PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing one last drive-by for the night. Didn't watch the Opening Ceremony, since I was working, but my mom texted me to say that they've taped it and they'll watch it with me when I visit them next weekend. Awesome!! :up:

Our work event tonight was SO much fun - oh. my god. There were 2 tribute bands - one for Johnny Cash (not bad), and Elvis (oh holy jeebus he was amazing, and I totally wanted to jump his bones). :lmao: I took several pics/videos that I'll have to upload at the end of the weekend, because my phone is dead and needs to be charged. It was so fun to dance around like an idiot. Plus, SO many more people showed up than we'd expected. We were HOPING for 100 but thought maybe 50 might come. Nope - we had upwards of 400!! :up: So cool. And tomorrow's the big bike rally which is going to be such a blast. Tons of awesome motorcycles and bikers. :D

But now I have to pass out because I have to get up super early and work all day long. :) Hope you're all having a good weekend so far!

Awesome!! So happy for you! :)

:lol: Yeah I don't even know. I actually MISSED that part because it was nearer the beginning and I was driving home, but I heard that's what went down. I saw the wild music/discotheque WTF party though. It was... different anyway!

I need to look that up. :lol:

Um that says it all right there. You get more years of performance from a Mac. The battery on the PC laptops we had? Terrible. My macs? Excellent. Sure, after 5 years I had to replace the battery in one of our macs. But I was abloe to get one for 50 bucks and the Mac is right as rain. Without fail, every PC for the last 7 years has shit the bed for a variety of reasons. So, we are looking at an average of $500 for each laptop at 3-4 laptop/desktop. That's $2000 or more. I've had the same Mac for 5 years with only putting $50 into it for a new battery. To me, that makes sense. My husband likes the speed. Going from his PC laptop that took 10 minutes to start, he loves that the mac is so quick to start and close.

Just noticed this comment, sorry I didn't reply to it sooner.

First of all, starting replies off with "um," is kind of snotty. When we started this thread in '05, we would have discussions where we often disagreed, but did so respectfully. And yet we remained close friends. I'm atheist. There was one Christian poster who was quite religious. We could even dicuss religion, coming out of it friends. I felt like I learned from her, even if I didn't agree, I learned from her perspective, and she from mine.

I'm glad you're happy with your Macs, but that's not been my experience at all, nor the experience of most people I know, who are PC owners. Not sure what else I can say, because I've said in numerous posts, in numerous ways that if you're a Mac owner and it's advantageous to you in any way, including just ease of use, then more power to you. But in my experience and in that of many people I know, PCs are fine, and very cost effective.

And this is why I really don't post in this thread all that much, these days. This thread has changed a great deal in the past few years.

Bye. :wave:

Doing one last drive-by for the night. Didn't watch the Opening Ceremony, since I was working, but my mom texted me to say that they've taped it and they'll watch it with me when I visit them next weekend. Awesome!! :up:

Our work event tonight was SO much fun - oh. my god. There were 2 tribute bands - one for Johnny Cash (not bad), and Elvis (oh holy jeebus he was amazing, and I totally wanted to jump his bones). :lmao: I took several pics/videos that I'll have to upload at the end of the weekend, because my phone is dead and needs to be charged. It was so fun to dance around like an idiot. Plus, SO many more people showed up than we'd expected. We were HOPING for 100 but thought maybe 50 might come. Nope - we had upwards of 400!! :up: So cool. And tomorrow's the big bike rally which is going to be such a blast. Tons of awesome motorcycles and bikers. :D

But now I have to pass out because I have to get up super early and work all day long. :) Hope you're all having a good weekend so far!

Yay!

First of all, starting replies off with "um," is kind of snotty. When we started this thread in '05, we would have discussions where we often disagreed, but did so respectfully. And yet we remained close friends.

I'm glad you're happy with your Macs, but that's not been my experience at all, nor the experience of most people I know, who are PC owners. Not sure what else I can say, because I've said in numerous posts, in numerous ways that if you're a Mac owner and it's advantageous to you in any way, including just ease of use, then more power to you. But in my experience and in that of many people I know, PCs are fine, and very cost effective.

And this is why I really don't post in this thread all that much, these days. This thread has changed a great deal in the past few years.

:wave::hug:

PFQtH.jpg

:lol::lol:

So cool opening ceremony :lol:

Well he did just have a t-shirt sometimes, RARELY didn't he? Or am i just thinking about when he switched jackets? :hmm: I know I snapped off a ton of pics of his arms in a tshirt at one show. But yeah in NY where he nearly keeled over from heat exhaustion he kept them on. :tsk:

Wait when? where? The yellow color? I don't remember this... Pics or it didn't happen Gg... PROOF please. :waiting:

I think they're more yellow because of the light. I can't find the pics right now, but Bono seems to have the same wardrobe in the south of France over the years. He's worn a bit champagne, gold ish pair of pants often. I recall one even where he and Edge were drunk and sunburnt, there's a pic of Bono with those pants and a glass of white wine, I think in the denim shirt and with the straw hat on.

First of all, starting replies off with "um," is kind of snotty. When we started this thread in '05, we would have discussions where we often disagreed, but did so respectfully. And yet we remained close friends. I'm atheist. There was one Christian poster who was quite religious. We could even dicuss religion, coming out of it friends. I felt like I learned from her, even if I didn't agree, I learned from her perspective, and she from mine.

I guess my response was snotty because I felt a bit defensive. One post you asked to be sold on Macs, so a few of us shared our experience with Macs. You pretty much counteracted everything we said. Yes, it is a preference. But it sounds like you are saying, sure it is your choice.....but I think you are wrong. If that was not your intent, then I took false offense. Maybe if this was a phone conversation, tone would come across differently.

You like PCs. I like Macs. We agree to disagree. I will not try to sell you on something you don't want.

:wave:

Macs are pretty awesome. I used to have a shitty slow pc, and since 2008 I have my unibody Macbook. What I like about it most is that it is smaller than most laptops, yet the inside is much stronger. It's got better memory, better processor, backlit keyboard, trackpad without buttons, magnetic charger so it doesn't break easily when someone trips over it(Read: my mother every other frickin' day!).

Even though I have Windows 7 on it, I still prefer this way rather than getting a windows laptop.

Only gripe I have with Apple? Stop making your shit fucking ridiculously expensive. I had to change the charger as the cable was damaged, and a new one from Apple would've been 89 euros. For an old laptop. I got a brandless one for 25, which works fine.
Lololol oh and they wanted to replace my old memory with bigger ones for the lovely price of only 200 euros! I did it myself, paying 35 euros for the new memory banks and a can of beer to get me through it.
The student discount they have is pretty sweet though.

I want to know... pants or shorts??? :hmm:

AyvVjatCQAAZ3FD.jpg

I agree with Ingrid. Bono loves his pants in warm weather lol. :lol:

Adventures in smartphoning: so today, after missing several calls, I learned how to answer my phone. God. : | And I have all these icons that I think are trying to tell me things, but I have no idea what. : |

Started my vacation today. Work was batshit insane today, preparing for my week off, but almost in a good way. Took my mom to see her new family doctor yesterday, she really didn't look well, and he was just a fucking arrogant asshole. So I was worried about her last night and today. Then the work craziness. After working through breaks and lunch, finally got out of there 28 minutes late, 2 minutes before they set the security system for the weekend. Stopped to see her on the way home, and she was MUCH better today. Got home in a pretty good mood. Then opened my mail, and got a shitty letter that put me in another bad mood again. If I could have just 10 minutes where my stress level wasn't cranked up to 11 about something, that'd be great. /rant

And after I got home and had a drink, I realized I only had enough mix for two drinks. So for any subsequent drinks, I'll have to improvise. Rum and water with a splash of pickle brine, maybe? :sad :

:hug:s for you and your Mum. I miss you. Come back :(

Sorry to change the subject for a moment... but WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE NOW??????? LMFAO. :lmao :

Go the Fuck to Sleep - Read by Samuel L. Jackson - YouTube

I saw this on FB a while ago. Still never fails to make me laugh. :lmao::tears:

Our work event tonight was SO much fun - oh. my god. There were 2 tribute bands - one for Johnny Cash (not bad), and Elvis (oh holy jeebus he was amazing, and I totally wanted to jump his bones). :lmao:

:lmao:

Hope you enjoy the ceremony when you see it. I thought it was different, slightly mad and unusual approach to a ceremony ( well the Brits were in charge ;) ) and it made me all emotional in parts. :lol:

PFQtH.jpg

:lol::lol:

So cool opening ceremony :lol:

Mr Bean. :lmao::love:

Wow. A bit late,but the opening ceremony was fantastic! :up:I was especially exited to see it,cos it was directed by Danny Boyle. He directed the National Theatres "Franckenstein" where GraceRyan's and my new boyfriend Benedict played the main part and it was a massive hit.

Catching up just a few pages back...

ETA: Becks is Zu's boyfriend.

yum!
We watched the opening ceremonies after my show last night and when the cut to the river shot my little guy says "Is this the David Beckham boat?" :cute:

Just a quick drive-by from me. I'm sitting in a coffee shop for a little bit before I have to get back to work. I'm working late tonight, and then the event goes all day tomorrow too. It should be fun to hang with all the bikers! :giggle:

i'm sad to miss the Opening Ceremony live, but hopefully I'll be able to watch it online on Sunday. :)

like... motorcyclists? or cyclists?
I don't have time to read back that far (back to teaching this week) but whatever the event, I hope you enjoy it. Glad you're enjoying work.

Adventures in smartphoning: so today, after missing several calls, I learned how to answer my phone. God. :| And I have all these icons that I think are trying to tell me things, but I have no idea what. :|

Started my vacation today. Work was batshit insane today, preparing for my week off, but almost in a good way. Took my mom to see her new family doctor yesterday, she really didn't look well, and he was just a fucking arrogant asshole. So I was worried about her last night and today. Then the work craziness. After working through breaks and lunch, finally got out of there 28 minutes late, 2 minutes before they set the security system for the weekend. Stopped to see her on the way home, and she was MUCH better today. Got home in a pretty good mood. Then opened my mail, and got a shitty letter that put me in another bad mood again. If I could have just 10 minutes where my stress level wasn't cranked up to 11 about something, that'd be great. /rant

And after I got home and had a drink, I realized I only had enough mix for two drinks. So for any subsequent drinks, I'll have to improvise. Rum and water with a splash of pickle brine, maybe?

Or you could just drink it over ice :shifty:
Bummer about your mom's doc. I hate my doc and will find a new one before I go back.

When I got my phone I didn't know how to a)check voice mail or b)turn it off

Comet :hug: How are you? other than your computer woes. That sucks. :( How are things going?

Let me know when you can view videos again, and I'll send you a list of Foo Fighters links.

FOO!

I'm doin okay. Nothing too much new going on here so things are the same. I still get homesick tho so that sucks.

Right now I'm actually waiting on my brother and family who should be here any second, then I get to go home. But they're leaving Sun. morning so it's not a very long visit home.

I can't imagine how strange your life must be right now and how you miss Mr.C and the girls. Enjoy your weekend together.

A

Blackbird. That song reminds me of my cousin's memorial service. :( Beatles music is so ubiquitous that it becomes part of our lives.

yep.
We had my good friend sing In My Life at our wedding.

Band On The Run is coming up, and that reminded me (worlds collide) of the Dave Grohl cover. This was aired on PBS on a White House Tribute to Paul McCartney concert a few years ago. I saw the show live, and it was really good, a lot of great guests and awesome music. But here is Grohl's version of Band On The Run. The volume on my laptop is really low, as it is with many You Tube videos, so if you have a laptop, it's worth getting the ear buds out for.

I'm often not a huge fan of covers. It's a fine line between doing a straight cover, in which there's no point, to doing so much to make it your own, it's nearly unrecognizable and usually a very poor version. But I LOVE Foo Fighters cover versions of songs. There's just something about the way Dave does them, with so much passion and respect for the original material.

Anyway, here's the cover of Band. And I just noticed that Buddha drummer is in this, so he must be playing with Paul's band!

Dave Grohl - Band on the Run - Live @ the white house (unblocked region version) - YouTube

I'll watch this once everyone in the house is awake.

And on that note, here is my most favourite Foo Fighter's cover ever, Baker Street, done originally by Gerry Rafferty. I love both versions.

Foo Fighters - Baker Street - YouTube

As you were.

Oh, I ADORE this version of this song!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY Thora! Glad you're having fun.

Ohai, DG :flirt:

zuropa_fit said:
YAY Thora! Glad you're having fun.

Ohai, DG :flirt:

Meant to reply to Thora's post last night. I agree, that event sounded really fun! And you should have jumped Elvis. :tsk:

Zooey :kiss: Last night I found one of the shirts I bought in NY at the Joe Fresh store and I thought of you and everyone else. :love: I think I was wearing the shirt in one of the pictures I took of us. We need a re-do of them because the shirt looks better on me now. :vain: Oh and because I miss you. :sad:

How's the new tattoo feeling?

I'd love to go back to NY. Gotta save up my pennies since last time work paid for it. I don't think we'll have a Shakespeare Monologue Competition winner this year.

Tat is good, the top part is still a little red. My friend said he heard that the guy who did mine is "heavy handed" whatever that means. But I'm sure by the time I go back to work Monday it'll look fine. Wearing a halter top today to show it off!

eta: sorry my response took so long - I had to take a shower after my bike ride. My old bike was named Larry. But I'm selling him today and I got a new one. I'm calling this one Larry Jr. :wink:

zuropa_fit said:
I'd love to go back to NY. Gotta save up my pennies since last time work paid for it. I don't think we'll have a Shakespeare Monologue Competition winner this year.

Tat is good, the top part is still a little red. My friend said he heard that the guy who did mine is "heavy handed" whatever that means. But I'm sure by the time I go back to work Monday it'll look fine. Wearing a halter top today to show it off!

Would be awesome. :love: I understand saving the pennies, was just reminiscing. :)

I would be showing the tattoo off too, it looks great. :up:

ETA: So you ride Larry a few times a week and you keep him in your garage. :giggle:

Would be awesome. :love: I understand saving the pennies, was just reminiscing. :)

I would be showing the tattoo off too, it looks great. :up:

ETA: So you ride Larry a few times a week and you keep him in your garage. :giggle:

Yep - that's why there aren't a lot of pics of him between albums :giggle:

I kinda want to post the pic I sent you to my fb but I don't think I want my mom to know I got a new tat. And if she doesn't see it, my niece or my mom's good friend are always on fb and will surely see it.

zuropa_fit said:
Yep - that's why there aren't a lot of pics of him between albums :giggle:

I kinda want to post the pic I sent you to my fb but I don't think I want my mom to know I got a new tat. And if she doesn't see it, my niece or my mom's good friend are always on fb and will surely see it.

You can block people from seeing certain posts, right? Or at least I thought you could.

I think they're more yellow because of the light. I can't find the pics right now, but Bono seems to have the same wardrobe in the south of France over the years. He's worn a bit champagne, gold ish pair of pants often. I recall one even where he and Edge were drunk and sunburnt, there's a pic of Bono with those pants and a glass of white wine, I think in the denim shirt and with the straw hat on.

Aaaaah ok I see you were talking about much older pics and the khaki or cream colored pants, sorry I thought you meant he wore something yellow recently. Yeah the pic you mention is OLD he still had long hair! And there's something from a few years ago in white or light khaki as well. I guess these could just be taking on the yellow hue in the shade. Awww well. I wanted to see him in new shorts. :grumpy:

Aaaaah ok I see you were talking about much older pics and the khaki or cream colored pants, sorry I thought you meant he wore something yellow recently. Yeah the pic you mention is OLD he still had long hair! And there's something from a few years ago in white or light khaki as well. I guess these could just be taking on the yellow hue in the shade. Awww well. I wanted to see him in new shorts. :grumpy:

Yeaa it's something Vertigo era.. 05 or so.

bonocomet said:

I'm impressed that you can tell what era/year the pics were taken in. :bow: I see a picture, I'm like, ok that was 2003 maybe? :lol:

Oooh that's nice Zooey! I love the placement on your shoulder. I don't think I've seen one like that before! I forget what it means though and what the script is.

Oooh that's nice Zooey! I love the placement on your shoulder. I don't think I've seen one like that before! I forget what it means though and what the script is.

It's Greek.
The top one is agape = unconditional, selfless love
The one on the right is eros = physical love
The bottom one is philia = friendship
The one on the left is storge = familial love

and thank you :flirt:

It's Greek.
The top one is agape = unconditional, selfless love
The one on the right is eros = physical love
The bottom one is philia = friendship
The one on the left is storge = familial love

and thank you :flirt:

That's beautiful. :heart: I thought it looked like Greek but I wasn't positive. Was there a personal reason you chose Greek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom