PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ, sweet of you to bring berries to the elderly home! And that cobbler looks delish!

Grace, hope your trip is going more smoothly.

Thora, yay for a long weekend, especially after last weekend working extra hard.

I hate to say it but I don't love Green Day's new single. I think it's... boring :reject:

and today was my first day with students. It was exhausting which made for a crummy workout. And then I came home and had a beer and two cookies. Healthy, ur doin it wrong. :reject:

AND I think I've had water in my ear for 3 days now :crack:

I'd have another beer, or two, if I were you after starting another year of school.

I did not know until I read this thread that Green Day had a new single :reject:

And I agree....totally sweet of JJ! I want to eat that cobbler :drool:

I'm SO ready for some time off. This week has definitely been a struggle - my energy levels have been next to nil. I've been having a nap every day after I get home from work, plus getting at least 7 hours of sleep at night, and I'm still totally beat. I plan on sleeping a TON this weekend! :drool:

Don't feel guilty about having the beer and cookies! Nothing wrong with treats every now and then. You deserve it!

Wow. a nap AND 7 hours of sleep?! You MUST be tired! Just a few more hours, though and then you're FREE!

I'd have another beer, or two, if I were you after starting another year of school.

I did not know until I read this thread that Green Day had a new single :reject:

And I agree....totally sweet of JJ! I want to eat that cobbler :drool:

I like the way you think! :wink: I'm waiting for hubby to get home so we can go out for mexican food and a margarita but I think I might fall asleep if he doesn't get home soon. :lol:

JJ, sweet of you to bring berries to the elderly home! And that cobbler looks delish!

I hate to say it but I don't love Green Day's new single. I think it's... boring :reject:

Yeah, I have to say it's not doing anything for me yet either. But then I thought their last album was great and underrated by everyone who says it's exactly the same as AI, which it totally isn't! lol. It has some amazing songs on it, and besides it is AI part 2, as it's a continuation and finish to the AI story. In fact it contains probably one of my favorite GD songs ever.

And I KNOW RIGHT?? about JJ. What a sweetheart. :cute:

Wow. a nap AND 7 hours of sleep?! You MUST be tired! Just a few more hours, though and then you're FREE!

I like the way you think! :wink: I'm waiting for hubby to get home so we can go out for mexican food and a margarita but I think I might fall asleep if he doesn't get home soon. :lol:

Yup, it's a bit ridiculous. I don't know if there's something out of whack with my body, but we'll see how I feel next week. I'm used to getting up at 6am now, but for some reason I'm ridiculously exhausted every day. I definitely have work to do for 99% of my day, but it's not like I'm being super physically active. Maybe I just need this weekend of rest, and everything will be back to normal.

:drool: Ooooh, that sounds lovely! I'm just making a quick pizza, since I don't want to have leftover food sitting around in my fridge while I'm gone. I haven't had good Mexican food in a long while.

:love: That's like totally my fave night out.

It usually is mine too, but if he doesn't get home soon, I'm just going to have another beer, call that dinner, and go to bed!

Yup, it's a bit ridiculous. I don't know if there's something out of whack with my body, but we'll see how I feel next week. I'm used to getting up at 6am now, but for some reason I'm ridiculously exhausted every day. I definitely have work to do for 99% of my day, but it's not like I'm being super physically active. Maybe I just need this weekend of rest, and everything will be back to normal.

:drool: Ooooh, that sounds lovely! I'm just making a quick pizza, since I don't want to have leftover food sitting around in my fridge while I'm gone. I haven't had good Mexican food in a long while.

Have you been exercising? I find I get lethargic when I don't exercise.
Home made pizza or frozen?

Have you been exercising? I find I get lethargic when I don't exercise.
Home made pizza or frozen?

No, I haven't. I've totally slacked off. That's probably a big part of the problem. I'm so tired, but I know that exercising will make me feel good, but I get lazy and my couch/the Olympics takes up my entire evening. :lol: :tsk:

Half and half. The crust is a frozen one that I bought from the store, then I added my own toppings. :)

Oh hai! :D

Thora, this might sound silly but have you thought about changing your diet up a little bit? Not that you have poor eating habits, but adding more fruits and veggies gives you an energy boost. I know it's helped me. There's a list here of fruits and vegetables that are great sources for energy.

