PGP: Going Down Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in a super grouchy mood today. Thank god it's Friday so I get some time off.

I wanted to get tickets to a Canucks event in February, and the presales started today. I'm a member of their fan club and other stuff, so I got several presale codes. NONE of them had seats in the lower bowl of the arena - the best seats available were back in the rafters. No thank you. :tsk: It's so frustrating - what's the fucking point of giving us these presale codes if you don't even put up decent seats for that? I'm going to try in the regular sale tomorrow, and I'll probably have no troubles getting what I want then. It's just so infuriating to think that you have an advantage by being a member of their fan club and so on, and to get absolute bupkiss when it comes to event tickets.

Rant over. :lol:

Sorry you're not getting any good tickets. The exact same thing happened to me when I tried to get my bsb tickets. It can be very frustrating.

Fingers crossed you can get good seats in the regular sale :hug:

:lol:

Didn't see this before I posted my response above. Great minds think alike. :hi5:

:hug: for Thora.

Hey guess what guys...
:shh:

IT'S FRIDAY AFTERNOON
:hyper: :cabbagepatch: :hyper:

We're awesome! :lol:

YAY for Friday!! :D

Just read the tags-- I enjoy the idea of a holiday beanie! Which one shall we ask Edge to wear?

RL+-+Wool+Hat.jpg

or

2135718103_d86b820ea1_o.jpg

Thanks, lovelies. :kiss: I'm just extra grouchy today, and that ticket stupidity didn't help. :wink:

I vote for the tree beanie! :giggle:

Oooh - the tickets for the hockey game next weekend just arrived! :drool: Hopefully we'll figure out who gets them before the end of the day today. :D I did just win something recently, so I might have exhausted my winning quotient for the next few months, but it doesn't hurt to think positively. :D

Well, they just decided how the tickets are going to be given away. We have our staff Christmas party on Thursday, and they'll be a prize at that party. :sigh: :lol: So my chances of winning have severely decreased, but that's okay. I'll definitely be trying to get those that night!

Man, all I wanted to do this afternoon was nap - I'm so tired! I laid in bed for almost an hour and a half and could not fall asleep. I gto close, but sure enough, as soon as I did, the urge to pee was too great. Curse all those fluids!

After two nights sleeping with Benadryl, I hope I'm not dependent on it already!

/pout

But srsly, I'm sorry you can't sing this weekend. What a bummer, after all that practice. But I am glad you feel better. What if you just drink lots of tea with lemon and honey tonight... and you wake up sounding wonderful tomorrow morning?

Thanks. I'm doing what I can, but I have no idea what'll happen tomorrow. I've had colds like this before that pass very quickly but leave me with a whisper of a voice, and colds that pass and leave me with a horrid cough.

Best case scenario, I think, will be that I'm able to stand up there and go through the motions without coughing in the middle of a song, and sing the notes that I can, and not even try to hit the ones that I'm not sure will be there.

Blah. I actually did miss a concert 7 or 8 years ago because I completely lost my voice. I wasn't all that bummed about it because I really hated the music. :lol:

There are a few pieces I'll be really sad not to be able to sing, because they'll be just gorgeous in that church.

BEHOLD MY PHLEGM!

Woe.
:uhoh:Uh.....ah...ummm................

......I'll pass! :yuck::lol:
I am glad you you're feeling better!
You gotta do the best you can taking care of youself, and try to go, but if you don't feel really can't sing well enough...esp if (I hope NOT) it's bad waether.... We want you healthy, cori! {{{hugs}}}

I've been dying to say it since those new pics started rolling out. So I'm just gonna say it and get it over with.
Hey, check out the cock in those pictures.
Sputter Blahahhahahahahaahaaaa
:lmao::lmao:
:hmm: I do believe that particiular slang term has never been used in this iteration of Interland! LOLr/menupop.gif[/COLOR]
:D

Just read the tags-- I enjoy the idea of a holiday beanie! Which one shall we ask Edge to wear?
RL+-+Wool+Hat.jpg

or
2135718103_d86b820ea1_o.jpg
The tree one, definitely :cute:
OMG>>>>YES!!!!!
:lol::cute: adorable!!!! Applause!

I've been dying to say it since those new pics started rolling out. So I'm just gonna say it and get it over with.

Hey, check out the cock in those pictures.

:lmao:

Feel better :hug:

Oh, and 'BEHOLD MY PHLEGM' is officially my new favorite phrase. I will be using it every time I'm sick, so thank you.

Tomorrow is my 5-year anniversary of my first U2 show. :heart:

:love:

My 4-year anniversary of Hawaii is on Thursday :heart:

Sometimes I'm a little slow with technology - I just learned that I can plug my laptop into my new TV and watch stuff on the TV instead of the laptop!

So I just watched the Dexter episode I'd downloaded. :love:

I haaaate watching stuff on my laptop, so this is amaaaaaazing!

:wave::wave:

ah well, i couldn't see UF tonight? :sigh:
...the set was going on later than I thought it would and I either have to wait an 50mins -to an hour after 1:30A to get home by bus or spend car service fare. One major point originally of seeing them in the bar was it was NO Drink min and only 10$ .

I couldn't stock around to say hi even if they finished by 12 AM ish IF they went on at 10:30, but it seemed more likely from a someone who (here on Interland) I think helps with their Website - said it was more likely 11 PM.
That would probaly mean I might also have to leave before their set is over.

I wasn't feeling good at all yesterday caused by on-going phyiscal & emotional stress. I feel much better today, but can't re-strss like that - i need to be somewhere tomorrow and I can't mess up the time to get there - could happen if I overdo things tonight. Been up way too late here too often in past 6 weeks. I have cut back so I can stay up real late once in a while!
Well at least I have a lot of new U2 concert vids to watch/listen to. And I'll pop over at my sis's (away) and BLAST (sort of) U2 music! I have open up a 2nd window and look at melb 2 SLP! Yay!

deeg! How are you feeeling?! How are your wrists ! I read about your sleepwalking <and others> (but signal problems messed with my on-line let alone posting :angry:) ! :ohmy: My sis used to hold some convos and sometimes sit up in bed doing so!
:hug: luckily nothing bad happened to you! :hug:

rebel glad you got your paper done!

VP :hug: how's your poor foot today!

Jem- how are are...hope more improved from your fall. :hug:

K> hope school stuff is going opretty well (at least)! :hug:

Hi, BLP !:wave: Hawaii U2? :drool: wowwwww!

Thanks for the awesome thread title, Zooey! :D :up: It loses nothing for its similarity to another thread, I'm sure. :wink:

Edge really had his SeriousBusiness face on in those "rooster" pics! :ohmy: They all did, but I don't remember seeing Edge with quite that face before. :hmm:

Phlegm is an awesome word, but a horrible substance to live with. Hope you feel better soon, Cori! :hug:

And good luck vibes for everyone studying and writing essays and entering competitions and trying to get tickets... lousy presale tix FTL. :down: :hug:

VP's foot is unwell? :hug:

Last night was a frickin AMAZING show... I dunno if it was the cameras (did I mention it was being filmed?), or if Edge played COBL enough times in the soundcheck to iron out some problem he apparently had on Weds night, or what, but damn. :hyper: They all seemed to have a lot more energy. :D

Now I just have to work out how to get my pics resized and online via someone else's computer...

I've got so much stuff to do... need to pack for Brisbane before Monday, lucky it's only 3 days! But I can't do that until my gig clothes are dry. It' a warm day so that should take about 30 seconds. :giggle:

Yes, I have no objection to some SeriousEdge on occasion... :wink:

How are you Dazz?

disappointed about UF, but love the yarn I bought in the last 2 weeks
omg esp yeaterday. I've never spent $40 on yarn/ $10 the day bofore and 16$ the previous week!
:ohmy: :drool:

this if for like 6 months of crohceting and knitting with a few hopefully a few little gifts as well to make.

beginnng to get over the dragging onb organizing again I wan to decorate by next weekend! ( I keep some stuff up into Mrach till signs of Spring!:love: :lol:

have some art ideas coming up get going on those over this next week.

good stuff :)

Is Ali for realz online right now????

So MrZ and the little guy and I went out to dinner and you'll never guess who was sitting at a table for two in the corner with a lady friend.... TBE! :shocked:
It was HELLA funny b/c he and Mr.Z were dressed shockingly similarly.
And the convo w/Mr.Z was even funnier
Me: Did I tell you about the guy at the gym who looks kinda like The Edge?
Mr.Z: Even more than I do.
Me: You be the judge he's over there. *points out*
Mr.Z: NO WAY!!!!!!

:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom