PGP: He's got the submarine AND the gasoline, baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, I'm watching it now, too! :love:

I had my DVR set to record it because I hadn't seen it in aaaaages, but I got home soon enough after it started and just decided to watch it now.

I haven't seen that movie in ages. Must find it sometime soon. :)

Ugh, coming home today was a pain in the ass. It took hours longer than normal, due to the stooopid traffic plus pouring rain. I was so glad to get home and be out of the car. :lol:

Anyone seen the Ewan McGreggor thing "Long Way Round"? Is it a miniseries or a movie? I picked up Long Way Down (Scotland - CapeTown) and started it this morning and LOVE IT - quick and easy read.

Long Way Round was a series of shows so I guess you could call it a miniseries? But I think of it more like a several part documentary. It's been years now since I watched it but I loved it! Mind boggling what those two (Ewan and Charley Boorman) went through! (And the massage scene is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen :giggle: )
Oh and of course the Running To Stand Still scene is awesomeness!)

Exams start today :yikes:

Good luck! Great that you nailed one already. :applaud:

Ali, I hope your brother's job is safe. yikes.

Ta, and Dazz! It's the same old thing, you'd hope his experience in the role would recommend him for re-hiring if it comes to that.

[...] (And the massage scene is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen :giggle: ) [...]

I'm definitely tired... I just read "massage" as "massacre" and did a serious double-take. :lol: :reject:

fiddle-dee-dee!

I remember, my mom used to get these silly gift catalogues when I was a kid. There was a shirt that had a piece of "Tara" stationary on it. It said "If I don't find a dress by tonight, it's CURTAINS for me -Scarlett" :giggle:

That is awesome!!! I'd so buy that :hyper:

I practically have that movie memorized :giggle:I always thought if I had a kid and it was a girl I'd name her Scarlett. I :heart: that name :wink:

That is awesome!!! I'd so buy that :hyper:

I practically have that movie memorized :giggle:I always thought if I had a kid and it was a girl I'd name her Scarlett. I :heart: that name :wink:

:hi5:

Len's sisters daughter is called Scarlett. She is so adorable. :cute: Such a lovely name too. :wink:

I also love that movie too. :shifty::love: Well done on your exam. Good luck with the rest. :hug:

Ali haven't read back to see about your brothers job but hope it stays safe. :hug:

Not sure I"d want a daughter of mine to be named Scarlett - she might take after her namesake too much :no:

I thought about naming my son Atticus after the main character in To Kill A Mockingbird but my son said it was "too much pressure for a boy to live up to" :giggle:

I took my new cargo pants and a dress in to be hemmed. I was trying a new place I heard about on Yelp.

Wouldn't you know it, the owner is from Dublin. :love: We had a grand old time. She said if I went armed with a poem and a song, I'd never have to buy any drinks for myself. She recited Yeats' Innisfree for me, and then we sang a little of Whiskey In the Jar while she was pinning my pants. :lol:

And that I would see tons of people who looked just like me in the west, as apparently I look like I'm more Irish than I actually am.

Yay for nifty little coincidences!

That's awesome, cori! Love coincidences like that.

Holy crap! :lol: Took me 2 viewings to figure out where to look. :yikes:

This morning I had a brainwave about my trip to Seattle for the concert, and I found out that I can take the train for less than the price of a tank of gas! :up: I'm definitely going to go that route, rather than drive the entire way, since I hate driving on the I-5. :lol:

wtf, did some dude run onstage? Yikes.

Looks like it. I was trying to figure out exactly what the bands reactions were. It looks like Larry turns back a moment but then leaves, but I think it's Bono that walks back up and checks out the situation and then leaves last. It seems to be him, plus right before the video ends he grabs for his jacket like he always does.

oh my damn! That's crazy! Yeah, like Thora, it took me 2 views to figure out what we were seeing.

Cori, wish I could have been walking by the dress shop where you and the tailor where singing away! Cute story.

UGH - my son got in trouble at school today - totally his fault - totally knew better. He's gonna be in some serious trouble when he gets home. First time, really.

Oh, and there's an absolute crazy man in my room, changing the emergency lights. He keeps talking to himself and cursing. Like, srsly crazy. Making me a little uncomfortable. And he's knocking stuff over with the giant ladder :facepalm: Where did they get this guy from? :rolleyes:

Uh oh! Hopefully it's just one of those boys will be boys kind of things? I never had boys tho so I dunno! Though a certain Paul Hewson kid did even get kicked out of his school, and he turned out alright. ;)

Well I'm sure you'll set him straight zooey! (Your son, not the Hewson kid. Though he'd be a fun challenge. :shifty: )

I thought about naming my son Atticus after the main character in To Kill A Mockingbird but my son said it was "too much pressure for a boy to live up to" :giggle:
smart kid! :lol::applaud:

I took my new cargo pants and a dress in to be hemmed. I was trying a new place I heard about on Yelp.

Wouldn't you know it, the owner is from Dublin. :love: We had a grand old time. She said if I went armed with a poem and a song, I'd never have to buy any drinks for myself. She recited Yeats' Innisfree for me, and then we sang a little of Whiskey In the Jar while she was pinning my pants. :lol:

And that I would see tons of people who looked just like me in the west, as apparently I look like I'm more Irish than I actually am.

Yay for nifty little coincidences!
:lol: oh great fun, cori!

Uh oh! Hopefully it's just one of those boys will be boys kind of things? I never had boys tho so I dunno! Though a certain Paul Hewson kid did even get kicked out of his school, and he turned out alright. ;)
Uh oh, Little Z! Well, I guess, in one way-- at least it's taken this long for him to do what ever he did. Some kids are so much trouble from early on; though that can be because of a serious or multiple medium-major stressors at one time that is not being dealt with in a supportive/strengthening way, so the child acts out. Also age /maturity of the child plays a part.

And sometimes a parent might not even know of a new type of stressor yet because either it's a new one in their surroundings /or a child comes up with a set of thoughts that made induce upset in them- before they've told their parent. A kid might not even realize it might be good to tell their parent(s). Often all this is depending on the type of family and their singular or various belief systems, and the community just how a child will or will not talk to their parents(s). Obviously then a child's behavior needs to be changed.

Good Luck, ZU! :hug:

Well I'm sure you'll set him straight zooey! (Your son, not the Hewson kid. Though he'd be a fun challenge. :shifty: )
:giggle:

Not sure I"d want a daughter of mine to be named Scarlett - she might take after her namesake too much :no:

:doh:
I meant to say that my HUSBAND said it's too much pressure, not my son. I don't think he'll read that book for another 6 years or so!

:doh:
I meant to say that my HUSBAND said it's too much pressure, not my son. I don't think he'll read that book for another 6 years or so!

:lol: !!! I was thinking that that was awfully insightful for such a young boy!

Thanks Dazzled and Zooey for the 2nd week good wishes! Things continue to be awesome!

I *really* think I'm going to love it - the job itself is so varied, you never know what's going to be thrown at you in a day, and I love work with that kind of variety.

The thing right now is, with what we do, there are a million things to do within larger projects, and with a few exceptions, it's hard to do most of the smaller things without a broader knowledge of the larger, complete projects - how they're done, period, and also, specific knowledge about that specific project/client. (could I be any more vague?). So I did do some things last week, but I finished them all, and nothing new will be starting till over the next few days, so for the past 2 or 3 days, I've mostly been hanging out at my supervisor and co-workers desks, and they're explaining to me what they're doing as they're working. It's been interesting, but also a little frustrating and boring, because I wish I could just jump in and do things now! And with them being without a 3rd team member for the past month or two, they're kind of swamped. I just wish I could help more! Oh well, like I said, I feel like I've learned a lot already, and it's given me the opportunity to ask a ton of questions about things that are normal for the work, but also about unique situations as they crop up. :up:

Personally, all of the people in the place seem great, still extremely friendly, the people in our wider department about 20 or 30 of us, especially so, but I'm sort of in love with our little team of three. :heart: Today we had sort of an intense, unique 'bonding experience,' and I was touched that I was included. They are two very awesome women, on a personal level, and as co-workers/mentors. :)

Now, to remember everything else I wanted to say!

Kristen, glad you did so well on your one exam, and good luck with the rest!

Zooey, O the rabble-rouser. :cute:

Cori, what a cool and unexpected experience with the seamstress!

Amy, how was your son's party?

I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of other things...

Back
Top Bottom