List Of Fruits And Vegetables That Boost Energy | LIVESTRONG.COM

Nothing silly about it! :up: I'm mostly vegan, so I do have a good rotation of fruits and veggies in my diet. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Mmm... bananas! :drool: It's funny - when I was a kid I was psychotically obsessed with them and ate them constantly. My parents had to call them something else because every time I would hear the word banana I would freak out and demand to eat one. :lmao: They were called Fred's, and my mom still occasionally refers to them like that, even though I'm not as crazy any more. :wink:

:lol: Thora and her obsession with Fred. When you hear the name now, do your ears instinctively perk up? :wink:

I love bananas. :drool: So yummy.

*waits for comment*

:lol: Thora and her obsession with Fred. When you hear the name now, do your ears instinctively perk up? :wink:

*waits for comment*

I do admit to giggling to myself. :D I had a banana for part of my breakfast this morning. Om nom nom!

I wanted to make a dirrrty joke (I originally typed job, lmao), but I refrained. :D

That's really funny about bananas, Thora.

I disappeared for a bit... to some mexican food (well, baja style) and a margarita. If I disappear again, it will be to bed :yawn:

*waits for comment*

bananadancefast-1.gif

plebansmiley.gif

:wink:

I was up at 3:45am. We got to the airport okay, but it was all downhill from there. First the thing we brought for the carseat wasn't working. The name on the ticket said my husband's middle name - the one he goes by - but not the one on his license. That causes issues. The little one was really good, but when we got to Houston, our connecting flight was delayed an hour. Mind you, we are headed for Florida. After a STRONG margarita (from Chili's no less) we were finally on our way.

Things are good. It was really good to see everyone. It's strange being back in this family fold. It will have been 15 years since we were all in a room together. I'll elaborate more tomorrow. It's been a long day.

Oh, and we are an hour behind. That's fucking with my head.

back to work tomorrow AM :crack:

Going to be really weird. I've been there once, for 5 hours, since July 3. I don't even know what supplies I'll have to make anything once I get done with my list from my boss so it could be a short day, which honestly as much as I need the money, would be totally fine with me. I've had a busy few weeks of painting and all that goes with it.

and today was my first day with students. It was exhausting which made for a crummy workout. And then I came home and had a beer and two cookies. Healthy, ur doin it wrong. :reject:

AND I think I've had water in my ear for 3 days now :crack:

:hug:

Oh, and what Thora said. It's good to treat yourself. :)

I'm SO ready for some time off. This week has definitely been a struggle - my energy levels have been next to nil. I've been having a nap every day after I get home from work, plus getting at least 7 hours of sleep at night, and I'm still totally beat. I plan on sleeping a TON this weekend! :drool:

Don't feel guilty about having the beer and cookies! Nothing wrong with treats every now and then. You deserve it!

Wow... that's a lot of sleep. Ya know, my brother once slept for just damn near about 24 hours straight. And this was a couple of weeks ago. He has a very demanding job too. :reject: *shuts up*

I hope you get a lot of sleep this weekend. :)

I was up at 3:45am. We got to the airport okay, but it was all downhill from there. First the thing we brought for the carseat wasn't working. The name on the ticket said my husband's middle name - the one he goes by - but not the one on his license. That causes issues. The little one was really good, but when we got to Houston, our connecting flight was delayed an hour. Mind you, we are headed for Florida. After a STRONG margarita (from Chili's no less) we were finally on our way.

Things are good. It was really good to see everyone. It's strange being back in this family fold. It will have been 15 years since we were all in a room together. I'll elaborate more tomorrow. It's been a long day.

Oh, and we are an hour behind. That's fucking with my head.

Time zone changes can suck. Hope you have fun with your family. :D

Going to be really weird. I've been there once, for 5 hours, since July 3. I don't even know what supplies I'll have to make anything once I get done with my list from my boss so it could be a short day, which honestly as much as I need the money, would be totally fine with me. I've had a busy few weeks of painting and all that goes with it.

Getting a tattoo right now and they're playing Sunday Bloody Sunday. :D

WHAAAAATTTTT??!! :ohmy: Awesome!!!!

PICS!!! What are you getting? :hmm:

Back when I got my tattoo of the star from the Achtung Baby artwork symbols, Until The End Of the World came on the radio station that was previously just playing current hits. Both me and the artist went. :shocked: :shocked:

Have fun. :wink::up:

wow. I think I would actually pee my pants.

Oh and if you have the technology to tweet that you should have the technology to take StealthPics. :tsk:

Getting a tattoo right now and they're playing Sunday Bloody Sunday. :D

Pics when you're done. Mine's almost totally healed :love:

How was your first day back? :hmm:

How was your first day back? :hmm:

not bad....pretty easy. I did have a few moments early on where I was ready to go home, not because I was having a bad day but just because I haven't had a full day of work in almost 5 weeks so it was starting to get to be a long day. My gym is right down the road from work so all I wanted to do was get to the pool. I was planning on leaving after 6 hours but kept finding stuff to do so I ended up with almost a full day and I still got to the pool for about 45 min. Monday will be the real test...work my part time job early Mon morning then the rest of the week at the other place so it will be the first full week I've had since late June. Plus I booked my trainer for a session on Monday so I'll start the week off with a major ass kicking workout. :happy:

my 20th :crack: high school reunion is tomorrow night and I'm not going. I have mixed emotions about not going now that the time has come. But my BFF since our very first week of high school in 9th grade and I both had a bad time at our 10 year. Not a lot of people showed up. Really only the "popular" crowd and none of them had changed in 10 years and still ignored our group like they did all through school. She went to her hubby's 20th (same school just 2 years ahead of us) a few years ago and she and her hubby both said it wasn't worth the time or money. My brother and her hubby were in the same class and my bro still has his whole gang of friends that he sees all the time since 9th grade. He told me that his group sat at a table together and had dinner like they normally would on any other weekend and didn't spend a lot of time socializing with other people because everyone was caught up with each other from FB. So my BFF and I both decided not to go and she booked a family vacation for this weekend. I would never, ever go to something like this without her nor would she have gone without me. I keep seeing stuff all over FB about our reunion so now I kinda wish we would have decided to go. But I know I would have been miserable once we were there so I'm glad I saved the money for a few weekends I have coming up.

not bad....pretty easy. I did have a few moments early on where I was ready to go home, not because I was having a bad day but just because I haven't had a full day of work in almost 5 weeks so it was starting to get to be a long day. My gym is right down the road from work so all I wanted to do was get to the pool. I was planning on leaving after 6 hours but kept finding stuff to do so I ended up with almost a full day and I still got to the pool for about 45 min. Monday will be the real test...work my part time job early Mon morning then the rest of the week at the other place so it will be the first full week I've had since late June. Plus I booked my trainer for a session on Monday so I'll start the week off with a major ass kicking workout. :happy:

Yay! :D Well I think "yay" :wink: Good that it went well though, and I'm sure you'll be back in the groove in no time.

my 20th :crack: high school reunion is tomorrow night and I'm not going. I have mixed emotions about not going now that the time has come. But my BFF since our very first week of high school in 9th grade and I both had a bad time at our 10 year. Not a lot of people showed up. Really only the "popular" crowd and none of them had changed in 10 years and still ignored our group like they did all through school. She went to her hubby's 20th (same school just 2 years ahead of us) a few years ago and she and her hubby both said it wasn't worth the time or money. My brother and her hubby were in the same class and my bro still has his whole gang of friends that he sees all the time since 9th grade. He told me that his group sat at a table together and had dinner like they normally would on any other weekend and didn't spend a lot of time socializing with other people because everyone was caught up with each other from FB. So my BFF and I both decided not to go and she booked a family vacation for this weekend. I would never, ever go to something like this without her nor would she have gone without me. I keep seeing stuff all over FB about our reunion so now I kinda wish we would have decided to go. But I know I would have been miserable once we were there so I'm glad I saved the money for a few weekends I have coming up.

Sounds about right. LOL. My small group of girlfriends and i went to our 20 year. We had been close all through junior high and high. But just like you said, everyone there seemed to stick to the same groups they had in school! It was so weird. But we are all glad we did it together because we rented a limo for the 4 of us got all dressed up and had a blast in the limo. After we had hung out at the reunion for awhile we called our limo back and got back in. Way more fun! :lol:

Recently my friend uploaded pics to FB from that night, if anyone wants to see. :wink:

My 20 year highschool reunion: 1999.

CHS20yrreunion19991.jpg

CHS20yrreunion19992.jpg

and with a friend I actually hadn't seen since school so that was kinda cool.
CHS20yrreunion19993.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom