PGP: He's got the submarine AND the gasoline, baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The trip was really, really cool. Perhaps the best part was that we were all such a close group. I'm gonna miss it.

But I won't miss the sharing rooms and showers. :wink: I prefer my privacy.

:giggle::hug:
we tried!

I hate being spoiled for certain movies and TV series...
so I know that that way!

Definitely - I hate TV spoilers too. I'll read them after the shows have aired and I've seen them. :giggle:

Apparently 3 weeks is too long to keep mushrooms in the fridge :reject: so there go my dinner plans. Fortunately, I have a serving of shrimp and pasta in foil in the freezer. :drool: And two glasses of wine to finish because it might go bad if I leave it any longer!

It's been a long week. :drool:

Nice to see you back GG, sorry you're ill again. :hug: Did you have a good trip otherwise?

Ooh, your dinner sounds lovely. I'm definitely going to be picking up a bottle of red wine on my way home tonight. I deserve some after this afternoon, and will want a little bit with my pre-race dinner tomorrow night.

Glad you had a great time, GG! :)

2 hours to go til I'm off work :yawn: this day is dragging. :sigh:

*tries to entertain self...*

disco-bono-hips-comet.gif

This is what I was going to make. Mushroom Pasta with Sour Cream Sauce ? Eatincalgary’s Blog Basic, but I'm a HUGE fan of mushrooms, plus I have a piece of fresh parmesan I bought a week ago, and it all sounded really appealing to me. Damned perishable food items. :angry: :lol:

Oh well, I'll have to console myself with my new other favourite pasta dish, woe. And garlic bread! :drool:

I've decided to do nothing this weekend. I don't care if the house falls down around me, I need a break. I've been going for four or five weeks straight, weekends included, and I'm getting burned out. Sarah's coming home for 10 days next Thursday, and she said she'd help me catch up around the house then. :love:

TMI:

If the period gods want to be kind to me, I'll start that tonight so I can laze around all weekend, and won't have to go through that special hell next week at work. :fingerscrossed:

Question: Bono will always be my number one "seductive voice," but who is your second?

For me, it's gotta be Robbie Robertson.

I've been watching some of his videos. This one, I'm never sure if it's hot or if it's ridiculously cheesy. I generally lean toward ridiculously cheesy, but then when he breaks into the bridge "I'm a man with a clear destination..." all lit by the blue light, then I'm firmly back on hot territory.

YouTube - Robbie Robertson - Somewhere Down The Crazy River

And this is one of my favouritm songs of all time, amazing album.

YouTube - Robbie Robertson - What About Now

Things that make you feel like you're 16 again: getting a call from your mother, and pretending you're not tipsy. :uhoh:

(this job is making me a cheap drunk, for reals.)

Speaking of which, just found out last week that a TO agency we work with has a drink cart that comes around every Friday at 3 pm. We're seeing what we can do to institute that rule at our workplace. :wink: And also naptime, which I came up with after a bizarre dream I had recently, in which I found out that naps at work "enhance creativity." My brain. :cute:

This is what I was going to make. Mushroom Pasta with Sour Cream Sauce � Eatincalgary’s Blog Basic, but I'm a HUGE fan of mushrooms, plus I have a piece of fresh parmesan I bought a week ago, and it all sounded really appealing to me. Damned perishable food items. :angry: :lol:

Oh well, I'll have to console myself with my new other favourite pasta dish, woe. And garlic bread! :drool:

I've decided to do nothing this weekend. I don't care if the house falls down around me, I need a break. I've been going for four or five weeks straight, weekends included, and I'm getting burned out. Sarah's coming home for 10 days next Thursday, and she said she'd help me catch up around the house then. :love:

TMI:

If the period gods want to be kind to me, I'll start that tonight so I can laze around all weekend, and won't have to go through that special hell next week at work. :fingerscrossed:

Oooh, that dish sounds tasty! :drool: I went to the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine, and the store was INSANELY crowded. It's obviously Friday night, and game day. :lol: Long lines and tons of people.

Wishing the best for you, re: the spoiler. :lol:

Oooh, that dish sounds tasty! :drool: I went to the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine, and the store was INSANELY crowded. It's obviously Friday night, and game day. :lol: Long lines and tons of people.

Wishing the best for you, re: the spoiler. :lol:

Thanks! :lol: I was hoping a while ago, but the feeling faded. :lol:

What kind did you get? Now I'm wishing I'd picked up more, because two glasses really is just a teaser...

But I was all "no, two glasses is all I'll want tonight!!" on my way home. :rolleyes:

Thanks! :lol: I was hoping a while ago, but the feeling faded. :lol:

What kind did you get? Now I'm wishing I'd picked up more, because two glasses really is just a teaser...

But I was all "no, two glasses is all I'll want tonight!!" on my way home. :rolleyes:

I bought a Cabernet Merlot. I think I've had this one before, and I think I remember liking it. So we'll see in a little bit. :lol: In the last month or so, I've taken to writing a memo in my phone of all the wines I know I definitely like, so I don't end up buying duds. :lol:

You ALWAYS need to prepare for wanting more than 2 glasses! :yes:

Yeah 8 shows stand between me and my first... :hyper: it's starting to sound real... and the fact that it's less than 2 months away. :ohmy:

OOOOOOOAAAAAAAAKKKKKLLLLLAAAAANNNNDDDD!!!!! :hyper:

:shocked: So I come back to see
ZOOROPA and EBTTRT
being played,
Mercy
being rehearsed again and Zooey spoiled?

