PGP-Dirty dancing into a new thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching favorite TV shows tends to be the highlight of my day often, too. So if that's sad, well, then, I guess we'll start the "sad people club" :p.

I'm excited-I work tomorrow evening and Wednesday evening, and then I have 5 days off. Been so hectic and busy with work for some time now, it's going to be nice to have some time to just chill.

:hi5: Your week sounds awesome.

My show started off awesome: one of my favorite "factions" reunited just for the night. :hyper:
Then one of my favorite wrestlers said to another: "Oompa loompa doop-ah-dee-ding, you look like a troll from Lord Of The Rings!"

It was freaking hilarious. :reject:

:hi5: Your week sounds awesome.

:yes: Can't wait.

My show started off awesome: one of my favorite "factions" reunited just for the night. :hyper:
Then one of my favorite wrestlers said to another: "Oompa loompa doop-ah-dee-ding, you look like a troll from Lord Of The Rings!"

It was freaking hilarious. :reject:

:lol: O-kay... That sounds strangely entertaining :D. But then again, given some of the shows I watch, I shouldn't be all that surprised at weird things on TV, huh?

Glad your show was full of good stuff :up:.

my dad is paining my bathroom today and bedroom on Thurs/Fri. I think I should have taken my cat to kitty daycare. :yikes: He is in everything right now! Once my dad pours the paint I need to lock Wesley up and that's not going to go over well. I have to clean my room out so I'm going to let him play in my closet, which is usually off limits. My dad thinks I should just leave Wesley alone and let him be free to roam the house. Silly dad....I'm going to have a purple cat if I do that. :tsk:

I told my dad that he's going to be in huge trouble if there's a speck of paint on my cat so he needs to be extra careful. This is starting to become a stressful morning with Wesley. :crack: I need to run a few errands soon so he's going to need to stay locked up somewhere. He's been known to rip up the carpet by doors he wants to get in or out of. Right now he's laying by my door meowing so loud.

he's so focused on getting out right now that it's not working. He loves to watch tv so usually if I can't get him to calm down at night I can put the tv on cartoons or Animal Planet and he'll relax. Since I'm cleaning I did find little stuffed toy that he's kicking around the room. But he really, really wants out.

Wesley will watch cartoons, football, and cat/dog shows. We have a pond in our backyard with tons of ducks and birds so he's not interested in bird shows. My room faces the pond so right now he's stalking something from the window. I would kill to find a used ipad and download some apps for him because he would love it. My mom said she'd kill me if I let him near her ipad :(

Lunch time is soon and that's usually followed by a nap. Wait, am I talking about a cat or a kid? :der:

:yes: Can't wait.

:lol: O-kay... That sounds strangely entertaining :D. But then again, given some of the shows I watch, I shouldn't be all that surprised at weird things on TV, huh?

Glad your show was full of good stuff :up:.

Weird tv things = awesome. :lol:

I was glad too. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot.

my dad is paining my bathroom today and bedroom on Thurs/Fri. I think I should have taken my cat to kitty daycare. :yikes: He is in everything right now! Once my dad pours the paint I need to lock Wesley up and that's not going to go over well. I have to clean my room out so I'm going to let him play in my closet, which is usually off limits. My dad thinks I should just leave Wesley alone and let him be free to roam the house. Silly dad....I'm going to have a purple cat if I do that. :tsk:

A purple cat? Don't let my mom see him... she's fall in love immediately (she loves cats and purple..) :shifty:

Wesley will watch cartoons, football, and cat/dog shows. We have a pond in our backyard with tons of ducks and birds so he's not interested in bird shows. My room faces the pond so right now he's stalking something from the window. I would kill to find a used ipad and download some apps for him because he would love it. My mom said she'd kill me if I let him near her ipad :(

Lunch time is soon and that's usually followed by a nap. Wait, am I talking about a cat or a kid? :der:
:lol:

Good luck arw! Has your dad considered that Wesley may brush against freshly painted walls?

That's one thing about my herd - for their own safety/my sanity, if I'm doing certain things around the house, they get put locked into one room for a few hours. They're not over-the-moon thrilled with it, but they're usually okay. Max spends every night in there by himself (except for when it's too hot in the summer, only my downstairs is air conditioned, or the rare night that I fall asleep before putting him in) so that he can have free reign with his medicated food. Or I'll put other cats in there individually, if they're not feeling well, and I have to monitor their litter box usage.

Oh, and hi everyone. :wave:

Other exciting (by my standards, my life is pretty boring, heh) news...I finally entered the new millennium* and got a smart phone! That's only because the display on my 5 yr old trusty flip phone bit the dust. I can phone and text like a mofo, but other than that, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with it. :lol: It's embarrassing, I'm generally good with technology - great with computers, hooking up and using various electronics, but I feel like a complete idiot with phones. :lol:

*Not quite as bad as Drea recently getting rid of dial-up, but close. :wink:

Good luck arw! Has your dad considered that Wesley may brush against freshly painted walls?

That's one thing about my herd - for their own safety/my sanity, if I'm doing certain things around the house, they get put locked into one room for a few hours. They're not over-the-moon thrilled with it, but they're usually okay. Max spends every night in there by himself (except for when it's too hot in the summer, only my downstairs is air conditioned, or the rare night that I fall asleep before putting him in) so that he can have free reign with his medicated food. Or I'll put other cats in there individually, if they're not feeling well, and I have to monitor their litter box usage.

Oh, and hi everyone. :wave:

my dad is kind of an air head when it comes to common sense things. Sad to say but true so no he never would have thought that Wesley might rub against the walls, step in spilled paint that's on the tarp on the floor, or even step in the paint pan on the floor.

He survived day 1. It didn't take as long as I thought either. He only had to spend from about 10-12 in my room. After that I gave him lunch and then I could tell he needed to use his box, which is generally in my bathroom closet but out in the hallway until the bathroom is done. I told my dad he needed to paint with the door closed because I don't know if Wesley needed to go potty or if he was just getting really anxious about being in my room. But he actually really needed to do his business so he ran to the box the second I opened the door and then he went upstairs to play with his toys a bit and then took a nap under our dining room table.

I've tried to get him to go into the bathroom a few times now that it's dry but I think he's afraid of the color or the smell because he won't go anywhere near it. :tsk: Cats are so freaking weird....

Other exciting (by my standards, my life is pretty boring, heh) news...I finally entered the new millennium* and got a smart phone! That's only because the display on my 5 yr old trusty flip phone bit the dust. I can phone and text like a mofo, but other than that, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with it. :lol: It's embarrassing, I'm generally good with technology - great with computers, hooking up and using various electronics, but I feel like a complete idiot with phones. :lol:

*Not quite as bad as Drea recently getting rid of dial-up, but close. :wink:

um....I didn't know dial up still existed! :lol:

I did the same as you about 2 years ago and got rid of my 4 year old phone for a Blackberry. But I'm tired of it so I want to get an iphone soon.

my dad is kind of an air head when it comes to common sense things. Sad to say but true so no he never would have thought that Wesley might rub against the walls, step in spilled paint that's on the tarp on the floor, or even step in the paint pan on the floor.

He survived day 1. It didn't take as long as I thought either. He only had to spend from about 10-12 in my room. After that I gave him lunch and then I could tell he needed to use his box, which is generally in my bathroom closet but out in the hallway until the bathroom is done. I told my dad he needed to paint with the door closed because I don't know if Wesley needed to go potty or if he was just getting really anxious about being in my room. But he actually really needed to do his business so he ran to the box the second I opened the door and then he went upstairs to play with his toys a bit and then took a nap under our dining room table.

I've tried to get him to go into the bathroom a few times now that it's dry but I think he's afraid of the color or the smell because he won't go anywhere near it. :tsk: Cats are so freaking weird....

Glad he was good, and got through the day unscathed! And such a smart boy, running for his litter box. :cute:

It's probably the smell, cats have a sensitive sense of smell. You've probably seen people talking about this in the cat thread, but if any of mine go to the vet's, when I bring them home, the ones that are here have a shit-fit and hiss and freak out at the patient. They don't recognize by sight, they do it by smell. One evening I was colouring my hair and sitting here waiting for to rinse it, and a minor battle broke out with the cats. The only thing I could think of is that the smell freaked them out. They were fine with me, it was just each other.

um....I didn't know dial up still existed! :lol:

I did the same as you about 2 years ago and got rid of my 4 year old phone for a Blackberry. But I'm tired of it so I want to get an iphone soon.

I guess it did at Drea's house? :wink: I know with my internet account, I am allowed 30 minutes of dial-up per month? I don't know wtf for, though. I guess if my dsl goes out?

I've resisted getting a smart phone because our big three tech companies (wireless, cable, internet) are giant douches and I hate them, and did not want to be locked into a contract with them, after my old cell was out of contract. There are a few smaller, independent companies around that have reasonable rates, and don't treat their customers like shit, but so far, they are only in the larger cities, like Toronto and the surrounding area, and their coverage doesn't reach my area, even though I'm only just over an hour from Toronto. I've been holding out for one of them to reach here.

After my flip phone gave up, I started looking at new phones with my current carrier, and found out that as of this past January, they no longer have insane contract cancellation fees, you only have to pay off the balance of what you owe on your phone. So it's cost of the phone divided by 36 (the length of the "contract") x the number of months you have left out of 36. I got my phone for free with a 3 year term, but the cost with no term is only $275 (most phones are $450 - $650), so if I want out of this, I can do so without paying an insane fee or paying off a very expensive phone. Plus, they have a special offer with a decently (for them) priced plan available for the next few weeks, so I got that. Still, my cell bill is going to almost double per month, now. :sad: I think I'm currently paying around $40 with tax, and it's going to go up to nearly $70 with tax.

Glad he was good, and got through the day unscathed! And such a smart boy, running for his litter box. :cute:

It's probably the smell, cats have a sensitive sense of smell. You've probably seen people talking about this in the cat thread, but if any of mine go to the vet's, when I bring them home, the ones that are here have a shit-fit and hiss and freak out at the patient. They don't recognize by sight, they do it by smell. One evening I was colouring my hair and sitting here waiting for to rinse it, and a minor battle broke out with the cats. The only thing I could think of is that the smell freaked them out. They were fine with me, it was just each other.

ok he just went in there and looked around a bit for the first time, flicked his tail a little and walked out. So he definitely doesn't like the smell or ins't happy that "his" bathroom is under construction.

I guess it did at Drea's house? :wink: I know with my internet account, I am allowed 30 minutes of dial-up per month? I don't know wtf for, though. I guess if my dsl goes out?

I've resisted getting a smart phone because our big three tech companies (wireless, cable, internet) are giant douches and I hate them, and did not want to be locked into a contract with them, after my old cell was out of contract. There are a few smaller, independent companies around that have reasonable rates, and don't treat their customers like shit, but so far, they are only in the larger cities, like Toronto and the surrounding area, and their coverage doesn't reach my area, even though I'm only just over an hour from Toronto. I've been holding out for one of them to reach here.

After my flip phone gave up, I started looking at new phones with my current carrier, and found out that as of this past January, they no longer have insane contract cancellation fees, you only have to pay off the balance of what you owe on your phone. So it's cost of the phone divided by 36 (the length of the "contract") x the number of months you have left out of 36. I got my phone for free with a 3 year term, but the cost with no term is only $275 (most phones are $450 - $650), so if I want out of this, I can do so without paying an insane fee or paying off a very expensive phone. Plus, they have a special offer with a decently (for them) priced plan available for the next few weeks, so I got that. Still, my cell bill is going to almost double per month, now. :sad: I think I'm currently paying around $40 with tax, and it's going to go up to nearly $70 with tax.

I didn't go with a contract on my BB but chose to buy it out instead. It was only like $15 a month for about 20 months. I could leave my provider at any time or get a new phone thru them at any time but I was still stuck paying the $15 a month for those 20 months. Since I live with my parents :happy: and see no way out of that any time soon, I'm going to join their plan and get an iphone. I already have a data plan on my phone now so my bill will actually go down $25 a month but switching and upgrading phones. Looking forward to it but I do need to come up with $100 for the phone. :yuck:

But yeah, lots of changes over the years with contracts and such. I figured I would get locked into another 2 year contract 2 years ago and was shocked to find out that I didn't have to do that anymore.

Drive-by thank you to arw ... I think the hydrocortisone cream worked! Or it was just a coincidence that my pit issue was clearing up at the same time ... but it's noticeably better!

I even shaved Monday morning, with no ill effect. :shh:

:wink:

ok he just went in there and looked around a bit for the first time, flicked his tail a little and walked out. So he definitely doesn't like the smell or ins't happy that "his" bathroom is under construction.

Ha! Might take him a day or two to get used to it. With the whole vet scenario I mentioned, it takes like half a day for my cats to go back to normal - I guess that's how long it takes for the cat(s) who had been to the vet to smell like home, again?

I didn't go with a contract on my BB but chose to buy it out instead. It was only like $15 a month for about 20 months. I could leave my provider at any time or get a new phone thru them at any time but I was still stuck paying the $15 a month for those 20 months. Since I live with my parents :happy: and see no way out of that any time soon, I'm going to join their plan and get an iphone. I already have a data plan on my phone now so my bill will actually go down $25 a month but switching and upgrading phones. Looking forward to it but I do need to come up with $100 for the phone. :yuck:

But yeah, lots of changes over the years with contracts and such. I figured I would get locked into another 2 year contract 2 years ago and was shocked to find out that I didn't have to do that anymore.

That sounds like a great deal! Also, $300 for a BB is a great price, they're WAY more expensive than that, here. I think the cheapest one I could have gotten was $450. But then, Canadians pay one of the highest rates in the world for cell phones and internet, and our internet speeds compared to much of the world are lagging, too. It's seriously ridiculous.

Is two years your maximum contract in the US? I'm pretty sure it is in England. Before, they locked us in for three years, and the rate to get out was obnoxious. Recently, two provinces have created laws that prevent wireless companies from charging insane contract cancellation fees, and I read a while back that my province is looking into it, too. I guess maybe some of the wireless providers are being proactive in changing their policies, because they know it's coming?

:barf: off to the gym for a class to get my ass kicked.....

:yikes: Have fun!

Uh-oh. The alarm on my phone (which I set last night for this morning) just went off. I hope I won't have to spend the rest of the night hitting snooze. :lol:

eta: I don't remember how to get to My Settings to change it. :scream:

Anyway, this is my phone:

LG Mobile Phone | LG Optimus L7 Google Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich with 4.3" display | LG Canada

And holy shit, when I was shopping around, it seems the current trend is for phones to be bigger, these days. Mine is much bigger than Sarah's HTC Desire she got a year and a half ago, but mine was one of the smaller ones available now, with a 4.3" screen.

VintagePunk said:
Uh-oh. The alarm on my phone (which I set last night for this morning) just went off. I hope I won't have to spend the rest of the night hitting snooze. :lol:

eta: I don't remember how to get to My Settings to change it. :scream:

Anyway, this is my phone:

LG Mobile Phone | LG Optimus L7 Google Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich with 4.3" display | LG Canada

And holy shit, when I was shopping around, it seems the current trend is for phones to be bigger, these days. Mine is much bigger than Sarah's HTC Desire she got a year and a half ago, but mine was one of the smaller ones available now, with a 4.3" screen.

Nice. :up:

Did you set it for PM instead of AM? I've done that before. :reject:

Nice. :up:

Did you set it for PM instead of AM? I've done that before. :reject:

It went off this morning, so I'm not sure? :lol: I just checked (I think. I really don't know wtf I'm doing) and it seems that I have no alarms scheduled for this evening now, but I have two for the same time tomorrow. :happy:

And a few minutes ago, I just heard a beep that I assume is a new alert for something, but I don't know what. :sad:

I feel so old. :( But I can assure you young folk that I can probably kick 95% of your asses at computer hardware or software troubleshooting, so there's that. :sigh:

Oh!! Deeg!! You're a Who fan, right? Did you know that they're touring this fall/winter? Presales are happening now, but they go on sale to the general public later this week.

VintagePunk said:
Oh!! Deeg!! You're a Who fan, right? Did you know that they're touring this fall/winter? Presales are happening now, but they go on sale to the general public later this week.

I heard about that! They're playing Quadrophenia in full. :love: There's a Boston date in November and one in Providence in February. I can't get tickets now because I'm not working and no income. I don't think I'll be able to do Boston. But I might be able to swing Providence in February if there's a ticket drop/scalpers aren't outrageous.

They're playing Toronto and Hamilton. Are you going to try for tickets?

BTW, does your phone have autocorrect? Just be careful if it does. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
I just heard another alert. Now, it's just taunting me. :angry:

Translation:

nelson-haha.gif

I heard about that! They're playing Quadrophenia in full. :love: There's a Boston date in November and one in Providence in February. I can't get tickets now because I'm not working and no income. I don't think I'll be able to do Boston. But I might be able to swing Providence in February if there's a ticket drop/scalpers aren't outrageous.

They're playing Toronto and Hamilton. Are you going to try for tickets?

BTW, does your phone have autocorrect? Just be careful if it does. :lol:

I'm debating about Hamilton (only like 20 minutes away).

Translation:

nelson-haha.gif

:angry:

I just texted Sarah and told her I need her to set up my phone and teach me, and that I'm officially an old (as they call anyone over 35, in the Gawker universe). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom