PGP - Dreams are Even better than the real thing? Roll on 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last tour, the Toronto shows, it was the beginning of the 3rd leg. We had tickets to all four shows. The day after the first show was an off day, when they generally rehearse to work out first show bugs at the beginning of each leg. So Sarah and I went down to the ACC early in the afternoon. We waited by the VIP entrance to the underground parking. There were like 6 or 7 of us in all, the rest of them were U2 GTAers. Edge and Adam came in first, I can't remember the order, but they just slowed down and waved. So we were all excited, waiting for Bono, figuring he'd be most likely to stop. The next one to come in was Larry, and they drove down into the parking garage...but then the venue security guy (who had been there all along) got a call on his walkie talkie, and he told us to stand back up on the sidewalk, and that Larry would be up in a few minutes. It was SO unexpected, I think we were all stunned. :lol: And then he came up. Holy shit, he looked amazing. :drool: I hated his hair last tour with all that gunk in it, but he didn't have it in then, it looked so blond in the sun. And he was wearing a white button down shirt. He posed for pictures with all of us, and signed autographs. He seemed quiet, but really friendly, like he didn't mind being there at all. He was about to leave, and I said to him that he hadn't posed or signed for Sarah yet...she was all shy and hanging back :cute: And I said it nicely, I asked if he'd get a pic with her, and he was all "oh, sure!" So he did. And he was all smiley, we all said thanks, and then he went back down to the parking garage. Once he was out of earshot, we all freaked the fuck out. :lol:

Oh yeah...duh. Bono came in about half an hour later. The suv stopped, he rolled down his window and said he was late (shocker! lol) but that he would be out after rehearsal that night if we wanted to wait at 8 o'clock. We debated (not! lol) and then figured sure, we'd wait. I think it was more like 10 when he came out, but it was AMAZING. Probably around 25 people or so by that time, but he spent time with each of us. :heart: And Edge stopped then, too! It was SO chill and casual. I feel so lucky.

VP's Larry meeting :love:

OK fine VP, he's stupid, annoying, not funny, not cute, totally rude, etc.

Except he's the total opposite. :shifty:

Hi Dazz! :hug:

OK meeting boy nao. Byeeeee

very sweet VP:hug::hug:

yeah, the ones on wheels! this way since i have the long hallway... i can have it at night n my bedroom, then roll it in to the living room, and where i do my art & craft stuff).

with something like an a/c i just woudn't want to have a used one.unless like in your offer free...if something went wrong-o.... I feel better with a new one.

tho if my sis doesn't lend me the $ then craig's list might be my last resort. But since i have been saving something for it-- I think that will have her be okay about it.

I'd do my best to have it on as little as I could manage.... but when I draw esp as a left-hander i could be dripping on and smearing the work :scream:
And i can't afford to get serious insomnia from the heat!

From what I know of ACs, if the person who is selling it can turn it on for you and you can feel it blowing cold (not vaguely cold, but real cold), it's fine...not completely risk free of course, something could go wrong after you buy it, but that's not usual. And, you could probably buy four or five used ones for the price of a new one, so generally, it's worth the risk.

You had to remind me?? :sad: I didn't get greeted with "hello", I got "You just missed Larry!" :notbitteratallreallyhahaha:

At least I thought of you. :p :wink:

THIS.
:applaud::lmao::heart ::lmao ::applaud :

I didn't catch all the details last time!
What a great story, VP!:D:hug:

:lol: I love this! Totally would have done the same thing! :D

Seriously did NOT expect that the first member of U2 I'd meet would be Larry. :lol:

VP's Larry meeting :love:

OK fine VP, he's stupid, annoying, not funny, not cute, totally rude, etc.

Except he's the total opposite. :shifty:

Hi Dazz! :hug:

OK meeting boy nao. Byeeeee

That's better. What a jerk. :up:

:wink:

Night Kristen!

Bahahaha. I have to laugh or else i'll cry.

I just noticed a typo in a U2.com email that announced the SLC show as June 3rd 2011.

Haha, that's funny. So funny.

Don't worry. I don't believe me, either.

:hmm: I'll have to think it over.... and discuss it , VP!

SO when was it when you got to ?..... hug Bono in his leather jacket? :sniffle:

-----------------------------
as for me.......
I KNOW some people would say...... aw, c'mon already!

But after getting closer and closer ( in the crowd of fans and :madwife: e-bayers ) seeing Bono a bunch of times now, and finally getting to meet him {March :heart:2009} I still haven't been :grumpy: close enough to see his blue eyes!

*Sends Kristen some U2/larry meeting luck!*

Back then it was just another U2.com fail and therefore hysterical. Now, not even close to funny.

:hmm: I'll have to think it over.... and discuss it with one of my fixer-upper friends. thanks for he suggestion< VP!

SO when was it when you got to ?..... hug Bono in his leather jacket? :sniffle:

I KNOW some people would say...... aw, c'mon already!

But after getting closer and closer ( in the crowd of fans and :madwife: e-bayers ) seeing Bono a bunch of times now, and finally getting to meet him {March :heart:2009} I still haven't been :grumpy: close enough to see his blue eyes!

*Sends Kristen some U2/larry meeting luck!*

That was that night. :) And I can still feel that jacket under my fingers, oddly. And when I see pics of him in it, I get geekily excited. :lol: That was the only time I've really tried to meet him. I almost feel like nothing could measure up to that, so why bother? It was just a very, very lucky circumstance, being a non-show night, and not that many people there.

In Chicago, I was like a foot or two away from him through a fence, but didn't really have any contact beyond that. Going out of my way to meet him now isn't a huge priority for me, I'd rather other people who haven't had the chance to before meet him.

No matter how many times I see it, Data going on auto-pilot freaks the living hell out of me.

Seriously did NOT expect that the first member of U2 I'd meet would be Larry. :lol:

Edge was the first one i met--- he got out of his car on the last NYC post 9-11 show (very cold & windy- esp after 3 previous straight days of ?about mid-60's sunny weather in Late Novemeber) -- around 2 am . All the others had whizzed by in their vans and not really looking out. there were only about 5 of us from original 25 earlier.... I had total brian -freeze ofcold nd SHOCK that he stopped so I didn't even say thank you till some one else did.:reject:It was very :heart:sweet of him.

That's better. What a jerk. :up:

:wink:

:lol::wink:

ah well..... i def will be trying to get a look at those beautiful blue eyes in 2011.
last march he was about 4 or 5 ft away....
but i can understand why you feel nothing could measure up to that experience.

most of the times it's been at night sfter the shows(or the Late Night TV -conan/DL SNL) when i've seen them. Larry I got close enough to see his eyes. AND another time I was way farhter away but I got to see Larry smile.

I made Edge really smile once.....:heart::drool:Sooooo cooool! ANd his accent I guess since it's a bit of a mix? Wales & Irish...oooooo wow!

Edge was the first one i met--- he got out of his car on the last NYC post 9-11 show (very cold & windy- esp after 3 previous straight days of ?about mid-60's sunny weather in Late Novemeber) -- around 2 am . All the others had whizzed by in their vans and not really looking out. there were only about 5 of us from original 25 earlier.... I had total brian -freeze ofcold nd SHOCK that he stopped so I didn't even say thank you till some one else did.:reject:It was very :heart:sweet of him.

:lol::wink:

I'd actually love to meet Edge again. Mostly because I was on cloud 80 million after meeting Bono, and because Edge came just a couple of minutes later, I literally don't remember any of it. :reject: The only way I know I did is because there's a picture out there of him holding my print, with my hand in it. :lol: And I absolutely love that man, in a very platonic way. Adore him. So, I'd love to meet him again, and Adam for the first time.

I'd actually love to meet Edge again. Mostly because I was on cloud 80 million after meeting Bono, and because Edge came just a couple of minutes later, I literally don't remember any of it. :reject: The only way I know I did is because there's a picture out there of him holding my print, with my hand in it. :lol: And I absolutely love that man, in a very platonic way. Adore him. So, I'd love to meet him again, and Adam for the first time.

i rmember you saying you had fog-brain ! Ad I rmember that photo!and weren't you upset you forgot to/ or forgot to ask someone else to take pic with Sarah and Edge?

Adam in black long black leather jacket after ? SNL or Conan-- was getting ready to getto his car - door open the fans were down by Bono's car.
So there were only 4 of us! I --something was wrong with my camera or I didn't have it for some other reason? :grumpy: so while A fan got her pic taken with him...i didn't want to ask to have her take a pic of me with him b/c I didn't want to keep him waiting.

NEXT time!:D great excuse:lol:

Edge ( Bono, too) all started out in platonically-- loving their enthusiasm, their talent, their intelligence and their caring -- which was evidnet in certain lyrics/interviews early on!

The lust bucket factor kicked in for me for Bono around ? 04 and slowly started for Edge in Zoo-TV and esp later on with the Net being able to see the vids record vids and live vids from Zoo-TV era (Edge-wse! :D ).

But i got a charge out of all of them in 2005 and 2009. SO great to see them playing'singing up there!

i rmember you saying you had fog-brain ! Ad I rmember that photo!and weren't you upset you forgot to/ or forgot to ask someone else to take pic with Sarah and Edge?
Noooo, it was Bono, I didn't take a picture of her and Bono. :reject: :reject: To this day she gives me crap about it. If we talk about the meeting, she'll say "oh! remember the picture of me and Bono from that night?? OH WAIT, THERE ISN'T ONE."

And then I do this --> :reject: :reject:

I've apologized profusely a million times, but she says she's just kidding, she doesn't mind that much. I still feel awful, though. I was kind of a mess. :reject:

Adam in black long black leather jacket after ? SNL or Conan-- was getting ready to getto his car - door open the fans were down by Bono's car.
So there were only 4 of us! I --something was wrong with my camera or I didn't have it for some other reason? :grumpy: so while A fan got her pic taken with him...i didn't want to ask to have her take a pic of me with him b/c I didn't want to keep him waiting.

NEXT time!:D great excuse:lol:

Awww, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded! :)

VP - I've seen your Larry pics - :drool: (even with that scuzzy hair) And just so you know, I have to be ridiculously, fangirly jealous of you and sort of hate you for the next, oh, about 47 seconds after reading about your encounter with him. Don't feel bad though. I hated Wild and Jem for about a minute and a half today. :lol:

Noooo, it was Bono, I didn't take a picture of her and Bono. :reject: :reject: To this day she gives me crap about it. If we talk about the meeting, she'll say "oh! remember the picture of me and Bono from that night?? OH WAIT, THERE ISN'T ONE."

And then I do this --> :reject: :reject:

I've apologized profusely a million times, but she says she's just kidding, she doesn't mind that much. I still feel awful, though. I was kind of a mess. :reject:

Awww, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded! :)

oh! well.......
encounters of the B kind can be brain-freezing in a (mostly)good way!

Well...oh...yeah !...
that was the summer at HQ when emily was there and one fan got over zelous and ...i'm not sure sort of pushed Adam against the wall there to get an autograph or speak to him...so I was kind of guarded and very quiet....

VP - I've seen your Larry pics - :drool: (even with that scuzzy hair) And just so you know, I have to be ridiculously, fangirly jealous of you and sort of hate you for the next, oh, about 47 seconds after reading about your encounter with him. Don't feel bad though. I hated Wild and Jem for about a minute and a half today. :lol:

It's a privilege to be hated by you. :wink: I genuinely hope that everyone gets the chance. Believe me, no one was more shocked than me, that he came out. Wasn't expecting that at all!

oh! well.......
encounters of the B kind can be brain-freezing in a (mostly)good way!

Well...oh...yeah !...
that was the summer at HQ when emily was there and one fan got over zelous and ...i'm not sure sort of pushed Adam against the wall there to get an autograph or speak to him...so I was kind of guarded and very quiet....

Emily?? I'm not sure I heard that story.

Night Dazzled, enjoy the rest of your weekend! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom