PGP - Dreams are Even better than the real thing? Roll on 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evening's okay - got the house to myself (well, the little guy's asleep). Gonna do some art in a bit. You?

And yeah, it's hottern'hell here - gotta get going by 6am for my ride tomorrow or I'll just melt into a puddle of sweat.

6 am - :yikes:

I'm okay now, thanks. After my rant in here a couple of hours ago, I told Sarah I was off for the rest of the night, anything else could wait till tomorrow. Poor kid only wanted some laundry done, but like I said, hot and bitchy here, esp after running errands this afternoon. We actually do get along amazingly well, for two people who have been practically joined at the hip for nearly 3 months now. :lol:

Aw, mama needs some time - totally get it!

Who else is in here besides you and Drea and I? There are two others lurkin'... :shifty:
eta: DG's on a date, she better not be lurkin' in here!

Aw, mama needs some time - totally get it!

Who else is in here besides you and Drea and I? There are two others lurkin'... :shifty:
eta: DG's on a date, she better not be lurkin' in here!

If I were on a date with someone and they were texting/posting? It'd end very quickly. That's a dealbreaker.

The last guy I was seeing, to his credit, he was very good about that. He never texted and only rarely took calls when we were together.

^ I'm not going to the spa in Anaheim. My friend and I are going to a resort in Phx, AZ INSTEAD of going to Anaheim to meet a bunch of U2 fans when there's no concert to go to. There will be much shopping and many margaritas.

I guess three of the girls who couldn't change their flight plans are going to a spa in SoCal on Sunday the 6th, I think.

If I were on a date with someone and they were texting/posting? It'd end very quickly. That's a dealbreaker.

The last guy I was seeing, to his credit, he was very good about that. He never texted and only rarely took calls when we were together.

She did send me a pic of the two of them last night :cute:

NO, NOT one of those pics! :lol:

^ I'm not going to the spa in Anaheim. My friend and I are going to a resort in Phx, AZ INSTEAD of going to Anaheim to meet a bunch of U2 fans when there's no concert to go to. There will be much shopping and many margaritas.

I guess three of the girls who couldn't change their flight plans are going to a spa in SoCal on Sunday the 6th, I think.

Ooh, sounds great! I bet you'll miss meeting up with the others, though. :(

She did send me a pic of the two of them last night :cute:

NO, NOT one of those pics! :lol:

Lol, she e-mailed it to me tonight.

I think being anal about texting while dating is probably a generational thing. I'm not tied to my phone the way a lot of younger people are, because I'm used to not being in contact with the outside world while I'm out. :shrug: I hardly use mine for talking when Sarah isn't away at school...we share 200 minutes a month and have never come close to using them. Besides keeping in touch with Sarah, I tend to text more than talk.

I was really bummed about not going to Anaheim until about 2 days ago - I really love Ethan and Nic and there are others that I was excited to see again, or meet for the first time. And I LOVE being social, parties and such, and my social circle here is pretty small. So I was looking forward to the party. But it'll happen. And my BFF and I will have an amazing time too.

Mr. Z is so jealous of the place we're staying, he's made me promise to book us (he and I) a night there in July! :love:

And I know what you mean about texting. The people I text most are my friends under 30. They're also the ones who have no qualms about someone texting someone else in the middle of a conversation. They don't see is as rude at all. Very interesting, these younguns :wink:

:lol: !!!!! Exactly. Although one of my bffs told me the other night (while calling my landline, as old folks are wont to do :cute: ) that she'd just learned how to text, cracked me up.

Do you have to deal with it much at school? This other site I lurk on has several high school teachers, and they say cell phones make it hellish, now.

Yeah - bugs the crap out of me and every other teacher i know. My dad's school has managed to block the signal of most cell phone companies on school grounds.

I think I'm gonna step away from the computer and into my new beautiful art magazine full of lovely and fun ideas using equipment I'll never be able to afford or use properly :drool:

Bugger. I step away for a bit to watch Brent Spiner acting for three and take a shower cause Data and especially Lore are just damn creepy that episode and I miss everyone.

On the plus side, I worked out a plot for a fic. Not the sci-fi comedy one, though. Sorry, Drea.

So I spoke too soon. Not going anywhere beyond a few makeout sessions.

He's not a bad person, we just want different things. I hinted at going to dinner Tuesday night and he was like, "Oh I don't do weeknights." Then we had the talk. I flat out said to him that if I was going to a bar, I wouldn't be looking to meet anyone else. He didn't say the same to me and said he didn't want a relationship. Then he asked me to come back to his place. Ummmmmm yeah I'm not looking for hookups. And I said that to him, that I liked him and that's why I wasn't going back to his place. He didn't walk me home this time.

I'm more pissed off at myself for thinking he'd be different. :sigh: Oh well.

So I spoke too soon. Not going anywhere beyond a few makeout sessions.

He's not a bad person, we just want different things. I hinted at going to dinner Tuesday night and he was like, "Oh I don't do weeknights." Then we had the talk. I flat out said to him that if I was going to a bar, I wouldn't be looking to meet anyone else. He didn't say the same to me and said he didn't want a relationship. Then he asked me to come back to his place. Ummmmmm yeah I'm not looking for hookups. And I said that to him, that I liked him and that's why I wasn't going back to his place. He didn't walk me home this time.

I'm more pissed off at myself for thinking he'd be different. :sigh: Oh well.

:( :hug: :hug:

I don't know what to say. That's why it's best to get to know the person before you get too attached. Not that that's any consolation. But on the bright side, you were brave enough to have "the talk" early, and now you know what he wants, and you can decide whether or not you want to be a part of that.

:hug:

The one thing though - if you do decide to keep seeing him, accept what he says at face value, and accept that's all it'll ever be. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can change his mind, or that as he gets closer to you, his mind will change on its own. Does. Not. Work. That. Way.

On the bright side - at least he was honest?

Bleh. I read something the other night about how dating in your 20s now is like this huge series of hookups, and the best that you can hope for is that one of them will "stick."

Not that it's any different for my age group. People just seem so damn cynical.

Exactly. He was honest, which I appreciate instead of him stringing me along. I don't dislike him, like I said, I'm more angry at myself for thinking that it would be something more. And he's not going to change. So meh. I didn't know him long enough for him to hurt me.

Ugh, I did the hookup thing where I gave myself to a guy for no reason whatsoever. Never. Again. Me=picky. :lol:

On the plus side, I got a few free drinks?

Exactly. He was honest, which I appreciate instead of him stringing me along. I don't dislike him, like I said, I'm more angry at myself for thinking that it would be something more. And he's not going to change. So meh. I didn't know him long enough for him to hurt me.

Ugh, I did the hookup thing where I gave myself to a guy for no reason whatsoever. Never. Again. Me=picky. :lol:

On the plus side, I got a few free drinks?

Free drinks are good. :hi5:

This is probably best saved for an e-mail, but meh, I'm tired and lazy...but it really, really is great that he was honest. Truly it is, a lot of guys wouldn't have been. But don't fall into the trap of allowing that to justify bad behaviour, either. Bob was honest with me. I appreciated that, and always said "hey, he cares enough not to lie." And so I excused a LOT more things than I should have, and for way too long. Lesson learned. But I won't do it again. You shouldn't either, you deserve better. :hug:

Well, I don't know where things are headed. I'd guess nowhere fast. I don't take things lightly when it comes to guys and I've become really picky when it comes to who I go out on dates with. And him not walking me home after I wouldn't hook up with him? Not cool. :| Seriously, be a gentleman.

You're right, that really isn't cool. It's like, your safety was an issue last night when there was still the potential for a hook up, but not tonight, when there wasn't?

It isn't cool at all. Like I'd have a slightly bigger chance of calling him if he had walked me home tonight.

It was! Totally douchey!

Just be glad you found out early (and go you for broaching the subject, and not waiting for him!) and chalk it up as a learning experience. We've all been there. :hug:

I need to get to bed now, night! :kiss:

Wow chatty tonight :D

Just got home from work.

I dunno how to quote from other threads so I'll answer your questions here.

To Jem: Yes I'm still alive, just barely though :lol: Like Wild said, I squeeled really loudly in the break room and I had to tell everyone why :wink: They all thought I was crazy.
Then at the end of my shift I was thinking about U2 and Larry and elevators and hotels (cough from a certain Wild L and B story cough) and I actually broke a coffee pot because I wasn't paying attention :lol:
My co-workers think I'm insane, and I love it!!! Muhahahahaha

Drinks at that bar are a MUST for next summer....and some crazy pics *not like I'll be stroking the elevator buttons or anything* :shifty:

:lol:

What if we go there and LMJ is staying there :evil:

Back
Top Bottom