PGP: Eating a sandwhich while It tries to break free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still awesome. :D

Are the cats doing any better today?

brb, dropping off my parents at the tennis club. That's what I meant yesterday with taxi service. :wink: At least I get the car to go to karate tonight!

Great. I have a phone stalker. :| Throughout the day I've been getting calls from an anonymous number. if I answer, it's short silence and he hangs up. Now later today when I stopped answering the anonymous calls I've been called by a cellphone no I don't know and when I answered there was some dude I couldn't understand saying his name in very bad Dutch... then he hung up. Phone's been ringing twice since. Wtf? :|

Great. I have a phone stalker. :| Throughout the day I've been getting calls from an anonymous number. if I answer, it's short silence and he hangs up. Now later today when I stopped answering the anonymous calls I've been called by a cellphone no I don't know and when I answered there was some dude I couldn't understand saying his name in very bad Dutch... then he hung up. Phone's been ringing twice since. Wtf? :|

Don't pick up the phone for any number you don't recognize. Can you block calls from your phone? If the same number keeps coming up (I don't know if you can actually see the phone number listed, or if it's just the name that's anonymous), just block that number. If you can't block calls, just ignore the phone. Hopefully they'll give up soon.

I didn't have call display until I started getting harassing calls from a telemarketer. Then I got it so I could avoid picking up the phone when they called, and eventually they stopped calling me.

Sorry about that. That's got to be annoying. :hug:

Don't pick up the phone for any number you don't recognize. Can you block calls from your phone? If the same number keeps coming up (I don't know if you can actually see the phone number listed, or if it's just the name that's anonymous), just block that number. If you can't block calls, just ignore the phone. Hopefully they'll give up soon.

I didn't have call display until I started getting harassing calls from a telemarketer. Then I got it so I could avoid picking up the phone when they called, and eventually they stopped calling me.

Sorry about that. That's got to be annoying. :hug:

I'm not picking up anymore, that's for sure. But when it was a number I had to, cause it could've been someone from work. I'm trying to figure out how to block the number, cannot find the setting. My mom once accidentally blocked my number with her phone and mine is more recent so it should be possible. I haven't had a call in fifteen minutes, so I guess that's a good sign..

:crack: A telemarketer harassed you? Uck that sucks. How long did it take for them to give up?

Ha, if they do it again in half an hour I'll just let my Karate teacher answer the phone. :lol: That should scare them off, he's a really big guy with a very low voice.

I'm not picking up anymore, that's for sure. But when it was a number I had to, cause it could've been someone from work. I'm trying to figure out how to block the number, cannot find the setting. My mom once accidentally blocked my number with her phone and mine is more recent so it should be possible. I haven't had a call in fifteen minutes, so I guess that's a good sign..

:crack: A telemarketer harassed you? Uck that sucks. How long did it take for them to give up?

Ha, if they do it again in half an hour I'll just let my Karate teacher answer the phone. :lol: That should scare them off, he's a really big guy with a very low voice.

Would someone from your work leave you a voicemail? Could you just call them back right away? At least there hasn't been a call in a while - that's good.

Yeah, it was SO ridiculous. They had called me originally, and asked if I would take a 3 question survey. I was in a kind mood that day, so I said sure. I answered the questions, then they asked for my name. I thought for a second and said to just put me down as Jane Doe. The girl did NOT like that. I refused to give them my name, and said just use Jane Doe. She kept going on and on about how she couldn't get credit for the survey if I didn't give her a name. I told her that Jane Doe WAS a name, and I refused to give any other name except that. She got increasingly pushy, so I hung up. A few minutes later she calls me back and DEMANDS to know my name. That freaked me out, so I hung up. I got ANOTHER call from the girl's supervisor, telling me I need to give them my name. I told them that I sure as hell didn't, and to stop calling me. They called again and I hung up right away, called my phone provider and set up call display. They called again and once I knew what the number was, I never picked up a call from them again. I think they gave up after a day or two more of them calling me 2-3 times throughout the day. :crack: I was SO pissed off at them. I tried to get them to tell me their company name so I could report them for harassment, but of course they wouldn't. I even googled their number, but nothing came up. That was a few years ago, and now that I have call display I never pick up the phone unless it's a number I know. :tsk: :lol:

Most don't leave voicemails, that's the problematic part. So I usually have to pickup. And last night I got called by a guy from karate who had an anonymous number as well. So it's confusing.

:crack: What the? That sounds pretty insane. Why did she need that name so badly? That's ridiculous. Glad they stopped calling, that's insane harassment!

I do have call display as it's on my cellphone. I'm not gonna answer that number anymore.

What I'm creeped out about is, how the F did this guy get my cell number?

Most don't leave voicemails, that's the problematic part. So I usually have to pickup. And last night I got called by a guy from karate who had an anonymous number as well. So it's confusing.

:crack: What the? That sounds pretty insane. Why did she need that name so badly? That's ridiculous. Glad they stopped calling, that's insane harassment!

I do have call display as it's on my cellphone. I'm not gonna answer that number anymore.

What I'm creeped out about is, how the F did this guy get my cell number?

Ahh, that's understandable.

I have no clue why she wanted my name so badly. And wtf is wrong with accepting Jane Doe?! :fist: I wish I had been able to find their company name because they were totally harassing me. Frigging bastards.

Maybe the dude has the wrong number, and he's thinking he's calling someone else? I once got a number of calls in a row from some woman who didn't speak any English. I tried to tell her that she had the wrong number, but she didn't understand. She even left me a voicemail! :lol: It sounded like it was an emergency, so I felt bad that she was panicked and unable to get a hold of the person she wanted to, but what could I do? :shrug: I seem to have a knack for attracting the crazies on the phone. :lol: It's been a while since something like that happened, thanks to now having call display on all my phones... :lol:

ETA - see you later! :)

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it was. I originally saw it on Twitter.

a hilarious reminder isn't a bad thing ;)

yeah, just ignore it, it'll go away! i at least hope so! they are annoying! or yeah, just block it! but can be just some random dude who just simply doesn't understand that it's the wrong number!
here such people tend to harass you all day long because they are plain stupid or have language barriers; and the bank with stupid offers and yeah, usual commercial offers...
that's part of why i hate phones :) usually nothing good comes from there!

Would someone from your work leave you a voicemail? Could you just call them back right away? At least there hasn't been a call in a while - that's good.

Yeah, it was SO ridiculous. They had called me originally, and asked if I would take a 3 question survey. I was in a kind mood that day, so I said sure. I answered the questions, then they asked for my name. I thought for a second and said to just put me down as Jane Doe. The girl did NOT like that. I refused to give them my name, and said just use Jane Doe. She kept going on and on about how she couldn't get credit for the survey if I didn't give her a name. I told her that Jane Doe WAS a name, and I refused to give any other name except that. She got increasingly pushy, so I hung up. A few minutes later she calls me back and DEMANDS to know my name. That freaked me out, so I hung up. I got ANOTHER call from the girl's supervisor, telling me I need to give them my name. I told them that I sure as hell didn't, and to stop calling me. They called again and I hung up right away, called my phone provider and set up call display. They called again and once I knew what the number was, I never picked up a call from them again. I think they gave up after a day or two more of them calling me 2-3 times throughout the day. :crack: I was SO pissed off at them. I tried to get them to tell me their company name so I could report them for harassment, but of course they wouldn't. I even googled their number, but nothing came up. That was a few years ago, and now that I have call display I never pick up the phone unless it's a number I know. :tsk: :lol:

now that's a scary thing... i wonder how can they even expect someone to help them to fulfill their survey if they are SO pushy and demanding! Ridiculous! i imagine if there really would have been a girl actually named Jane Doe on the phone - try to explain them that this is the name! they don't believe it!
ugh... such phone calls are irritating!

damn, my eyes are all too tired of watching the computer the whole week! bummer... should give them more rest! so i'll be here and there..

Glad you got Cricket off the roof, MTE. :hug: Did it happen at night?? That must have been fun. :no:

GG, Max seems to be doing really well. Toby is...being Toby. Eating, drinking, sleeping, and stealing my seat. I'm waiting for him to have one of his twice daily episodes of the crazies.

