PGP:Ground Control to Major Bummer-The Post 360° Support Group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Technology is fun. My parents' flight from London is supposed to be landing within the next half hour, and I'm tracking their flight online. :nerd: :lol:

Hi. :heart:

I survived.

While the show was amazing, and I'm definitely glad I was there, I will never again go to a U2 show that involves a) driving for more than 6 hours to get there; or b) camping.

An exhausting weekend. Really glad to be home.

Also, we'll see if I'm able to catch up on the thread(s) tonight!

CORI!! Clings! :hug::hug:

Next time, you drive and stay with me. That would have been loads of fun. Glad you made it home after trains, planes and automobiles. And very glad we could meet. There was a girl behind me in GA that remembered my shirt and said, 'you're on the Moncton board....'. They thought we were very entertaining....

I'm talking too much about the weekend. From the drive, to the concert, to the people I met, to the mud, to U2 themselves. He had a bad week last week. He had a tough weekend while i was whooping it up. He's a bitter betty right now.
Aw, he just needs love.... :wink:

oh, and for those not on fb, if I do get the grant I'm applying for and am gone researching in England next year, I was informed today that I probably won't get my job back upon my return. Oh darn. shucks. bummer.

That's a bad thing, yes?

Did you tell them to kiss BOTH buttcheeks?
THIS.

I am ready to put him down and save us both the misery. Tonight, he is Eeyore.
No no, he just needs love!

So, I have the sadz for another reason. 2 actually. I lost 2 special things this weekend. One was a pocketbook. We were waiting to be seated when the strap on my pocketbook gave out. Poor thing. Lasted 10 years with me. Through bars and concerts and everyday use. RIP pocketbook. Second was more tragic. We were listening to my iPod on the way up. On the mad dash to get numbers for the GA line - someone knocked over a soda. It pooled in the little cup holder where my iTouch sat. It is a goner. It's 3 days later and she no turn on anymore. :sad::sad:
Aw, I'm sorry bout your pocketbook... I don't use them, personally... I have a chain wallet (yes, like a guy), and sometimes I use a messenger bag, but mostly just a wallet.

And, I know how you feel about your iTouch! I would absolutely die without my U2iPod.

*pops in*

U2 talk? That's no fun. :( I've gotten that talk from the 'rents before. But they've come to accept and embrace it. :wink: After seeing 2 shows, they pretty much understand.
My parents understand, but they tease. ESPECIALLY my dad... I think he may suspect I have a crush on Bono....

I'm just glad he doesn't suspect my crush on one of his friends :ohmy:

OMG, I just found this in my U2 folder. I had repressed the memory!!!

fuglyling.jpg

:lol:

Hi. :heart:

I survived.

While the show was amazing, and I'm definitely glad I was there, I will never again go to a U2 show that involves a) driving for more than 6 hours to get there; or b) camping.

An exhausting weekend. Really glad to be home.

Also, we'll see if I'm able to catch up on the thread(s) tonight!

CORI! :hug:

OMG, I forgot about this, too!

bonoling.jpg

:lmao:

Yay for Cori being home and Yay for being recognized for online craziness. I remember in Dallas in '09 this couple stopped in front of me and asked "By any chance are you Zooey from Interference?" They were friends of Alisuara (doesn't post here much anymore but an old PGP member) from Australia.

CORI!! Clings! :hug::hug:

Next time, you drive and stay with me. That would have been loads of fun. Glad you made it home after trains, planes and automobiles. And very glad we could meet. There was a girl behind me in GA that remembered my shirt and said, 'you're on the Moncton board....'. They thought we were very entertaining....

:hug: I'm SO glad I got to meet you and hang even a little bit.

Hopefully I will have all my shit together by the next tour and I can go through all this without the physical/mental issues.

I can't believe the group of people right next to us in the pit with the Springhill sign were on the Moncton FB page as well. I can't believe I was dumb enough not to even THINK about asking if they were until I was driving through the endless state of Maine. :doh:

and to answer your question, Tara. It's a bad thing in that I wouldn't have a job when I came home from a year in England. But it's not a bad thing in that the whole point of me going over to England is to give me experience that might help me find a different job. It just makes things riskier. But thanks for caring :hug:

and to answer your question, Tara. It's a bad thing in that I wouldn't have a job when I came home from a year in England. But it's not a bad thing in that the whole point of me going over to England is to give me experience that might help me find a different job. It just makes things riskier. But thanks for caring :hug:

:hug:

Yay for new opportunities, though!

Yep - and I'm kinda not worried b/c I've applied for the grant before and not gotten it, so there's no guarantee I'll get it this time 'round either. I know some ppl who have applied multiple times and never got it and I know one guy who applied EIGHT times and finally got it. :shrug:

Hopefully I will have all my shit together by the next tour and I can go through all this without the physical/mental issues.

I can't believe the group of people right next to us in the pit with the Springhill sign were on the Moncton FB page as well. I can't believe I was dumb enough not to even THINK about asking if they were until I was driving through the endless state of Maine. :doh:

And here I thought we had handily talked them out of showing up early for GA. :shrug: The girl behind me was 311 in line.

And guys, MTV turned 30 today. Thank you for introducing me to the wonder of "Gloria" in 1982.

Video Killed The Radio Star indeed :giggle:

MuchMusic should be close to that old, I should look up the date... (First U2 video I remember seeing was THBAO :))

We had a local video channel that played blocks of U2 videos. That's where I first saw 'A Celebration'. Yep. I'm old.

I don't know if Much ever played that one... I know Friday Night Videos on CBC (VP will remember that show :wink:) never did, at least the ones I watched ;)

JetBlue has free TV at each seat, which kind of rules. And VH-1 Classic aired the first hour of MTV today, ads and technical difficulties and all. That was kind of fun.

zu, that's exciting stuff going on. Although the uncertainty must be a little hairy. (I haven't been able to catch up completely, but got the gist of what's going on. :) )

A stroll through MuchMusic memory lane for VP, when she gets here: Mike&Mike, Terry David Mulligan, Dan Gallagher, Erica Ehm, Master T, Christopher Ward... (all VJs)

A stroll through MuchMusic memory lane for VP, when she gets here: Mike&Mike, Terry David Mulligan, Dan Gallagher, Erica Ehm, Master T, Christopher Ward... (all VJs)

Do you have a link to that Carney twitpic? Someone else mentioned it.

Also - ladies, you like my new avi?

Isn't it just lovely here? :happy: :|

I actually kind of dug driving that long stretch between Moncton and Bangor. Hardly any traffic, lovely scenery .... was doing about 80-85 the whole way. :shifty:

Despite the arduousness of the journey, I really do love to drive. ;)

JetBlue has free TV at each seat, which kind of rules. And VH-1 Classic aired the first hour of MTV today, ads and technical difficulties and all. That was kind of fun.

zu, that's exciting stuff going on. Although the uncertainty must be a little hairy. (I haven't been able to catch up completely, but got the gist of what's going on. :) )

Thx. Yeah. Uncertain, but exciting. But I'm pretty cautious after not getting anywhere last year- but this year I have more feelers out to more opportunities.
:up: Thx for caring :hug:

Looking at this, I just realized a) That's a damn attractive couple, but b) the baby has Edge's eyebrow on the left and mine on the right. That's just creepy.

As sexy as Morleigh is, yes, you two make a smokin' hot couple!

ohai Bono, where ur glasses go? :wink:

I actually kind of dug driving that long stretch between Moncton and Bangor. Hardly any traffic, lovely scenery .... was doing about 80-85 the whole way. :shifty:

I love driving too. I was blasting the Montreal 2 bootleg with the windows down tonight. :reject: :wink: Probably annoyed people in my neighborhood when I arrived home. :lol:

I admit, driving on a long road in Maine is enjoyable. :)

Yeah, 90 was a bit too comfortable. At 10am Friday, there was no one on the road. I did however see bits of something large being cleaned from the TransCanadian Hwy on the way home. *jeebies*

I only saw, I think, two or three cop cars on the drive up and back. And they had already pulled people over!

The border agent going into Canada was funny. When I said I was coming to the country for U2, he rolled his eyes and laughed. "You and everybody else! they've been coming all day!" And then he told me it was three hours to Moncton "but I've been known to do it in two and a half. ..... unless you get caught."

Border agents encouraging you to break the law. :lol: Love it.

On the way back in, I said I'd been at the show, and she asked "Oh, did you get close??'' Ha. I figure she'd been dealing with a lot of fans that morning already. And it was only 10!

Hey guys! I fear I will never catch up on these threads but hi there!!!! :wave: Kristen I did see your post in the last thread about your morning after and getting to the airport from the mud. :crazy: yes we are crazy. We didnt get home from the show until 5 ish the next morning, and by home I mean our crappy hotel room but OMG that was the best shower ever after the mudbath!

I fly home first thing tomorrow morning and it will still be a while before I see everyones pics and get my own posted, but I wanted to leave you all with just one of Chelsea's from Moncton where we smuggled in her big camera. I wish I could post this in the actual size and quality but the file is too big for photobucket so I had to reduce the size way down to about one third the actual size. :lol:

Enjoy :sexywink:

bonomonctoncloseup.jpg

Do you have a link to that Carney twitpic? Someone else mentioned it.

Your av is :heart:

Try driving through the state of Wyoming sometime... now THAT'S fun (NOT!)

Hey guys! I fear I will never catch up on these threads but hi there!!!! :wave: Kristen I did see your post in the last thread about your morning after and getting to the airport from the mud. :crazy: yes we are crazy. We didnt get home from the show until 5 ish the next morning, and by home I mean our crappy hotel room but OMG that was the best shower ever after the mudbath!

I fly home first thing tomorrow morning and it will still be a while before I see everyones pics and get my own posted, but I wanted to leave you all with just one of Chelsea's from Moncton where we smuggled in her big camera. I wish I could post this in the actual size and quality but the file is too big for photobucket so I had to reduce the size way down to about one third the actual size. :lol:

Enjoy :sexywink:

bonomonctoncloseup.jpg

Are you trying to kill me?

Honestly, are you?

Back
Top Bottom