:uhoh: What is this place and what happened to the world while I was absent?

:reject:
The temptation was too great :reject:

VP :hug: Friday afternoon happy hour :hi5: Had 2 drinks with the teacher posse.

Our little guy got to pick a movie for tonight - he chose Alice In Wonderland (the Johnny Depp / Tim Burton one). I'm excited - I haven't seen it yet.

I bought a Cabernet Merlot. I think I've had this one before, and I I remember liking it. So we'll see in a little bit. :lol: In the last month or so, I've taken to writing a memo in my phone of all the wines I know I definitely like, so I don't end up buying duds. :lol:

You ALWAYS need to prepare for wanting more than 2 glasses! :yes:

I know!! I'll know better next time not to listen to my goody-two-shoes after-work self. She's lame, apparently.

Sounds good. :up: Do you drink mainly BC wines, or do you branch out?

For ages I was just drinking Niagara region wines, but lately I've been getting this, from Pelee Island: Pelee Island Winery

I guess I'll have a Heineken now, although I'd really just like another glass of wine...

I know!! I'll know better next time not to listen to my goody-two-shoes after-work self. She's lame, apparently.

Sounds good. :up: Do you drink mainly BC wines, or do you branch out?

For ages I was just drinking Niagara region wines, but lately I've been getting this, from Pelee Island: Pelee Island Winery

I guess I'll have a Heineken now, although I'd really just like another glass of wine...

I do branch out, but tonight I'm drinking one from BC. :) There are some really fantastic wineries in the province.

Time for the pizza to go into the oven. :drool: Game time's coming up at the top of the hour! :D

I do branch out, but tonight I'm drinking one from BC. :) There are some really fantastic wineries in the province.

Time for the pizza to go into the oven. :drool: Game time's coming up at the top of the hour! :D

Pizza :drool: We bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (lazymom)

Pizza :drool: We bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (lazymom)

Tonight's my fun food night. Tomorrow I'll be good and carbo-load.

Rotisserie chickens are the best! :drool: Costco makes the best ones around here. The other grocery store ones are fine, but the Costco ones have SO much more flavour and meat. :drool:

Yup! :)

Oooh, just poured a glass of wine, and it's what I'd remembered. Yum. And the pizza looks AMAZING! I just put it in the oven, but oh my god I can't wait for it to be done. :lol:

Wow, I really killed the thread. :lol: :uhoh:

Dinner was amazing. The pizza and wine combination was so damn good! :drool: I've drunk more than half the bottle of wine and am putting it down for the night now. :lol:

Question: Bono will always be my number one "seductive voice," but who is your second?

I've been watching some of his videos. This one, I'm never sure if it's hot or if it's ridiculously cheesy. I generally lean toward ridiculously cheesy, but then when he breaks into the bridge "I'm a man with a clear destination..." all lit by the blue light, then I'm firmly back on hot territory.

YouTube - Robbie Robertson - Somewhere Down The Crazy River

And this is one of my favouritm songs of all time, amazing album.

YouTube - Robbie Robertson - What About Now

Oh, thank you, VP! I was *SO* in love with Robbie Robertson back in The Day, and he just gets better?

As for my current "seductive voice", I think it may have to be Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons! :love:

:hmm: I really can't come up with anyone who comes remotely close to Bono for me, no other voice has ever affected me like his does, but I tried to come up with someone who might have had a big impact on me before Bono left everyone else in the dust. The only one would be Bowie. I've always loved his voice and I had a huuuuge thing for him in the 80's. (He's the reason I didn't get totally into U2 in the 80's :reject: ) But I'd still say he never came anywhere near Bono, once I came around. Bono is just :drool: Anyway, that's mine.

Comet, how long are you staying in SF for? We don't get in until the night before the show and I'll probably want to hang out with my family that night, unless my mom's just too tired. (it will be her last week of work before retirement)

Hello, I will most probably be in Stanford from the 19th of June for a conference and I am trying to understand whether I could fly in a couple of days in advance and trek it down the coast to SoCal for the gig(s). Do you know what is the most effective and economic way of travelling from SF to Anhaeim/OC?
Or do you thunk I should fly straight into LA from London?

Thanks for the info, I would LOVE to meet whoever will be there!!

Comet, how long are you staying in SF for? We don't get in until the night before the show and I'll probably want to hang out with my family that night, unless my mom's just too tired. (it will be her last week of work before retirement)

We're getting in the day before too. We're driving up that day so we won't get there til evening. Then the day after the show we're checking out of the hotel, but plan to go into SF for a little while to sight-see a bit since my kids have never been there. (you know, the bridge, and the regular tourist stuff I guess, I dunno, I haven't been there for years either.) We'll start home that day and just stop somewhere along the way home to sleep I guess, if we need to, depending on when we get going.
I guess I wasn't even thinking about the fact that we may get there too late the night before to do a meet-up. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom