PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #196
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:17 PM
I'd still say I prefer to wear it, because while I'm not sweaty or stinky, I can still tell I'm not wearing it, and it's ever-so-slightly uncomfortable.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #197
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:17 AM
yeah, I can't go without deo either. Lucky that it's not a problem for you Cori!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #198
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
yeah, I can't go without deo either. Lucky that it's not a problem for you Cori!
same here

I don't know what cream they gave you Cori but have you tried using just hydrocortisone cream? I swear by that stuff. I had some minor irritations on my legs last week from shaving and then going immediately into a pool. It took a few days but it cleared up.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #199
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yea exactly. I've never given him any idea that ther ecould be something, I've always responded dismissively to him saying I'm good looking and trying to give me a kiss as a thank you for driving him to the bus station and shit like that. I mean, why the hell the sudden change?

wow 80 push ups is quite a feat!
I don't know if you've mentioned this but is there someone above him you can talk to? Or is he the head guy...or worse yet, the owner?

Can you email him and tell him he's gone over the line and you need it to stop?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #200
Galeonbroad

He's the owner, and currently the only one. His co-owner lives in America now, and he's said he'd come back many times, since it's a work thing, but he's being an arse. Not keeping in touch and everything, while he was the financial head. The whole Dojo is a mess, really.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
I don't know what cream they gave you Cori but have you tried using just hydrocortisone cream? I swear by that stuff.
I had some of that at first because it my pit was itchy at first. I've been using it off and on, but not regularly. It at least stops the itching, but thankfully it doesn't itch all the time.

My doc recommended a cream that's anti-fungal (my pit has athlete's foot! Ha ha ha), and that didn't do anything.

Edit: hmm, I thought my anti-itch stuff was hydrocortisone, but it's not. I keep thinking hydrocortisone is anti-itch. Maybe I'll try that for a couple of days before making an appointment. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #202
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
He's the owner, and currently the only one. His co-owner lives in America now, and he's said he'd come back many times, since it's a work thing, but he's being an arse. Not keeping in touch and everything, while he was the financial head. The whole Dojo is a mess, really.
oh that sucks Is that the only place in town you can go to?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #203
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I had some of that at first because it my pit was itchy at first. I've been using it off and on, but not regularly. It at least stops the itching, but thankfully it doesn't itch all the time.

My doc recommended a cream that's anti-fungal (my pit has athlete's foot! Ha ha ha), and that didn't do anything.

Edit: hmm, I thought my anti-itch stuff was hydrocortisone, but it's not. I keep thinking hydrocortisone is anti-itch. Maybe I'll try that for a couple of days before making an appointment. Thanks!

I have the Target brand and mine says it's hydrocortisone anti itch.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #204
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I never heard back from the one cousin I was communicating with in regards to changing their music event for my mom's party. However, I did hear from the mother of the musician and she said it's for a fundraiser. So clearly they're not changing it. Ok fine...so that's a good 10-12 people that won't be there. But we've gotten a bunch of responses and sadly a lot of them are no. WTF. The party is Aug 25. I can't believe that many people know what they're doing then. But what really ticks me off is the fact that I told my mom in MAY....yes MAY....that we should send the evite out soon. She said she wanted to wait until mid July. I'm really disappointed by how many people can't come and really only about 1/4 of the people invited have responded. Maybe, hopefully, everyone else who hasn't responded yet will be able to come.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #205
Galeonbroad

Only place for that style. But I'm thinking of quitting. It saves money, and it gets rid of the awkwardness. But I actually like the workout y'know.

How on earth do people know what they're doing a month from now. Funny how you said that date, that's my sister's birthday party and housewarming. So sorry, I can't come to your party.

Why did your mother wanted to wait until July to ask them? Isn't it best to ask early if it's an important event?

Most people respond really late. So perhaps they will in the next two weeks.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
Yeah, she could take the mis-delivered mail to her neighbor. Just being neighborly, y'know.

Quote:
Ugh, the saga continues.

Sensei creepy texted me this morning or last night, dunno didn't check my phone earlier, that I left so sudden last night, that he wanted to talk to me. But that he'll do that friday, as I seemed distant last night.

Yeah uhm no shit dude, I'm fucking creeped out by you and don't want to spend another minute more than necessary. He also seemed to pay more attention to me than the rest of the group, which he shouldn't. And it's creeping me out even more.

So I told him I'm busy. He asked with what. I answered shortly that I'm busy with finishing my degree, work and other stuff. His response? Oh do tell.

WTF DUDE. YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND. This is none of your business and not profesional. Seriously after friday I'm GLAD it's summer break for karate, because I don't know how much more of this I can take. Fuck if he's going to text me after that I can just tell him to fuck off as I won't see him for 6 weeks anyway.

edit: I didn't respond, so after a couple minutes he texted back"right, you're busy. I'll see you friday". Do not want.
I agree with the advice given. Hope the creepiness stops soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAsi View Post
joke time

I got banned from Waterstones today for moving all the 'Caution - Wet Floor' signs to the '50 Shades of Grey' shelf.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Quote:
A small excerpt from what I'm reading.

I have no idea what I just read. My god, this has to be the worst sentence in the entire thing.
I read that sentence 5 times, and I still have no idea what the hell it's talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
I had my training session last night. After 80 push-ups.....I was afraid I would not be able to feed myself. We also did this great core exercise. I will wear a bikini top sometime this summer.
80 push-ups?

Quote:
I never heard back from the one cousin I was communicating with in regards to changing their music event for my mom's party. However, I did hear from the mother of the musician and she said it's for a fundraiser. So clearly they're not changing it. Ok fine...so that's a good 10-12 people that won't be there. But we've gotten a bunch of responses and sadly a lot of them are no. WTF. The party is Aug 25. I can't believe that many people know what they're doing then. But what really ticks me off is the fact that I told my mom in MAY....yes MAY....that we should send the evite out soon. She said she wanted to wait until mid July. I'm really disappointed by how many people can't come and really only about 1/4 of the people invited have responded. Maybe, hopefully, everyone else who hasn't responded yet will be able to come.
Families can be such boogers sometimes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
True, but how on earth do I tell that without shit getting out of hand?
I would just keep it short, with no explanations. You don't owe him any. I would reply to one of his texts with "your texts are not appropriate, stop texting me." That'll give him the message.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #209
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Only place for that style. But I'm thinking of quitting. It saves money, and it gets rid of the awkwardness. But I actually like the workout y'know.

How on earth do people know what they're doing a month from now. Funny how you said that date, that's my sister's birthday party and housewarming. So sorry, I can't come to your party.

Why did your mother wanted to wait until July to ask them? Isn't it best to ask early if it's an important event?

Most people respond really late. So perhaps they will in the next two weeks.
if you do quit and he asks you why you should say because he's a creep!

well if your sister's party changes you're more than welcome to come to MN for my mom's 65th bday party!

And my mom is a coocoo bird that's why we waited until July. She didn't want it to seem too desperate or something to send out the invites early. You should have heard her all last week...."paper invite or evite. Well if we send an evite will people know to bring their spouse with them? Some people only have a bf/gf so how would they know to bring them unless they get an invite in the mail specifying. One of my cousins is a lesbian so how would we let her know her partner is included " It was a conversation from hell that wouldn't end. So we finally decided to put "significant others welcome" at the end of it. We only have about 4-5 little kids in the family and while my mom would prefer if they weren't there, she didn't want to say no kids and that it would be up to the parents of those kids to decide. So what does my cousin just respond with....all THREE of us will be there. Great So that's at least 1 one year old.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:17 PM
Also agree with the general advice to you, GG. And if you tell him to back off and he still doesn't, maybe have a small list of people to notify so that if need be, they can help you get this guy to stop.

Cori, hope the rash can get healed soon. I agree on the deodorant thing, it'd be weird to go without it, but if it helps at all and you don't have an issue with it, hey, great.

Quote:
And my mom is a coocoo bird that's why we waited until July. She didn't want it to seem too desperate or something to send out the invites early. You should have heard her all last week...."paper invite or evite. Well if we send an evite will people know to bring their spouse with them? Some people only have a bf/gf so how would they know to bring them unless they get an invite in the mail specifying. One of my cousins is a lesbian so how would we let her know her partner is included " It was a conversation from hell that wouldn't end. So we finally decided to put "significant others welcome" at the end of it. We only have about 4-5 little kids in the family and while my mom would prefer if they weren't there, she didn't want to say no kids and that it would be up to the parents of those kids to decide. So what does my cousin just respond with....all THREE of us will be there. Great So that's at least 1 one year old.
Yeah, gotta disagree with your mom there, it's not desperate to send invites out as early as possible, it's just plain logical. Sending them out early could've solved half those issues she was debating over right away.

As for the one year old...eh, well, if it's only the one kid who shows up, that's a bit easier to manage, and they're young enough that hopefully they can nap or maybe find something to play with or whatever.

Hope all this works out for you guys and your mom doesn't have to stress over it anymore.