PGP: Do you want a cucumber with that?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jem did you buy lots of plain food? :lol :

:lol: Its all I could afford anyway.

broke, no money :lol :

Like me :sigh :

:hug: I have a £300 flight on my card that I thought about selling and changing to someone elses name so I could get money back right away as I am way to skint now but BA wouldn't let Louanne change your flight to her name for use another time would they, so I have no chance. :sad:

:|

NI refuses to wear a "Bono makes me wet" Tshirt :tsk : , he wants a life jacket with "Help me!!" on it :lmao:

:lmao: WIN!!!

I LOVED reading the reactions this weekend! :lol: I think *everyone* was a little turned on. :lol:

I wasn't. :angel:

And I had never seen Sicy in fangirl mode!:lol:

Sicy was in fangirl mode? :cute::lol:

Kristen I'd hold off on the tickets too for a while. Lots of time for tickets to become available from fans. :)

VP. The soap story. That must have been so frustrating. :hug: When my Mum was ill we used to have something similar, the same questions over and over again.

:lmao : In the clusterfuck that was the Rose Bowl GA line, and people with numbers like 1500 and with no numbers at all were up with us with numbers in the 200's, there was this lady with no number and FitzChivalry was badmouthing her, saying we'd been in line all day and she should GTFO. She called him a derogatory name for a homosexual that I won't type here and I seriously thought he was gonna punch her. But instead, he looked at her and yelled "You know what, Lady? You're a PEACH!!!!!" After the show, we cracked up about it for hours. :lmao :

:lmao: *dies* That's hilarious, its so cheered me up a little. Thanks for that Zooey. :love::hug:

:lol: Its all I could afford anyway.

:hug: I have a £300 flight on my card that I thought about selling and changing to someone elses name so I could get money back right away as I am way to skint now but BA wouldn't let Louanne change your flight to her name for use another time would they, so I have no chance. :sad:

:|

:hug:

At least you have your plain food, MIRite? :uhoh: :lol:

VP. The soap story. That must have been so frustrating. :hug: When my Mum was ill we used to have something similar, the same questions over and over again.

:hug:

:lol::kiss:

Yeah. Do banks take plain food as payment? :uhoh ::lmao:

OMG am watching a Friendly Fires video on youtube. One of the comments about the singer Ed, "Precious little white boy, I just want to eat him up."

:ohmy::shifty:: silent:: lmao:

YouTube - ‪Friendly Fires - 'Kiss Of Life'‬‎

Potatoes and white rice are probably currency somewhere. :wink:

Jem are you commenting on You tube again? :cute: :lol:

VP, that's a tough situation. Glad you're trying to keep positive about it :hug: It must be hard.

Thanks. :hug: I just try to remember that so many other people have it much worse.

Later Dazzled. :hug:

Some of you have been asking about my mom lately. Here's an example of what I go through in a typical day. For the past several days, she thinks she's out of soap, and she obsesses about it. When we were out on Friday, she asked me to pick her up some, but I knew she had lots. I told her that when we got back to her place I'd look for it, and if she was out, I'd run out then and get her some more. When we got back, I found 11 brand new bars of soap, and she had a full bar by her sink and another by her bathtub.

Since then, she's been calling me 5, 6, 7 times a day claiming she's out of soap and asking me to pick her up some. I tell her she has lots, tell her where to look, she tells me she KNOWS it's not there, but then she looks to humour me, finds it, and then she laughs it off. Today's the 4th day of this. After having the soap discussion for what feels like the 50th time in the past few days, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I try so hard to keep a sense of humour about it, but it's trying. I feel like going and buying enough soap that I can put a bar every foot or so in her room, so it'll always be visible to her. :lol:

My grandma is the same way with pretty much everything. Her big thing? Her car. She crashed it into a fire hydrant (the drs think she had a mini stroke or something) and that was when the whole brain tumor / surgery / dementia thing started... probably 3 years ago. Since then, EVERY single time ANYONE speaks to her she brings up the car "If your father would just let me have the car, your mom wouldn't have to take me to the store" "If we had the car..." "Pat, can I have the car back?" "It's our car - it's pretty rotten to just take it away". Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it's sad and sometimes it just makes my parents want to bang their heads against a brick wall.

:hug: for VP.

Potatoes and white rice are probably currency somewhere. :wink :

Jem are you commenting on You tube again? :cute : :lol :

Potatoes and white rice. You remembered. :lmao::cute:

:shifty: In some places but not that video...yet. :shifty: I should go thumbs up the comment. :lol:

Ya, and at least she's able to laugh it off when she finds the soap :)

:yes::hug: Laughter can help in those situations. :)

My grandma is the same way with pretty much everything. Her big thing? Her car. She crashed it into a fire hydrant (the drs think she had a mini stroke or something) and that was when the whole brain tumor / surgery / dementia thing started... probably 3 years ago. Since then, EVERY single time ANYONE speaks to her she brings up the car "If your father would just let me have the car, your mom wouldn't have to take me to the store" "If we had the car..." "Pat, can I have the car back?" "It's our car - it's pretty rotten to just take it away". Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it's sad and sometimes it just makes my parents want to bang their heads against a brick wall.

:hug: Totally understand the last sentence. Its all of those in one.

Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes it's sad and sometimes it just makes my parents want to bang their heads against a brick wall.

:hug: for VP.

That's EXACTLY what it feels like! I feel for your parents and grandma.

She goes on streaks like this every once in a while. Sometimes it's soap, sometimes it's her meds (she thinks they're not giving them to her), sometimes it's financial stuff (she thinks she's broke).

Back
Top Bottom