PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No critiques from me on the Bono thread- I just wanted to share. Yes, the gifs are working at a reasonable size but I still haven't figure out how to make it run smoothly.

How funny is it that "Is Feminism Relevant?" is dominated by male voices? Do women just not want to discuss in that atmosphere, or what?

Actually I was talking about the "boys" threads, as in Larry and Adam's Pleba threads! Sorry about that. I actually hadn't even ventured much elsewhere, I just saw your posts in those threads. :giggle:

I do understand what you're saying about the other thread though and I agree it's frustrating. I kind of learned a long time ago though that trying to have mature conversations with some of the people on this site is a lost cause. I don't try much anymore.

And that camp sounds absolutely wonderful. :cute: I didn't even know a place like that existed.

You should come next year. It's totally not expensive and very easy to volunteer for free tuition.

But here are the positive images that dominated my week working at an old-timey music camp:

Acres of woods studded with little tents full of people playing tunes, from toddlers with ukeleles and teeny tiny violins to elderly women with dobros and harmonium.

Signs all over made with non-coersive language like, "Did you know most of camp's injuries come from going barefoot? We recommend that you wear shoes!"

A kitchen feeding 300 people four times a day without can opener- literally, a thousand meals a day and nothing out of can.

Young couple alternating between canoodling and hammering out new tunes on their banjos.

Snapping turtles that come up to be fed whenever they see little kids standing by the special turtle-feeding spot.

Two teenage brothers dancing together, practicing all their twirly waltz moves to pass the time before dinner.

A parade of about a hundred people marching around carrying an autistic four year old on their shoulders, playing a birthday tune for him on their mandolins, tubas, fiddles and what-all, carrying streamers and a giant banner reading HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON.

It was nice.[/QUO

This sounds lovely, jeevey!! :love:

I'm so excited. I've never been to a convention of any sort before.

I'm also extremely nervous. :ohmy:

aaawww :hug:tara....you'll both have a great time! It's sometime new, different you could be a little nervous.

We'll want a report, you know.

:wink::hug:

But here are the positive images that dominated my week working at an old-timey music camp:

Acres of woods studded with little tents full of people playing tunes, from toddlers with ukeleles and teeny tiny violins to elderly women with dobros and harmonium.

Signs all over made with non-coersive language like, "Did you know most of camp's injuries come from going barefoot? We recommend that you wear shoes!"

A kitchen feeding 300 people four times a day without can opener- literally, a thousand meals a day and nothing out of can.

Young couple alternating between canoodling and hammering out new tunes on their banjos.

Snapping turtles that come up to be fed whenever they see little kids standing by the special turtle-feeding spot.

Two teenage brothers dancing together, practicing all their twirly waltz moves to pass the time before dinner.

A parade of about a hundred people marching around carrying an autistic four year old on their shoulders, playing a birthday tune for him on their mandolins, tubas, fiddles and what-all, carrying streamers and a giant banner reading HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMERON.

It was nice.[/QUO
This sounds lovely, jeevey!! :love:

Ah I can picture all of this! Vey magical! Thanks for the story jeevy :wave:

GG>>>>>>>

one of the younger girls in our apt building (and i thought it was a superb fake at first :lol: duh) has a bearded-dragon lizard :hyper: It was sort of resting on her upper chest. Sooooo cool!

Not afraid of reptiles, I love :love: them! of course very cautious about poisonous ones

Love this gif, Jeevey!

Got to see Rattle and Hum on the big screen for the first time in years last night! Brought back a lot of fun times seeing the band live. I forgot what a great song Exit is live. Also loved the scene in the church where the band is rehearsing ISHFWILF. The part where Bono is singing into the mic and then that amazing gospel choir joined in blew me away! They were fantastic!

During the interview where Larry is talking about Elvis, Mr. Rhi leaned over to ask how old he was in the film. He said he looked like a kid right out of high school! He really did look like a kid then, didn't he? I was disappointed that the Elvis squirrel footage did not make it into the film. That was just too funny.

Now if one of the theaters would play Red Rocks!

Love this gif, Jeevey!

Got to see Rattle and Hum on the big screen for the first time in years last night! Brought back a lot of fun times seeing the band live. I forgot what a great song Exit is live. Also loved the scene in the church where the band is rehearsing ISHFWILF. The part where Bono is singing into the mic and then that amazing gospel choir joined in blew me away! They were fantastic!

During the interview where Larry is talking about Elvis, Mr. Rhi leaned over to ask how old he was in the film. He said he looked like a kid right out of high school! He really did look like a kid then, didn't he? I was disappointed that the Elvis squirrel footage did not make it into the film. That was just too funny.

Now if one of the theaters would play Red Rocks!

I would LOVE to see R&H on the big screen. That would be amazing. And Larry really did look like a baby, not a man of 27 or so. Watching that movie recently after many years hiatus was really interesting. There were a lot of dynamics that I missed as a teenager, such as the fact that they all seem a little nervous with the gospel choir, and that Edge is a total stress case in the sun studios scene. Also that the female soloist from the gospel choir has a twin singing in the benches!

VG5rqm2.jpg

:wave:

GG>>>>>>>

one of the younger girls in our apt building (and i thought it was a superb fake at first :lol: duh) has a bearded-dragon lizard :hyper: It was sort of resting on her upper chest. Sooooo cool!

Not afraid of reptiles, I love :love: them! of course very cautious about poisonous ones
:love: Awesome! One day I'll have one of my own again, the little guy from years back was really great.

That was a great Abunai convention. But I'm tired as heck. :lol:

There were a lot of dynamics that I missed as a teenager, such as the fact that they all seem a little nervous with the gospel choir, and that Edge is a total stress case in the sun studios scene. Also that the female soloist from the gospel choir has a twin singing in the benches!

:up: I thought they were a lot more relaxed while they were on stage - opposed to the interview segments. It seemed a bit awkward but still fun to watch...Love the whole musical journey scene. I'll have to go back and check out the Sun studio scenes. I can just image how stressful it must've been to be recording in the legendary studio with likes of Elvis, Jerry Lee, Carl and Johnny's memory all over the place. And the fact they worked with Jack Clement. Wow.

Yeah, and they were working with outside musicians doing live takes. I'm not sure if they had done that before. It looks to me like Edge was responsible for creating the arrangement for the horns and organ and getting it recorded properly was his baby.

I couldn't imagine R&H on the big screen....I was a wee thing when it originally was released, but Mr CK went and saw it a few times (he was a teen). I would love to see a re-release...

Heck, I'd be all for places doing a big U2 marathon. Show a bunch of the dvds, show R&H, show U23D, etc etc... :drool:

I couldn't imagine R&H on the big screen....I was a wee thing when it originally was released, but Mr CK went and saw it a few times (he was a teen). I would love to see a re-release...

Heck, I'd be all for places doing a big U2 marathon. Show a bunch of the dvds, show R&H, show U23D, etc etc... :drool:

I saw R&H on an IMAX screen years ago and will readily admit to craning my neck in attempt to see up the hole in Edge's jeans.

Alas, IMAX does not work that way.

And I was eight months preggers with my first when the hubs & I saw 3D on the IMAX. The bairn was rocking & rolling the entire time. :rockon:

I saw R&H on an IMAX screen years ago and will readily admit to craning my neck in attempt to see up the hole in Edge's jeans.

Alas, IMAX does not work that way.

And I was eight months preggers with my first when the hubs & I saw 3D on the IMAX. The bairn was rocking & rolling the entire time. :rockon:

I was 8 mos along with Lil'CK at my first U2 concert. (Pittsburgh during Vertigo)
My doctor was NOT HAPPY with me at all. I was supposed to be taking it easy, not being a level above the stage at a rock & roll show. :lol:
It's no wonder that he is a huge U2 fan and went with us to one of our 3 shows on 360. (We did Tampa, E. Lansing, and Pittsburgh...he joined us in MI)

And between E. Lansing and Pittsburgh, we discovered Lil'Miss had been a stowaway! I conceived before E. Lansing but didn't find out until closer to Pittsburgh. She's gonna be a Bono girl for sure since he rubbed the beginnings of my bump. Although she is SUPPOSED to be an Adam girl ;)

Back
Top Bottom