:

the quality of art in comics is varied greatly! Some is scary and others is so beautiful!

I think part of the reason for the quality in those books would be amazing because the art is not done in a hurry on a deadline, trying to publish a mnthly or bi-monthly title - that makes a big difference.

Sad_Girl said:

Oh, yeah! How did I forget Van Helsing!! I love that one!

:D I have the special edition with the classic Dracula/etc movies - none of which I've watched yet :lol:

Back
Top Bottom