PGP: Fishing for a new thread title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All winter I've been whining for snow and ice. And on the day I'm fleein the country for snow there's a fucking blizzard happening? :lol: What the fuck weather, wtf?

:uhoh: I'm going to Amsterdam at least two hours in advance. Not gonna risk the Failtrain on a day like this!

Thanks JJ. Hope I will. For some reason I've got this dreadful feeling last night that I can't shake. It's like something's going to go wrong. Probably just nerves because I've never done this before, but still... it nags.

Though I'm sure it'll be gone when I hit the bus. The snow out here is beautiful! :love: And in the alps there'll be 1M of snow! Fucking GODlike.

ClaytonsKitten said:
Oh, and if anyone here has the Rockabye Baby cd of the U2 "lullabies", I'd love it sent to my email aj.clayton1@gmail.com

We've been looking for it in the stores here with no luck...and I really hate to pay shipping charges for ONE little cd. :doh:

I have it. Not sure how to upload it and email it but I can burn you a copy and mail it to you if you want?

Alrighty. Glad to see you're starting her off early

Oh but of course! Mr CK and I have 'accidentally' indoctrinated our kids while still in the womb, since I was 8 1/2 months along with Lil' CK when I saw the Vertigo tour, and FroBaby was blessed by Bono giving my belly a rub in Pittsburgh this summer (it wasnt even much of a bump then! :cute: ). So it is not surprising at ALL that Lil' CK is a huge fan already, and odds are his sister will be as well once she arrives.

The lullabye cd didnt exist when Lil' CK was a baby, but he used to sleep to the Zooropa album of all things. :lol: (And a lot of Pink Floyd as well...) And one of the local radio stations was notorious for playing U2 songs in the middle of the night. I almost ALWAYS heard WOWY, SBS, or NYD while doing a 2am feeding or pacing the floor with a fussy child when he was teething.

You guys, I can't believe I forgot to post about this here!

The company that I won my snazzy Rattle and Hum(p) shirt from agreed to let me host a giveaway- the winner can pick any shirt in stock from their site, and they currently have like 6 different U2 shirts! :drool:

I'm not promoting this giveaway much 'cause I'd rather have one of my friends win than some random stranger, so there aren't many entries yet!

Giveaway is here:
Straight On Till Morning: Slingshot T-Shirts Review & Giveaway!

ok,I know we're a northern country,but on sunday it's gonna be -37C.:crack:Too much even for us.:no:

I was digging in my harddrive and stumbled on something I had saved from somewhere.
It's a list of four personalities according to Elizabethian theology.The Talker,The Doer,The Watcher and The Thinker. I think it describes our four lads to a T. According to this theology,these four personalities are working best when together.Ain't that right!

:edge:
Perfect Personality
"The Thinker"

Emotions
Deep & thoughtful
Analytical
Serious & purposeful
Genius prone
Talented & creative
Artistic or musical
Philisophical & poetic
Appreciative of beauty
Sensitive to others
Self-sacrificing
Conscientious
Idealistic

As a parent
Sets high standards
Wants everything done right
Keeps home in good order
Picks up after children
Sacrifices own will for others
Encourages scholarship & talent

At work
Schedule oriented
Perfectionist, high standards
Detail concious
Persistant & thorough
Orderly & organized
Neat & tidy
Economical
Sees the problems
Finds creative solutions
Needs to finish what is started
Likes charts, graphs, figures, lists

As a friend
Makes friends cautiously
Content to stay in the background
Avoids causing attention
Faithful & devoted
Will listen to complaints
CAn solve others problems
Deep concern for other people
Moved to tears with compassion
Seeks ideal mate

:bono:
Popular Personality
"The Talker"

Emotions
Appealing personality
Talkative, storyteller
Life of the party
Good sense of humor
Memory of color
Physically holds onto listener
Emotional & demonstrative
Enthusiastic and expressive
Cheerful & bubbling over
Curious
Good on stage
Wide-eyed & innocent
Lives in the present
Changable disposition
Sincere at heart
Always a child

As a parent
Makes home fun
Is liked by children's friends
Turns disaster into humor
Is the circus master

At work
Volunteers for jobs
Thinks up new activities
Looks great on the surface
Creative and colorful
Has energy & enthusiasm
Starts in a flashy way
Inspires others to join
Charms others to work

As a friend
Makes friends easily
Loves people
Thrives on compliments
Seems exciting
Envied by others
Doesn't hold grudges
Apologizes quickly
Prevents dull moments
Likes spontaneous activities

:larry:
Powerful Personality
"The Doer"

Emotions
Born leader
Dynamic and active
Compulsive & need for change
Must correct wrongs
Strong willed & decisive
Unemotional
Not easily discouraged
Independent & self-sufficient
Exudes confidence
Can run anything

As a parent
Exerts sound leadership
Establishes goals
Motivates family to action
Knows the right answer
Organizes household

At work
Goal oriented
Sees the whole picture
Organizes well
Seeks practical solutions
Moves quickly to action
Delegates work
Insists on production
Makes the goal
Stimulates activity
Thrives on opposition

As a friend
Has little need for friends
Will work for group activity
Will lead & organize
Is usually right
Excels in emergencies

:adam:
Peaceful Personality
"The Watcher"

Emotions
Low-key personality
Easy-going and relaxed
Calm, cool, & collected
Patient, well balanced
Consistent life
Quiet but witty
Sympathetic and kind
Keeps emotions hidden
Happily reconciled to life
All-purpose person

As a parent
Makes a good parent
Takes time for children
Is not in a hurry
Can take the good with the bad
Doesn't get upset easily

At work
Competent & steady
Peaceful and agreeable
Has administrative ability
Mediates problems
Avoids conflicts
Good under pressure
Finds the easy way

As a friend
Easy to get along with
Pleasant and enjoyable
Inoffensive
Good listener
Dry sense of humor
Enjoys watching people
Has many friends
Has compassion and concern

That's cool. :up:

I'm DEFINITELY the Thinker. :lol: Every single one of those things is exactly me. I also have a bit of The Watcher, but most definitely more of a Thinker.

And since Adam is a watcher...

adwatch.jpg

:giggle:

Yes,I'm a Thinker too. And the first thing that jumped to my mind when I read "likes to watch people",was that exact photo of Adam:lol:
And on Thinkers "as a parent"-I can so visualize Edge running after his kids,picking up toys:cute:

That photo used to get a LOT of action back in the PGP heyday. :wink: I couldn't resist. I like to bust it out every now and then just for the laughs. :D

You guys, I can't believe I forgot to post about this here!

The company that I won my snazzy Rattle and Hum(p) shirt from agreed to let me host a giveaway- the winner can pick any shirt in stock from their site, and they currently have like 6 different U2 shirts! :drool:

I'm not promoting this giveaway much 'cause I'd rather have one of my friends win than some random stranger, so there aren't many entries yet!

Giveaway is here:
Straight On Till Morning: Slingshot T-Shirts Review & Giveaway!

:hyper:

*enters*

Wow, that list of personalities is most definitely our boys.... :ohmy:

I'm supposed to hear back today from the company I met with on Wednesday. I jump every time the phone rings or I see I have a new email in my inbox. I'm not dealing with my impatience very well today. :lol: I've got just under 4 hours before the end of the working day. I really hope they don't wait until the last minute, because I don't like this stress. :zen:

Thora, I'm panicking today too, which leads to procrastination about what I'm panicking about, which leads to panic... which leads to... :rolleyes:
you get the picture.

On the upside, even if i don't get this fellowship, I found a cool 4 day training I can do this summer, which will make me more marketable in my next career move. And I also found out today, my program was nominated for this theatre festival in Scotland!!! It's ultra competative and would mean raising bajillions of dollars (it's about $6K per kid) but we'd take a show to Scotland and stay at the theatre festival for two weeks in the summer of 2013! How cool would that be!?!?!?! :hyper:

Wow! I just discovered that FTSD is running on art movies in here.It's been included in to the program of a film festival. Also I found out that Killing Bono was also shown as a part of big annual festival in january. I find it so cool that organizers have included those to their programs.:up:

Thora, I'm panicking today too, which leads to procrastination about what I'm panicking about, which leads to panic... which leads to... : rolleyes:
you get the picture.

On the upside, even if i don't get this fellowship, I found a cool 4 day training I can do this summer, which will make me more marketable in my next career move. And I also found out today, my program was nominated for this theatre festival in Scotland!!! It's ultra competative and would mean raising bajillions of dollars (it's about $6K per kid) but we'd take a show to Scotland and stay at the theatre festival for two weeks in the summer of 2013! How cool would that be!?!?!?! : hyper:

How cool?

oh about cool x's a gazillion or so.... wow! :love:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wow! I just discovered that FTSD is running on art movies in here.It's been included in to the program of a film festival. Also I found out that Killing Bono was also shown as a part of big annual festival in january. I find it so cool that organizers have included those to their programs.: up:

Wow! :hyper: lucky.

:waiting: I don't think I've seen it advertised here AT ALL since it debuted at the festival! :angry: AND i read enough types of
newspapers to see the Art House Movie Theaters ads every week !

And I means this is NYC for life's sake!!! :grumpy:
Where is the (U2) love???!!??? :angry:

:wink:

extra GOOD LUCKS for thora and zu! :hug::hug:

CK, glad you feeling a bit better! :hug:

aaawww GG got her snow ! Have a great trip!

have to leave :(

hopefully see you all for a bit tomorrow! :wave::heart:

oh, and JJ the .... Aurora Borealis YT Vid = :heart::drool::heart:
sooooo majestic, magical, magnificent et al :) THANKS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom