Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:47 PM

This concludes our broadcast day.

Or maybe not.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:47 PM
I like the thread title .

The Patrick Swayze movie I'm most familiar with is 'Road House', 'cause my mom watches it often (my dad used to watch it a lot as well). Not because of Patrick, though-she's got eyes for Sam Elliott in that movie .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
the frustrating thing was I never wore it and it was completely insulting that she kept smelling it to see if it smelled like chlorine. I would NEVER have done anything like that when working in retail because I think people are gross so I don't need to smell their return
Ha! Good point. Unfortunately there probably is a story somewhere of that store getting a swimsuit back with chlorine smell all over, so now they probably have to check everyone to prove it because of someone's stupidity . But yeah, I think there'd be a much more discreet way to tell such a thing without insulting and embarrassing you out in the open like that. Retail has its return rules and such, yes, but as you know from your experience, we're also told to not insult our customers, either, and if there is an issue with a return, there's much nicer, more friendly ways to deal with it.

Quote:
Well if you're in town on Sat long enough you should check out the Irish fair on Harriet Island. It's just a walk across a bridge over the river directly across from the Xcel. I haven't really gotten much out of the U2 MN crowd about doing a meet up so it could just be anyone from this thread on Friday before the show. But that's ok with me I didn't get to meet everyone last year so it would be great to do it this year. My friend that's going to be with me is a huge U2 fan and travels all over the place to see them too. She's just not really into posting here but she is a member. I actually met her in pleba back in the old days before the Vertigo tour. Seems like such a long time ago and so many people have come and gone.
That sounds fun, yeah! I'll mention that to my friends, I think they might be interested in that as well. Thanks for the info, will definitely keep that in mind.

Ah, well. If we plan something, cool, if not, whomever shows up shows up. Maybe if there's no definite plans we can at least make a note to each other what we're planning on wearing that weekend or something, so that if any of us do bump into each other at the fair or elsewhere we can stop and say hi, at least?

That's cool that you've got someone else with you who shares your interests so strongly. She sounds nice-don't know if I ever came across her in my early days here, but hi to her if she reads this, and if she decides to post here at any time, of course, she's always welcome .

Edit: Ah, and now we have our requisite pictures .

Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #18
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 AM
this is my timeline photo on FB....Comet suggested we add this to the main page pics and also name a thread "Bono is Happy...."

Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...

That's great.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Dirty Dancing—I don't actually watch it that much bc I tend to over-watch movies, but seriously. That movie. I was in love with it when I was younger, now I'm trying to figure out how many parts cliché it is and whether Patrick Swayze's character makes any sense at all. But I do love the actual dance parts of that movie.

Guys. GUYS. Guess what. There was a commercial for "Edge" shaving cream (I think?) It was full of nasty Edge puns I started cracking up and my dad had no idea why

I've missed TV shows. Just watched some Big Bang Theory and some House. Ahhh. It's been a while.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
this is my timeline photo on FB....Comet suggested we add this to the main page pics and also name a thread "Bono is Happy...."

Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #22
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Ah, well. If we plan something, cool, if not, whomever shows up shows up. Maybe if there's no definite plans we can at least make a note to each other what we're planning on wearing that weekend or something, so that if any of us do bump into each other at the fair or elsewhere we can stop and say hi, at least?

That's cool that you've got someone else with you who shares your interests so strongly. She sounds nice-don't know if I ever came across her in my early days here, but hi to her if she reads this, and if she decides to post here at any time, of course, she's always welcome .

Edit: Ah, and now we have our requisite pictures .
we can plan a time and place to meet up near the Xcel and whatever happens, happens My friend's user name is Eep. I met her at a U2 fan convention about 2002 in Cleveland...or maybe it was Chicago She was friends with Edgette and a few other that where heavy posters back then (storiesforboys) but I don't think she posted too much here and I haven't seen Edgette or Stories in years.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #23
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Comet and I went to the tree in Death Valley in January. While we were there, we took pics of the other tree that U2 posed with....the tiny one in the background. Well it's not so tiny anymore. This is a pic she took of me. While we were looking at this tree she mentioned a black and white photo of U2 with it in the background and how it was so little 25 years ago. I couldn't visualize what pic she was talking about so the first thing I did when I got home was try to find it.

Anyways this is the little tree all grown up

super annoyed with my crappy camera. Sometimes the lens doesn't open all the way so I get home and find that I have a pic with black corners
Old 07-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

that's awesome that you guys located it
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #25
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCatKatie View Post
that's awesome that you guys located it
it's only a few feet from the tree off the album cover. It's literally this tree and the album cover tree in the area. Comet was probably standing right next to the album tree when she took the photo
Old 07-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
arw
Blue Crack Addict

here's a pic of both trees...after Comet and I got back we said we wished we would have cleaned up all of the memorials and put them in the bins. It's too cluttered.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I like the thread title .

The Patrick Swayze movie I'm most familiar with is 'Road House', 'cause my mom watches it often (my dad used to watch it a lot as well). Not because of Patrick, though-she's got eyes for Sam Elliott in that movie
Sam Elliott is way hot in that movie.

Quote:

Old 07-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

G'night all. Love you.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Cool pictures, arw Very pretty. I'd like to visit that area someday.

Quote:
we can plan a time and place to meet up near the Xcel and whatever happens, happens My friend's user name is Eep. I met her at a U2 fan convention about 2002 in Cleveland...or maybe it was Chicago She was friends with Edgette and a few other that where heavy posters back then (storiesforboys) but I don't think she posted too much here and I haven't seen Edgette or Stories in years.
Ohhhhhhh, yeah! I remember her! I talked to her a few times here and there. We found out we didn't live too far from each other here in Iowa, if I recall rightly. That's cool that you guys got to become good friends.

I remember those other names you mentioned, too. Wow, yeah, it has been a while then, hasn't it?

Yeah, the time and place meetup would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
Sam Elliott is way hot in that movie.

My mom would officially like you . He's pretty badass, yeah. My parents also liked his character because he reminded them of an old friend of theirs, a guy named Shorty, who, ironically, was not short at all.

Plus, my dad used to be a bouncer at some of the local bars (this was well before I was born), and given this movie deals with that line of work, that added to his enjoyment of the movie.

Good night! Sweet dreams.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:47 AM
9GAG - Higgs Boson