PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me. I need to make my ROCKO RULES sign for thursday's SP gig. He's their tour manager too. :D

A kid just emailed me about my Gamecube that's on the Dutch craigslist. Asking if he could buy the game itself, but it's a package deal, lol. And now he's asking how much I want the entire thing for, though he has a cube himself. I'm not too hopeful as it sounded like a kid so probably won't have the money, but still. Would be nice to have a little extra spending money as it's getting tight with the less work hours.

At least my boss was less of a jerk yesterday when I came by. I got my hours from wednesday sick early (6-9am) changed to 15-18pm. Still only 3 shitty hours, but at least better than being tired all day and unable to sleep. And he's going to see if he can put me back on sunday. Even though I'm expensive, and he can put 3 15 year olds in my place, they only do regular tasks in the same time while I do it alone, plus I do so much more, and even he admitted that. So perhaps I will get them back. We'll see. In the meantime I'll keep my eyes open for another job. I'd love to work in a pet store or aquarium store.. or music store would be great too.

Perhaps I should get dressed. It's 5pm. I'm supposed to pick up my mom at the tennis court in about an hour. :lol: Wonder how they'd respond if I was in my jammies.

At least I'm clean now. Freshly showered. :wink: Sadly no Irishman in my shower.

Perhaps I should give my fish some fresh water today. :hmm: I have given the new arrivals a week to adjust. It's time to clean for the first time.

Oh you know I do.

Right. I was going to do something useful.

Now then Bono, c'mere you. The hair's getting long. Too long.

Wait, what was I going to do again? :scratch: Darn distracting, that rockstar.

*sniffs air*
Ah yes, you smell nice and clean now Gg. :tongue:

I just made/ate macadamia nut pancakes. :drool: My dad gave me the macadamia pancake mix for Christmas that I forgot about until now. Yum.

Ooh, those pancakes sound delicious! :drool: I never make pancakes for just myself, but maybe I'll do that someday. I'm just going to have bagels and coffee today. :)

I was actually really hungry for a bagel when I woke up but I didn't have any, so I had to resort to making myself pancakes. LOL. The mix is a brand called Kona Coast and it's probably available at any grocery store or maybe like Trader Joes. Every pancake was loaded with macadamia nuts. It's pretty good. :drool:

I just bought more bagels yesterday. :lol: I don't know if we'd have that brand here (we don't have Trader Joe's either. BOOO-URNS!!). I love macadamia nuts, but if I were to have them in pancakes, I wouldn't want them overloading that. Just a few in each pancake would be nice.

Speaking of Trader Joes, I should put a trip to that store on my list of "things I want to buy/stuff I want to do once I have money again" list. :lol: There's one a 45 minute drive away from my house (plus I'd have to cross the border into Washington), and I haven't been to one in months.

I love Trader Joes but I rarely go anymore. I'd just spend too much on food I really don't NEED like nuts and candy and just all kinds of stuff. I really don't know if that's where the mix came from, just a guess. It's possible it just came from any grocery store. The nuts in the pancakes were just pieces and for me it was just the right amount and not too overpowering! But I do love macadamia nuts so I'm sure that's why.
I grew up on them fresh from the tree. My grandparents were from Hawaii (well my dad too, they moved to CA after HI became a state and they became US citizens (I think :der:)) and my grandpa's yard here was filled with Hawaiian trees and plants. We would pick and eat macadamia nuts, and also my favorite was sugar cane. He'd chop a stalk down for my brother and I and he'd peel the tough bamboo like outer stalk so we could have the soft sugar center. Holy crap that was amazing! :drool:

/soft sugar center is not a pervy pleban statement. :shifty:

I was actually really hungry for a bagel when I woke up but I didn't have any, so I had to resort to making myself pancakes. LOL. The mix is a brand called Kona Coast and it's probably available at any grocery store or maybe like Trader Joes. Every pancake was loaded with macadamia nuts. It's pretty good. :drool:

World Market (which I don't have here anymore :grumpy: ) also has some great pancake/waffle mixes. I picked up a few sweet potato mixes when I was in LA last month. They were ok, nothing special, but I did notice a bunch of other stuff. I miss that store. Closest one to me is 4 hours away in Wisconsin :angry:

and since we're sharing our breakfast menus from today....I had Golden Grahams with a cinnamon raisin english muffin. :drool: Haven't bought cereal in a long time but I randomly went down the cereal aisle at the grocery store yesterday so I picked up a box. Yummy.

I love Trader Joes but I rarely go anymore. I'd just spend too much on food I really don't NEED like nuts and candy and just all kinds of stuff. I really don't know if that's where the mix came from, just a guess. It's possible it just came from any grocery store. The nuts in the pancakes were just pieces and for me it was just the right amount and not too overpowering! But I do love macadamia nuts so I'm sure that's why.
I grew up on them fresh from the tree. My grandparents were from Hawaii (well my dad too, they moved to CA after HI became a state and they became US citizens (I think :der:)) and my grandpa's yard here was filled with Hawaiian trees and plants. We would pick and eat macadamia nuts, and also my favorite was sugar cane. He'd chop a stalk down for my brother and I and he'd peel the tough bamboo like outer stalk so we could have the soft sugar center. Holy crap that was amazing! :drool:

/soft sugar center is not a pervy pleban statement. :shifty:

Oh wow, that's cool! :up:

I had sugar cane a few times as a kid. I remember it felt really weird to be gnawing on what looked like a stick. :lol: Granted, it was very tasty, but a stick nonetheless. :lol:

World Market (which I don't have here anymore :grumpy: ) also has some great pancake/waffle mixes. I picked up a few sweet potato mixes when I was in LA last month. They were ok, nothing special, but I did notice a bunch of other stuff. I miss that store. Closest one to me is 4 hours away in Wisconsin :angry:

and since we're sharing our breakfast menus from today....I had Golden Grahams with a cinnamon raisin english muffin. :drool: Haven't bought cereal in a long time but I randomly went down the cereal aisle at the grocery store yesterday so I picked up a box. Yummy.

Mmm... cinnamon raisin! :drool:

Cinnamon raisin bagels are my favorite. I like to just eat them plain by themselves when they are soft and fresh baked. :drool: (I know I'm a bagel snob, but I can't eat packaged bagels from the store, I must have them fresh from a bakery.)

Fresh is ALWAYS best! :up: I buy mine from a specialty bakery, because I'm a bread snob too. I will buy things like bagels, scones or other pastries from time to time, because I'm too lazy to actually make those myself. :lol: I do use my bread machine all the time for loaves of bread, though. Bread snobs, ftw! :hi5:

Lol, my dad is so delusional. According to him the worldwide best known bassline is from the Bodyguard by Paul Simon. And Graceland is the best album ever.

I don't think the rest of the world agrees with that. At least not those under 50. It may be a good album but I highly doubt many people my age even know it.

:D :up: bread snobs.

We have a small mom n pop bread bakery nearby too that I have to consciously keep my distance from, because I will sit down and eat an entire round loaf (that must weigh 10 pounds LOL) of their apple walnut bread all by myself. :drool:

Don't have time to catch up, but I thought I'd drop this little tid-bit off. The last part of my 4 Day Weekend of Awesome was the bike race/scavenger hunt/obstacle course. now I'm off to take a nap and then go for a swim since it's 78F and not a cloud in the sky. :wave:

photo-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom