PGP-Forget Doctor McDreamy! We need an Irish doctor! STAT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drea said:
I didn't get to see or hear any of it - just pics and a clip of Streets afterward :sigh:

"Bit about Adam"?

Bono was talking about how there had been a death threat against him for Pride, and he was waiting to be shot at...and he looked up, and Adam was standing between him and the audience. He literally was ready to take a bullet for Bono.

:adam: :heart:

Drea said:
I didn't get to see or hear any of it - just pics and a clip of Streets afterward :sigh:

"Bit about Adam"?

the story about Adam standing in front of him, ready to take a bullet if someone tried to shoot bono for singing 'Pride: in the name of love' when they were campaigning to make MLK's birthday a holiday - it was a very real threat, and the way Bono tells the story, you can just totally picture Adam standing there in front of him like some kind of defiant uber-hero :love:

Diane I loved that part of Edge's too :heart: And wasn't Bruce just great? Just fantastic. I called my mom in Hawaii and told her that he was so great that she better get her butt back up to the hotel and watch the rerun so she was sitting in the room all day watching :lol: And SG I loved Larry's too! I loved everything :lmao:

sami0201 said:

They didn't do Streets :hmm: I think they did UTEOTW, ISHFWILF, and Pride.

I don't remember exactly but Bono talked about how when they were campaigning for MLK day, Bono got a serious death threat once and the police wanted him to cancel the show but he refused. During the show he was onstage singing Pride and he thought to himself that if anything was going to happen, it would be during that song. So he leaned down like on his knees or something, and he looked up and Adam was standing in front of him. :heart: And Bono said something like "that's what it means to be in a truly great rock band".

Then it would've been ISHFWILF, I'm thinking of the one they did with Bruce :)

Oh, that concert in Arizona *:heart: Adam* No matter how wild he was, I think that says a lot about the man he is :heart:

Absolutely, Drea :heart: I love Adam's complexity; and I think he's a truly good person (I think all of them are, part of why they've done well and why people love them so much)

And I agree, I loved all of their speeches that night

Adam saying that music, his bass, and the band 'Saved my ass' :cute:

:lmao: Well this is a first... I'm not allowed to log out! :lol:
Everytime I press log out, I get a page telling me that the page I'm trying to reach doesn't exist... :lol:
Gonna try again tho... :lol:

do any of you listen to modest mouse? my nephew loves them and he keeps talking about them - the only song I know by them is 'Float on' ... I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of good songs to Download so I can decide if I want to buy some of their CD's or not

Sad_Girl said:
do any of you listen to modest mouse? my nephew loves them and he keeps talking about them - the only song I know by them is 'Float on' ... I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of good songs to Download so I can decide if I want to buy some of their CD's or not

We have their CD Good News for People Who Love Bad News. I like it a lot! You should d/l Ocean Breathes Salty :drool:

Bri!!! :hug: :heart: Sounds like you really enjoyed the convention :)

Back
Top Bottom