PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonocomet said:
uuuh, not sure what you mean about the Plugin. :reject: But when Adobe or Java did a recent update they excluded Vista 64 bit systems. Assholes. Making my system obsolete on much of the internet since most websites use java in their script. I can't see most video anymore or any type of Flash, which tons of websites use. (For instance I can't upload photos to photobucket or Facebook anymore. :sigh: )

I was wondering what program you used to grab video.

Wow, guess they want Vista to go away. I think that's what my husbands old PC has.

I was wondering what program you used to grab video.

Wow, guess they want Vista to go away. I think that's what my husbands old PC has.

Well it still works with other Vista sytems, just not 64bit. :doh:

I use the Firefox app Download Helper to grab video yes. :yes:

teams still marching to stadium so not officially opened yet but hope that ••••••• isn't lighting the torch ;-)

Just a quick drive-by from me. I'm sitting in a coffee shop for a little bit before I have to get back to work. I'm working late tonight, and then the event goes all day tomorrow too. It should be fun to hang with all the bikers! :giggle:

i'm sad to miss the Opening Ceremony live, but hopefully I'll be able to watch it online on Sunday. :)

Yeah NBC's coverage was a bit different. We get no Becks or Sherlock. Just Matt Lauer and Tom Brokaw. Boo. Okay, I'm taping this for my husband anyway so I can half pay attention.

well so far the opening ceremonies have been thrilling enough to put me to sleep for a half hour. If my phone wouldn't have beeped from a text I would probably still be out. Damn. :| I've been waiting patiently all day for this!

Adventures in smartphoning: so today, after missing several calls, I learned how to answer my phone. God. :| And I have all these icons that I think are trying to tell me things, but I have no idea what. :|

Started my vacation today. Work was batshit insane today, preparing for my week off, but almost in a good way. Took my mom to see her new family doctor yesterday, she really didn't look well, and he was just a fucking arrogant asshole. So I was worried about her last night and today. Then the work craziness. After working through breaks and lunch, finally got out of there 28 minutes late, 2 minutes before they set the security system for the weekend. Stopped to see her on the way home, and she was MUCH better today. Got home in a pretty good mood. Then opened my mail, and got a shitty letter that put me in another bad mood again. If I could have just 10 minutes where my stress level wasn't cranked up to 11 about something, that'd be great. /rant

And after I got home and had a drink, I realized I only had enough mix for two drinks. So for any subsequent drinks, I'll have to improvise. Rum and water with a splash of pickle brine, maybe? :sad:

Comet :hug: How are you? other than your computer woes. That sucks. :( How are things going?

Let me know when you can view videos again, and I'll send you a list of Foo Fighters links.

Watching a Paul McCartney dvd. Live from NYC, I think. Let Me Roll It is on. I can never listen to that song without shaking my head. Years back, my s-i-l told me that that song was like her song for my brother. They're the most...goofy and unromantic and dysfunctional people I know. I have this laugh/gag reaction when I hear the song, now.

Comet :hug: How are you? other than your computer woes. That sucks. :( How are things going?

Let me know when you can view videos again, and I'll send you a list of Foo Fighters links.

I'm doin okay. Nothing too much new going on here so things are the same. I still get homesick tho so that sucks.

Right now I'm actually waiting on my brother and family who should be here any second, then I get to go home. But they're leaving Sun. morning so it's not a very long visit home. :sigh:

No, I saw it on BBC One. So it is possible that not every country will see the very opening that I saw posted. I hope so, it was rather inspired. I think Danny Boyle (28 Days) is directing the opening in general.

I think we will see a recording of the opening here in the States, right?

This is what I saw

In case no one wants to be spoiled.

Benedict :drool:

I can't upload pics at the moment, but oh my! :ohmy:

Photo by kimberlyreyesh • Instagram

:love:

He certainly gets around, doesn't he?

Adventures in smartphoning: so today, after missing several calls, I learned how to answer my phone. God. :| And I have all these icons that I think are trying to tell me things, but I have no idea what. :|

Started my vacation today. Work was batshit insane today, preparing for my week off, but almost in a good way. Took my mom to see her new family doctor yesterday, she really didn't look well, and he was just a fucking arrogant asshole. So I was worried about her last night and today. Then the work craziness. After working through breaks and lunch, finally got out of there 28 minutes late, 2 minutes before they set the security system for the weekend. Stopped to see her on the way home, and she was MUCH better today. Got home in a pretty good mood. Then opened my mail, and got a shitty letter that put me in another bad mood again. If I could have just 10 minutes where my stress level wasn't cranked up to 11 about something, that'd be great. /rant

And after I got home and had a drink, I realized I only had enough mix for two drinks. So for any subsequent drinks, I'll have to improvise. Rum and water with a splash of pickle brine, maybe? :sad:
:ohmy:

I'm doin okay. Nothing too much new going on here so things are the same. I still get homesick tho so that sucks.

Right now I'm actually waiting on my brother and family who should be here any second, then I get to go home. But they're leaving Sun. morning so it's not a very long visit home. :sigh:

:hug: I feel guilty for bitching when you're having to deal with all your stuff! Not sure if it's any comfort, but I think about you all the time. :hug: I hope you enjoy your time at home, even if it's brief.

Tara :wave: How are things?

I absolutely love this part of the dvd. Paul introduces the song My Love by saying he wrote it for Linda. Their love story is amazing, and always makes me go "awww!" when I think about it. The dvd was made in 2009. He'd been with Nancy since 2007, so that shows that she must be secure with him talking about Linda. Unlike that crazy bitch Heather Mills. It's nice that she's fine with him remembering Linda that way. I hope he's happy now. :) Paul has always struck me as such a nice man.

Also, his drummer makes me laugh, because he reminds me of a Buddha statue/my one nephew, ha. The guy on the left, obviously.

vatican_010.5493156_std.jpg

Blackbird. That song reminds me of my cousin's memorial service. :( Beatles music is so ubiquitous that it becomes part of our lives.

Band On The Run is coming up, and that reminded me (worlds collide) of the Dave Grohl cover. This was aired on PBS on a White House Tribute to Paul McCartney concert a few years ago. I saw the show live, and it was really good, a lot of great guests and awesome music. But here is Grohl's version of Band On The Run. The volume on my laptop is really low, as it is with many You Tube videos, so if you have a laptop, it's worth getting the ear buds out for.

I'm often not a huge fan of covers. It's a fine line between doing a straight cover, in which there's no point, to doing so much to make it your own, it's nearly unrecognizable and usually a very poor version. But I LOVE Foo Fighters cover versions of songs. There's just something about the way Dave does them, with so much passion and respect for the original material.

Anyway, here's the cover of Band. And I just noticed that Buddha drummer is in this, so he must be playing with Paul's band!

Dave Grohl - Band on the Run - Live @ the white house (unblocked region version) - YouTube

Oh! A bonus song from the same concert! Paul singing Michelle, and Michelle Obama in the front row getting all fangirly! And Barack singing to her! Omg, those two are so adorable!! I go under the assumption that all rich and powerful men cheat. I adore Clinton, but wasn't surprised at all by him, I would have been more shocked if he'd been monogamous.I always had the impression that outside of the public scandal and political impact, Hillary didn't are that much. But Barack and Michelle? I'm apparently overinvested in their relationship, because I'd be crushed if he cheated. Plus, I think she'd kick his ass into next year. :lol:

Michelle - Live at the White House - YouTube

Tara :wave: How are things?
Things are ok..... *thinks* yea, things are ok.
:) :wave:

Band On The Run is coming up, and that reminded me (worlds collide) of the Dave Grohl cover. This was aired on PBS on a White House Tribute to Paul McCartney concert a few years ago. I saw the show live, and it was really good, a lot of great guests and awesome music. But here is Grohl's version of Band On The Run. The volume on my laptop is really low, as it is with many You Tube videos, so if you have a laptop, it's worth getting the ear buds out for.

I'm often not a huge fan of covers. It's a fine line between doing a straight cover, in which there's no point, to doing so much to make it your own, it's nearly unrecognizable and usually a very poor version. But I LOVE Foo Fighters cover versions of songs. There's just something about the way Dave does them, with so much passion and respect for the original material.

Anyway, here's the cover of Band. And I just noticed that Buddha drummer is in this, so he must be playing with Paul's band!

Dave Grohl - Band on the Run - Live @ the white house (unblocked region version) - YouTube

I love that song. Really, truly love that song. One of my all-time faves. :cute:

Oh! A bonus song from the same concert! Paul singing Michelle, and Michelle Obama in the front row getting all fangirly! And Barack singing to her! Omg, those two are so adorable!! I go under the assumption that all rich and powerful men cheat. I adore Clinton, but wasn't surprised at all by him, I would have been more shocked if he'd been monogamous. But Barack and Michelle? I'm apparently overinvested in their relationship, because I'd be crushed if he cheated. Plus, I think she'd kick his ass into next year. :lol:

Michelle - Live at the White House - YouTube

:reject: I've never heard a live version of this before...

And, Mr & Mrs Obama? :cute::cute::cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom