PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just gonna post my favorite Adam smiling moment from around NLOTH and drool quietly in a corner. :drool:

AdamfacepalmMusicOfIreland2009.gif

This one is 1.71 MB, and is maybe 13 seconds long? Really hard to say though because everyone's computer will run at different speeds.

bono-pop-drink-comet.gif~original

I'll check and see if I can figure the size stuff out. PB is routinely turning down almost everything I try to upload that's not a still photo, saying the limit is 500mb or 10 minutes. WTH?

But seriously. Bono was such a pugnacious little m*th@rf%ck#r at that time, was he not?

Cant believe that an Dublin pub ran out of booze :lol::lol:
Well, on their defence, there was like 500 of us who invaded it and it is for 50 ppl max inside, so we drank out on street and they we´re like WTF is going on.

They knew that the game was today, but usually like 50-100 shows up, but as it was Celtic - Liverpool, all supporters are friendly so tend to stay in big groups for the craic :lol::lol:

Took around 30 mins after a guinness lorry arrived and saved us poor bastards :p

I'll check and see if I can figure the size stuff out. PB is routinely turning down almost everything I try to upload that's not a still photo, saying the limit is 500mb or 10 minutes. WTH?

But seriously. Bono was such a pugnacious little m*th@rf%ck#r at that time, was he not?

Yes. Yes he was. :love::drool:

Okay Rhiannon, yes the video is from the 1997 MTV Europe Music Awards, and Bono sang Port of Amsterdam during their acceptance speech. Looks like I deleted it when I went on a delete spree to try to keep from getting banned again, so i will load it to Drop Box for you guys and give you the link. The file is a 29.9 MB mov file, will that be a problem for anyone? I might put it back up on You Tube, I mean there a million videos out there from MTV so it just pisses me off that so many of mine got flagged. :angry:

:lol: YOu drunk Jari you!

It's indeed that show Comet, saw too late you were wondering. :drool: That has the rehearsal video of MOFO, frickin' epic performance that was!

:lol: YOu drunk Jari you!

It's indeed that show Comet, saw too late you were wondering. :drool: That has the rehearsal video of MOFO, frickin' epic performance that was!

Yeah my rehearsal vid is still up, the one I switched the name from kitty cats. :lol: Looks like my original actual performance of Please is still up too and it looks like plenty of people copied it and reposted it after me, because I remember when I posted it it was the only version of it on You Tube. Looks like even Rolling Stone website linked to one of them that someone got from me. LOL, but whatever, I don't own it so it's not like I care or anything. It's just funny to me. :D

The rehearsal vids were shot I believe the day before the actual performance if I'm remembering right. The smoking one is still my fave. :drool: Damn, Bono. You shouldn't be doing that, I do not approve... but.... but... :drool:

Oh man, I haven't seen the rehearsal but that performance is one of my favorites. Edge on that walk-in... what. a. badass. I don't like to use the drooley icon but really the first time I ever saw that I think I did actually drool a little bit.

What's your channel name, Comet? I haven't seen it yet.

Oh and it's popbonobuzzbaby. That's actually my username in a lot of different places, except for here! It would be easier if it was the same everywhere I suppose but too late now! LOL.

There were 3 rehearsal videos. I have them all, but that one was the best.

Oh and it was MB, not GB of course :reject: but still, it was like 4-7 MB for a 3 second gif with the online tool I was using for a bunch of videos from youtube. why is still a big mystery. Got some new headphones from my laptop today so I'll deflower them with the Please rehearsal in a little while. :shifty:

Here's the thing about Bono in the smoking rehearsal. This was a rehearsal, that I'm sure he never thought would see the light of day in any kind of public forum, let alone the world wide internet which was not a whisper of what it is now. He couldn't have had any inkling of what that kind of exposure was at the time this was was shot. So he isn't really performing here. or acting. It's just him being him.

Yeah what CK said... bunks and stuff. :wink: :shifty:

Oh technical gifs talk is just part of it. They are definitely meant to enjoy! :sexywink:
:up:Technical stuff is good.

Okay Rhiannon, yes the video is from the 1997 MTV Europe Music Awards, and Bono sang Port of Amsterdam during their acceptance speech.
Many thanks!

:applaud:Right?! The attitude on that man. In a good way, of course.

Here's the thing about Bono in the smoking rehearsal. So he isn't really performing here. or acting. It's just him being him.

:up: Yup, that's it. It's Bono being Bono. I think that's what makes this such a great performance. A very raw, honest and exposed performance for a very emotional song. Dare I even use the word 'authentic'. Sometimes, imo, the over acting and 'posing' (if you will) gets in the way. In a way, it's the mask removed. That rehearsal for me was a perfect performance.

Thank you for posting it.

The posing was pretty incredible too, though. I mean, for a person who's had as many cheap shots taken at them as Bono, it takes some pretty serious balls to go out every night looking like you're just dying for somebody to try to kick your ass.

So I've apparently decided to revisit some prime fic real-estate. Or rather, my brain has decided for me. Way to kill the time whilst I wait for my mom to call and tell me she's on her way. (We've got a planned shopping excursion to the mall tonight. Just me & her. No kids, no husbands, nada. It's a rarity. :D )

And hoo boy tonight is probably gonna be one of those "stay up and read fic while drinking coffee" nights. I'd forgotten how much GOOD stuff is out there! :drool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: This is why I love you, Dazz. :
aaawww :cute: thank ya CK!

And I about fell outta my chair just now; U2 night at Cleveland Indians stadium on 8/24. Fireworks after the show are set to the band's music.

Upper bleachers are only $10 ea; might need to find a way to plan a day trip...*musing* We could do the R&RHoF, drool all over the Fly leather & Ad's bass; go to the ballgame that night.... :drool:

woah!!!

:envy:

nah not really but wouldn't it BE NICE IF THEY DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT
in YANKEE STADIUM>>>>>>

>>>>:angry::angry: >>>>since THRY SKIPPED IT in the '360 Tour! :sad::sad::angry:

le sigh

:) must leave in a min

go well everyone!

Hi and bye, Dazz!

And I'd love a day trip to Cleveland but argh finances. And lack of sitters. Because as much as I'm eager to take Lil'Miss FroBaby on her first R&R trip, she's only 1 1/2, and she is FAR too young for a baseball game and fireworks. That said, I'm still trying to plan a way to take her up to the Hall. I'd love to see her innocent baby reaction to something as amazing as Ad's PopMart bass and B's Fly getup. :love: Lil' CK was 4 his first trip, so it's not completely crazy....

While digging around and looking for another video for jeevey, I came across a few more gifs begging to be made. :D

I'll be back.

Catching up late here. So the Troo Phans are making fun of a bunch of girls on PLEBA? If obsessing over Bono's hair provides me a respite from my hectic life of Babydom, moving and bills so fucking be it!

And fanfiction gets me through late night feedings.

Back
Top Bottom