PGP: For GG, I love Blow Pops....just sayin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this thread is all about the POP, but can you imagine if THIS were a POP picture?
*would not survive it*
Ok I'm out for a while! :wave: be good. :lol:

BonoPinewood1992.jpg

Galeongirl said:
Yes. And it should be punished. :tsk:

:mac: By putting him in a room with all of us.

That might kill him.

I have a PM to owe you. Blue Crack app is not letting me access my messages. :fist:

I'm at MICA (Maryland Institute College of the Arts) and I'm majoring in illustration...if I can do this buggering painting assignment without currently having paints or knowing anyone who has them : /

:love: illustration!!!!!!!

a wee bit envious.... i'll get over it...... :D Since it was my own darn fault! : (

I had a choice between 2 schools back in 1970. Maybe 3.

1> The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art:
very prestigious Engineering, Science, Archtitecture school; but I got the opinion that it wasn't as pretigious in the Art section.
Looking back now I think I was probably :huh: wrong-o as we had some Major Artists teachng there: Poons, Wolf Kahn :ohmy: ghads cant remmeber anyone else at the moment (will look up!) And my Sculpture teacher was one of the pioneers in using plastics in Sculture!

And we in my Lithography Printing (I think that's not quite the name for it) we went to a Printing Shop who did among other things books and pamphlets for The Met (Musuem)! Either in hid class another we got to visit Herb Lubalin's Typepography Design Studio!

Also free tuition wehad to pay back then about a student fee of ?150$ plus our supplies. It was also fully accreditied as a College which my dad kept on about being a prestgious chool easier to get work etc. He went there for a whie, and one of my aunt/uncle pars went there - he for engineering or science she for art.

>2 The School of Visual Arts: This was a ?non-accreditied so not a college back then Art School; illustration, Cartooning, Graphic Design, ?Photography, and some Fine Arts. But it turned out a lot of good to excellent peopel in the commercia art field!
Later on it restructured, and added other clsses so I think it's a fully accreddited college now thought it still call itself by it's old name.

I (was on a list after whoever first turned them down) was offered a full scholarship !!!
I love/d sculpture, drawing, painting and illustration. The problem was I was in the the middle at that point in my life on the continium of being between beng hip and square.

Visiting the schools; SVA looked like all hip teens, while Cooper seemed to be more of a mix. So beween the preisteige factor, and the mix of kinds of students I picked Cooper.
I remember bout 5 years later when I was freelancing for a Assisant Art Director friend at Schoolastic :heart: Magazines as his 2 weeks/month Paste/Up & Mechanicals person with a bit pf Design thrown in...... he says to me ... "I wish I had gone to SVA" ....I said...."yeah, me, too." LE Sigh. But considering my psychological state at the time maybe I woud have flunked out.

I might have been accepted at Pratt Art School , too. Not sure. But no scholarship there, and my parents couldn't afford it.

I had 2 great Art History classes at Art School. I also went to Art HS which I had mostly ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzFEST Art History Classes ! :crack: LOL
:hug: Good luck on your assignments!!!
[/B]

Gonna minor in creative writing too. The only real problem is being able to concentrate on this art history text, which I've got...eh...2 weeks for, but another assignment from art history due the day before, and figuring out how much time it'll take me to buggering paint.

that's great! :hyper: Espcially either if you ever want to Write And Illo CHildrens' Books OR write/Illo Picutre/Text books that also appeal very much to adults! Look up Van Alsburg and one other <look up>

Aw, I missed Dazz. She's always on when I'm on the train!
Waves! I feel loved! :hug:

: sigh:

I just had a lame dinner of supermarket fushi*

*fushi - fake sushi made with either vegetables or imitation crab. Not considered authentic sushi
Aaaawwwwwwww

omg! Fushi! lol (never heard tht term before!)

Here's to the Real Deal in your nearby future!

Fushi sounds sad indeed...it also sounds like a condensed version of 'fucking sushi !'

I had weird sausage and some cookies for dinner.

It's college, obviously..
LOL an experession for those who HATE Sushi obviously...
.. as in.....
" Oh, mannnn, that place served almost nothing but fucking sushi!"
: D

and don't forget Ramen Noodle Packs! LOL

Because of my dad's job we got to test market Pop Rocks before they were available to the public. We said they were totally gnarly and gave them the thumbs up. Thank you. *takes a bow*

:eek:hmy : whut?

:shifty :

I claim the right to remain silent on this. : wink:
LOL & LOL

Isn't that the role of elders? To corrupt the youth?

more LOL!

So, we're watching the Disney version of Annie. My daughter loves musicals. And the song NYC comes on. So, I'm croaking along and I say to my daughter, "This is my favorite song."

She says, "Is this U2?"

What a smart cookie. :lol:

:applaud:!!!

Hi Dazz!

OOooo, how the hell did I manage to forget Zoo TV Bono? :reject:

Oh, but this cements my choice

bonohappynlothomg.jpg

2011 Leather Bono :drool:

I haz Memory and Speed Reply! :wink:

:hmm: JT Bono woud be my #2 coice and if not spltting up Zoo-TV and Zoorpoa Bono, Leather 2011 Bono would be my quite happy to have #3. or Zooropa Bono woyld be my #3, thenLeather 2011 Bono #4.

oh, yeaaaaash, :drool:Leather 2011 Bono IS a fine lookin' man! :D

Fine, then I will have to share Pop Bono with GG. If I can't then I take 2000 Bono before Elevation when his hair was fluffy and short still.

All my LJ avi's are Red Sox. We'd won the World Series and I was proud as punch. Last time I posted in LJ? July 2009. Yikes.

OH EFF MY LIFE.

The child is in absolute freak out mode over going to her grandparents. We are headed to the Cape for Labor Day weekend and she was :panic: but with wailing.

Tonight or tomorrow, I need to find a dress for a wedding. Last thing I want to do is try in on clothes tonight.

Fine, then I will have to share Pop Bono with GG. If I can't then I take 2000 Bono before Elevation when his hair was fluffy and short still.

All my LJ avi's are Red Sox. We'd won the World Series and I was proud as punch. Last time I posted in LJ? July 2009. Yikes.

OH EFF MY LIFE.

The child is in absolute freak out mode over going to her grandparents. We are headed to the Cape for Labor Day weekend and she was :panic: but with wailing.

Tonight or tomorrow, I need to find a dress for a wedding. Last thing I want to do is try in clothes tonight.

Red Sox, ftw! *loves them, but not as much as she loves the Cubs* :shifty:

And, why is she freaking out over that, if I may ask?

Tara, damned if I know. She's three and as rational as a rabid pregnant woman. She's fine for now.

I heard girls get their first push of hormones at 2-3 years old which makes them moody with poor language and coping skills.

Tara, damned if I know. She's three and as rational as a rabid pregnant woman. She's fine for now.

I heard girls get their first push of hormones at 2-3 years old which makes them moody with poor language and coping skills.

Oh, that explains the childhood of the female species so very well.

Too bad those damn men are still a complicated mess of "Beer, football, American football, baseball, more beer"

Back
Top Bottom