PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carling Cup final

Cardiff - Liverpool :applaud:

Awesome! I think I mentioned that the LA Galaxy is in town here for 2 weeks. Apparently, Beckham went to the edge of the field on Wednesday night after the game and fans came down and he signed autographs for about 30 minutes! We were gonna go to that game but got tix for next weekend instead.

OM NOM NOM! :drool: Damn, that's a big one! :lol:

Speaking of lobster, I was watching the Food Network the other day, and it was a show about food carts. There was one in NYC that they featured, and they do all seafood. They had a lobster roll for $27! :ohmy: :lol: It looked amazing, although that's a little too steep for my budget. :wink:

I'm dying to go back to House of Blues for their lobster mac n cheese. I'll bet you could do it at home though. But damn it was good. :drool:

Numbers are for suckers... unless they're inches, or miles

I know what you mean. Years ago for my high schools 20 year reunion I whipped myself into the best shape of my life. Worked out 1 hour a day (light weight and cardio and other stuff) every day for 3 months straight, I even had a slight 6 pack!) but I didn't lose a single pound. I felt AWESOME though.

I'm dying to go back to House of Blues for their lobster mac n cheese. I'll bet you could do it at home though. But damn it was good. :drool:

I'm sure I could! :) The combination seems a bit weird to me, but it's worth a try someday. Lobster was on sale last week, but I didn't buy it. Even though it was very affordable, I can't justify the expense right now, since I'm carefully watching every penny I spend.

I'm glad it's the weekend. I don't have any plans, but I'm glad I don't have to think about looking for work for a few days and just relax. :)

Lobster mac n cheese sounds so freakin' good! I had lobster pasta last weekend - it was delish.
Here's where I was today:
IMG_2377.jpg

Oh, that's beautiful!! :love: I can't wait until the weather gets better, so I can be outside more.

And speaking of nice weather, had I not lost my job, I would have been on my way to Phoenix right now. :sigh: As soon as I get a job and have been there for a few months, I'm definitely going to take a long weekend and go somewhere warm.

Oooooooh, Zu, that place looks gorgeous. I want to go there! Glad to hear you had a good day and a good hike!

:hug: to Grace, too. I hope your day/weekend gets better.

OMG, so I was just going thru the grocery store flyers online, since I'm making up my shopping list, and sometimes I'll plan my meals based on what's on sale that week. Anyway, I was just clicking around, and all of a sudden saw this:

bonosquid.jpg

:laugh: Awesome!! I don't know how to cook squid, but I'm VERY tempted to buy that when I'm at that particular store.

:lol: That sounds very interesting! If you ever do buy it and figure out how to make it, let us know how it turned out.

(There are soooooooo many jokes involving Bono and food and eating that could be made here...)

I had been planning to go out this morning, but I looked out my window and it's snowing like crazy. :huh: Didn't see THAT coming! It doesn't look like it's sticking, and now that I've looked at the forecast, it's supposed to stop/melt by this afternoon. I'm going to delay my shopping trip for a few hours, I think. :lol:

Smart move. I have a friend who's like that, too, she gets really paranoid about driving in snow. She's supposed to go down to Des Moines this weekend to see her brother, and they've been calling for snow off and on throughout the week for Sunday. So much as I love snow, for her sake, I hope it's dry this weekend when she travels.

It snowed here last night and today, too. Didn't get dumped on or anything, but our town is covered in a nice little amount of white. And it's very windy and getting chillier.

Oh, man, I love Google sometimes.

I was just looking for a picture of BB King so can make a graphic to celebrate Tallulah's diabetes being better (just got back from the vet), and I found this:

Bono+B+B+King+Thelonious+Monk+Institute+Honors+ZH5vOkPmM2tl.jpg

If I had those two standing over me like that, my face would be almost identical.

First off, hooray for Tallulah! Happy to hear that news :).

Second, oh, god...yeah, echoing the others, put me in BB's place and I'd kind of have a massive mental freakout and a really dopey smile on my face. That's a great picture.

Oh that's right, Thora. You were s'posed to come down here for a hockey game. :sigh: Maybe next year...

I hope so! There are huge rumours that the team is going to be sold to a better hockey market, so who knows if the team will even be there next year. Even if that does end up happening, it won't change my plans to come out to your area of the world at some point. :) It's funny - one of my random friends is there right now, and is going to the game that I would have been going to. :lol: Oh well!

:lol: That sounds very interesting! If you ever do buy it and figure out how to make it, let us know how it turned out.

(There are soooooooo many jokes involving Bono and food and eating that could be made here...)

Smart move. I have a friend who's like that, too, she gets really paranoid about driving in snow. She's supposed to go down to Des Moines this weekend to see her brother, and they've been calling for snow off and on throughout the week for Sunday. So much as I love snow, for her sake, I hope it's dry this weekend when she travels.

I think I am going to buy it. I love seafood, and I'm going to do some research tonight to see what I could make with it (probably calamari or something). :lol: And yes, I could make a variety of jokes as well, but I'll refrain. :wink:

It ended up turning to rain, thankfully, so I was able to go out to meet my dad. I didn't go grocery shopping, though. I'm saving that for tomorrow. :)

I hope so! There are huge rumours that the team is going to be sold to a better hockey market, so who knows if the team will even be there next year. Even if that does end up happening, it won't change my plans to come out to your area of the world at some point. :) It's funny - one of my random friends is there right now, and is going to the game that I would have been going to. :lol: Oh well!

The desert is not the greatest place for hockey! I always wanted to go to a game when I lived in Phoenix and most of my friends were like "we have a hockey team?!?" :der: My sister and I lived together down there and she always got free tickets for sporting events from work. Or course she never could get tickets for when the Wild came to town. :grumpy: We went to to other games (and other sporting events) but it's always fun to see your hometown team on the road. We were able to get football tickets for when our Vikings played but nothing for the Wild. I'm not huge into hockey, especially on TV, but I really love to go to the games.

The desert is not the greatest place for hockey! I always wanted to go to a game when I lived in Phoenix and most of my friends were like "we have a hockey team?!?" :der: My sister and I lived together down there and she always got free tickets for sporting events from work. Or course she never could get tickets for when the Wild came to town. :grumpy: We went to to other games (and other sporting events) but it's always fun to see your hometown team on the road. We were able to get football tickets for when our Vikings played but nothing for the Wild. I'm not huge into hockey, especially on TV, but I really love to go to the games.

The only hockey game I've ever watched was a UofA IceCats game in 1995 :reject:

I know! It makes NO sense at all. :lol: Some of the decisions Gary Bettman's made are just baffling. I feel bad for the few diehard fans there, because I just don't see the Coyotes lasting much longer in that city. It's gotta be hemorrhaging money.

I mean, it's a GREAT place to travel to (for those of us in a much colder climate), and there are always good deals that I see advertised. Whenever my team plays in Phoenix, more than half the arena is filled with our fans. :lol:

That's on my list of things to do before I die - see a Canucks game in a different city. When the schedule came out I was debating between Florida & Phoenix, because those are the warmest places. This upcoming game would have been perfect for my work schedule (had I not ended up getting laid off), but I'm going to have to wait until next season to plan a hockey road trip. It's all good - it will happen someday! :)

The only hockey game I've ever watched was a UofA IceCats game in 1995 :reject:

I used to work for a company that took us to one hockey game a year...center ice right on the glass. That's the only way to see a hockey game! They would smash up against the boards right in front of us :drool: Super expensive tickets so it's pretty doubtful I'll ever see a game like that on my own. I'm really just into football for sports but I do love a good hockey fight every now and then :)

I know! It makes NO sense at all. :lol: Some of the decisions Gary Bettman's made are just baffling. I feel bad for the few diehard fans there, because I just don't see the Coyotes lasting much longer in that city. It's gotta be hemorrhaging money.

I mean, it's a GREAT place to travel to (for those of us in a much colder climate), and there are always good deals that I see advertised. Whenever my team plays in Phoenix, more than half the arena is filled with our fans. :lol:

That's on my list of things to do before I die - see a Canucks game in a different city. When the schedule came out I was debating between Florida & Phoenix, because those are the warmest places. This upcoming game would have been perfect for my work schedule (had I not ended up getting laid off), but I'm going to have to wait until next season to plan a hockey road trip. It's all good - it will happen someday! :)

you'll see them someday! Life can change in a minute. I never thought I'd see the Vikings in another city either because I never thought I'd live in another state other than MN. But when opportunity knocks you just have to go for it. My sister started asking sales reps for Viking/Cardinals tickets almost a full year before our game. We didn't even find out we were going until 2 days before the game. It was super exciting to arrive at the stadium and see sooo much purple in the crowd :drool:

We have hockey rinks on virtually every corner around town in the winter so naturally the Wild have a huge following because hockey is pretty big here. But I just don't see desert boys having much interest in something like hockey to want to play it or see a game. But I could be wrong. Some of my cousins that were born and raised in LA have season tickets to the Kings.

I used to work for a company that took us to one hockey game a year...center ice right on the glass. That's the only way to see a hockey game! They would smash up against the boards right in front of us :drool: Super expensive tickets so it's pretty doubtful I'll ever see a game like that on my own. I'm really just into football for sports but I do love a good hockey fight every now and then :)

Nice! :up: The closest I've ever been for a game is the 9th row, which is still pretty good. I've had front row for fan events (practices, skills competitions), but it's obviously not the same as a real game.

My grandpa used to have club seats in the 13th row. I remember the very first hockey game I went to - it was absolutely incredible. We got to eat dinner in the fabulous club restaurant, and we had drinks and treats brought to us while the game was going on. It was pretty ritzy! :lol: What a way to begin going to hockey games! :wink:

The only sport I like is soccer. I'll tolerate basketball, but I hate all the celebrity/politics/hype that goes along with it. I love pro soccer.

I think I am going to buy it. I love seafood, and I'm going to do some research tonight to see what I could make with it (probably calamari or something). :lol: And yes, I could make a variety of jokes as well, but I'll refrain. :wink:

Go for it :up:. Let us know how it turns out.

Hehe. Let's hear it for dirty minds :D.

It ended up turning to rain, thankfully, so I was able to go out to meet my dad. I didn't go grocery shopping, though. I'm saving that for tomorrow. :)

Ah, well, that's good, then. Glad you got to go see your dad.

Good morning sleepy kittehz! I'm off for my mountaing biking adventure, and then to pick up my packet for my race tomorrow... and then back home to get ready for my husband's birthday party! Good times ahead! Just have to make sure I don't drink too much tonight, or that race tomorrow will SUCK!

Flowerpot kitty's my favorite :heart: and guitar kitty

:wave: have fun, zu!

My morning's all pancakes and Radiohead and too cold and windy to go outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom