PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sad: My computer froze for about the last hour and a half and it took all this time to come back. I hate that.

Thora I went to Fisherman's Wharf for about an hour or so too when I went to the u2 show in Oakland. Didn't spend nearly enough time as I'd like to, must go back!

You just know that it´s been a good trip when first thing you do when you wake up is to check on net how the game ended which you were watching in person last night :lol::lol:

:rockon::lock::giggle:

Just some fun stuff. :D
[..]

bono-edge-LNOE-smiles-sm-comet.gif~original

:drool: Purrrrrrrrrrrrr

Couldn't we just cut Larry right out of that thing? He's souring the party with his failure to smile.

Still going guh about the other two, though.

I tried you guys. :wink: (see the smaller version of that gif)
:lol:
Ok I will remake it later, I think I can do something. :hmm:

We need some sullen Mullen though...he's wreaking havoc in EYKIW thanks to some bit about the album being "not quite finished" so the typical response over there is

Personally I think "not finished" means "final mixing" and not "still recording". :huh:

Maybe Bono is still waiting for God to walk through the door. Mwhahaha.

You beat me to it, CK, only in my case God has a wahwah pedal and converse sneakers.

Actually next on my gif list after I get the size business sorted (heh heh) is one of Larry. Remember when he and Bono seduced that poor woman at Graceland into letting him ride Elvis's bike? Swoon, those naughty boys. Does Larry ever get those sweet flashes of smile like he used to do? I remember seeing a bit of it in the Vertigo era I think, when talking with Cat Deeley. God, he was so sweet.

I was just watching R&H earlier this week. I'd swoon with B's arm around me for sure! I all but died of happiness when he gave the beginnings of my baby bump with Lil'Miss FroBaby a pat and rub! Bono. Touching. Me. :faint:
Had it been Adam, I'd have just dropped dead then and there. :lol:

I tried you guys. :wink: (see the smaller version of that gif)

I did notice that, comet, and I give you an A for effort and double extra credit for finding that first smile. Was that from the Last Night on Earth video or some extra footage?

I've been thinking about something for the new album/tour. Have the band members ever each had their own chat threads before? I was thinking it might be fun to have a spot where non-image chatter can go, whether it's about clothes or musical parts or interviews or whatever. Obviously some band members would be blowing through threads like candy, but I thought it might be fun to have a spot for individual love to go once there's enough new material to make it worthwhile.

...you guys...with your gifs...thank you!

life gets so hectic sometimes that my fangirldom is relegated to .5 second clips on forums, but man, am i grateful for those .5 seconds of bliss!

I did notice that, comet, and I give you an A for effort and double extra credit for finding that first smile. Was that from the Last Night on Earth video or some extra footage?

I've been thinking about something for the new album/tour. Have the band members ever each had their own chat threads before? I was thinking it might be fun to have a spot where non-image chatter can go, whether it's about clothes or musical parts or interviews or whatever. Obviously some band members would be blowing through threads like candy, but I thought it might be fun to have a spot for individual love to go once there's enough new material to make it worthwhile.

Clothes. Musical parts. Interviews. :shifty::shifty:
WHY OH WHY AM I LETTING THAT SOUND SO VERY VERY DIRTY IN MY MIND?? Adam. Parts. :giggle: Teehee. :shifty: Oh yeah. That's why.

The gifs are from the 'The Making of the Last Night on Earth video' Video... :shifty: Did that make sense? :lol: I still plan to redo the smile one. :hmm:

I like the idea of the chat thread for each band member. Hell why not? It wouldn't hurt to see what happens! I wonder if they should probably be made here in the Plebans section though instead of regular Pleba? I'm not sure about that but it could be worked out later. But I like the idea. Also I would offer the idea that pictures also be allowed or welcomed, as pictures often fuel the chat, and provide some really great fuel at that. But the thing is, is that the chat is the main idea. This would mean people who are looking just to see band photos could still have the regular pic threads for that, and wouldn't have to enter the chat focused threads at all. Actually, this concept would even work as just one thread for all band members... but hey why not give them all their own at least to start with to see how it goes? i think it sounds like a lovely experiment. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I agree about images and video being welcome. I'd love to see each band member get their own thread so that the rhythm section can get some love without being swamped by Bono n' Edge chat. I can't tell if it should go in the Pleban section or the main PLEBA part. I know I was hesitant to wander in here for a long time, and a more public chat thread might facilitate people getting to know each other. Maybe the mods would have a preference one way or another.

I agree about images and video being welcome. I'd love to see each band member get their own thread so that the rhythm section can get some love without being swamped by Bono n' Edge chat. I can't tell if it should go in the Pleban section or the main PLEBA part. I know I was hesitant to wander in here for a long time, and a more public chat thread might facilitate people getting to know each other. Maybe the mods would have a preference one way or another.

Right, I was thinking that too about the sections: Pleba vs. Plebans. :hmm: But I think it's the PGP thread that is intimidating for newcomers, because it seems really "private" (even though it isn't meant to be!) because we seem to all know each other pretty well (even though we don't! :lol: ). But maybe the fresh start of 4 new band member specific threads wouldn't be as intimidating, because one: They are new so everyone is a newcomer there. And two: People might feel more comfortable joining into a conversation about how much they admire Larry's abs or drumming skillz with other people who are there to admire that exact thing as well. That seems much less intimidating than entering a conversation about the personal life stuff we sometimes get into in this thread. So there would be a spot for everyone really. :hmm:
Agree on the guys having their own threads too, for exactly the reason you mentioned, and also because yeah, I'm really not into Larry's abs. :tongue: So you all can have a ball discussing them to your hearts content and no one will mind! :applaud:

:hmm: Maybe we could have 4 different thread starters to kick it off too. Like someone different to start one for each guy who is their fave :heart:.

I raise my hand to volunteer for the Bono thread. :shifty:

Jeevey you have Edge in the bag, and I think CK should have Adam covered. :hmm:

We'd need a volunteer for Larry. :hmm:

Funny thing is, this really is exactly what went on here in Pleba for years, but a new thread was started each week. (Bono had Leather Day, Edge had Freestyling Friday. Larry was Moob Day, and Adam had ROTFLIDEKWTF day... or something like that. :shifty::wink: Sadly that concept and those threads have died. They dwindled even over the last tour til they are just extinct now. But I think the idea of one ongoing thread that doesn't have to keep starting over every week is the ticket here.

By the way, taken from the forum descriptions at the top of the forums:

PLEBA (84 Viewing)
Talk all you want about Larry, The Edge, Bono, Adam, and Paul McGuinness. This forum is used primarily for posting pictures of the band.

PLEBAns (3 Viewing)
For those that consider themselves part of the PLEBA community, this is for all non-U2 "personal" topics.

I think that right there should answer the question about where the threads should go. I'd say the regular Pleba section for sure. :up:

:hmm: As you can see I keep thinking of ideas for this. :reject: Sorry.

But we could do like we do here in PGP, whoever starts the thread can name it whatever they want, but should also keep a constant identifier in the first part of the title too, to keep it consistent and easy to find. We could do something like, "Bono's Thread: Blah Blah Blah", or "The Edge Thread: Blah Blah Blah" etc...

:hmm: make sense?

Yes to all of that. I really like the concept and am pretty excited about it too. But my other vote is to hang on this idea until we get some definite news about an album one way or another. And then have the base name be something like "Album X Edge Chat: the Goatee is Dead, Long Live the Goatee". Or alternatively, "Four More Years: the Endless Albumless Edgechat"

:hmm: Maybe we could have 4 different thread starters to kick it off too. Like someone different to start one for each guy who is their fave :heart:.

I raise my hand to volunteer for the Bono thread. :shifty:

Jeevey you have Edge in the bag, and I think CK should have Adam covered. :hmm:

We'd need a volunteer for Larry. :hmm:

:reject:I'll volunteer for the Larry position if it's still open! A new thread every week sounds like an amazing idea. And pleaba might come alive a bit more...

Back
Top Bottom