I don't even know for sure if he ate the string, or if he did, if it was last night, or days/weeks ago. I'm just putting two and two together, but I guess I could be wrong? I just know the stick was pulled out, a bunch of the string that should have been on there was missing, and what was left was wet. And, he's had a bit of diarrhea. Beyond that... :shrug: :crazy: Thanks for asking. :hug:

I put up my Christmas tree :reject:

*double shun*

:lol:

I had to go work at reception for a few minutes the other day, and the receptionist already had the Christmas tunes playing. :| I turned it off. :lol: I did turn it back on when she came back, but I can't stand listening to Christmas music and seeing places all decorated this early. As I was driving home the other night I saw a house with the lights up and on already. :lol: :grinch: I do love Christmas, but can't stomach it until after US Thanksgiving. :)

But if it makes you happy, that's great. :D

Ahh, that's understandable.

I have no clue why she wanted my name so badly. And wtf is wrong with accepting Jane Doe?! : fist: I wish I had been able to find their company name because they were totally harassing me. Frigging bastards.

Maybe the dude has the wrong number, and he's thinking he's calling someone else? I once got a number of calls in a row from some woman who didn't speak any English. I tried to tell her that she had the wrong number, but she didn't understand. She even left me a voicemail! :lol: It sounded like it was an emergency, so I felt bad that she was panicked and unable to get a hold of the person she wanted to, but what could I do? :shrug: I seem to have a knack for attracting the crazies on the phone. :lol: It's been a while since something like that happened, thanks to now having call display on all my phones... :l ol:

ETA - see you later! :)
It's really strange. Maybe you should've just made up a random name to get rid of them. :crack:

I thought it was like that, but if I answer my phone with just hi, he still hung up. That's the weird thing.. though I guess if you expect a dude, when a girl picks up it's wrong. But still. Quite rude he can't just say wrong number. :doh: Oh that sounds like crap too, probably cause she was so paniced she dialled wrong or something.

At least he hasn't called again. Thank god.
Glad you got Cricket off the roof, MTE. :hug: Did it happen at night?? That must have been fun. :no:

GG, Max seems to be doing really well. Toby is...being Toby. Eating, drinking, sleeping, and stealing my seat. I'm waiting for him to have one of his twice daily episodes of the crazies.

I don't even know for sure if he ate the string, or if he did, if it was last night, or days/weeks ago. I'm just putting two and two together, but I guess I could be wrong? I just know the stick was pulled out, a bunch of the string that should have been on there was missing, and what was left was wet. And, he's had a bit of diarrhea. Beyond that... :shrug: :crazy: Thanks for asking. :hug:

:cute: Toby still sounds like a great kitty. Well if it's just natural string he could've just eaten it and he'll poop it out soon. That happens a lot, they either go out the proper way or they throw it up. Glad to hear Max is doing good too!

god i hate the icon limit so much! I have to edit almost every frickin post!

:cute: Toby still sounds like a great kitty. Well if it's just natural string he could've just eaten it and he'll poop it out soon. That happens a lot, they either go out the proper way or they throw it up. Glad to hear Max is doing good too!

Thanks. :)

Synthetic string can come out, too. He ate an elastic-y kind of string from one of their toys when he was about 6 months old, and he threw it up a day or two later. I don't really think it matters what kind of fiber it is, it's just if it gets caught on anything on the way through.

I'm off to get hairball paste now. I hate to leave him, but the vet said I should be giving it to Max, and probably the rest, too.

:wave:
Tour starts again in 13 days. Time to get active again. :reject:

Only 226 days until Michigan. :cute:

oh, Adam's kitty-cat :wave:
woohoo... again i didn't have to do the countdown til new tour leg myself!!! thanks for informing :)

It's especially annoying when you're multiquoting. :grumpy:

i know... sometimes the limit is already full by other peoples smilies and I can't even add any of my own anymore... so that's why I'm mostly cruel and editing smilies out of other peoples texts :D yeah, I'm that bad! :lol:

Thanks. :)

Synthetic string can come out, too. He ate an elastic-y kind of string from one of their toys when he was about 6 months old, and he threw it up a day or two later. I don't really think it matters what kind of fiber it is, it's just if it gets caught on anything on the way through.

I'm off to get hairball paste now. I hate to leave him, but the vet said I should be giving it to Max, and probably the rest, too.
Then it probably stuck in the stomach cause it was synthetic. Lucky he coughed it up again. :)

:uhoh: How exactly do you give them that paste? Just rub it on the tongue or something? Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom