PGP:Dancing in the Summer Rain while It Lasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mum's going to Canada on this trip, but I'm not... I'll put it on the list for next time!
Never been drunk in my life... might as well do it in Toronto, I suppose :wink:

Is it wrong that there's a spiteful little part of me that's happy to see that that job that I got turned down for two days before I was supposed to start because of my credit rating is still on that agency's website? :wink: I check that site daily and every time I see it there's this little "ha!" moment in my head...

They had a qualified candidate who was experienced in those conditions and pace, and they let the chance slip by :tsk:

Ooh, where are you going in 4 days, Ali? :hmm:

Yes, you simply MUST come to Canada someday :yes: We'll make it worth your while :sexywink:

Drea - Wrong? I see no wrong :shifty:

Drea said:
Is it wrong that there's a spiteful little part of me that's happy to see that that job that I got turned down for two days before I was supposed to start because of my credit rating is still on that agency's website? :wink: I check that site daily and every time I see it there's this little "ha!" moment in my head...

They had a qualified candidate who was experienced in those conditions and pace, and they let the chance slip by :tsk:

good on you Drea , they know where they can go and stick their job... i still find it astounding that they run credit checks before you can get a job, :madspit: thats an insane invasion of privacy. do they tak DNA as well ?? :wink: we have police background checks here and the ususal reference checks, but very little else.

Drea said:
You need to come to TO Ali :yes:

We need a bigass PGP in TO :evil:
:hyper::yes:
plebansmiley.gif
:hi5::hyper:

mysterious_jen said:
good on you Drea , they know where they can go and stick their job... i still find it astounding that they run credit checks before you can get a job, :madspit: thats an insane invasion of privacy. do they tak DNA as well ?? :wink: we have police background checks here and the ususal reference checks, but very little else.

It was a job dealing with money, which is why the credit check... however, you'd think that if I have a letter of reference from the CEO of the credit union I worked for up until this past April would've let them know that handling other peoples' money would not be a problem! (I only have trouble with my own :wink: )

Drea said:
I think you're justified in feeling a trifle smug :hug: They're idiots, pinning everything on a credit check :tsk: As if that will tell them if you're a good worker... :rolleyes:

I went for a job once, interviewed, and was rejected. A year or so later when I was looking for a job (again), I got a call from these people asking if I was still interested... turns out they'd given the job to someone who flat-out claimed to be "the best receptionist in Canberra". Never mind why such a brilliant receptionist was applying for a job in a very small solicitor's office! And it also turned out that she was NOT the best at all, and she was, in fact, crap. So I got the job eventually :lol:

Last edited:
If I got a call on Monday saying that they'd changed their minds again I'd certainly take the job, even if I get the other one - it would just mean you guys wouldn't see much of me for about three weeks :lol:

mysterious_jen said:
just waiting for my painkillers to kick in .. : dance:

OMG you are going in 4 days !!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:
Erk, sorry to hear you had a crappy day at work :hug: Here's to pharmaceuticals again!

Yes... I'm freaking out again :lol:

Drea said:
You need to come to TO Ali : yes:
We need a bigass PGP in TO :evil:
I think there's gonna be a rolling global PGP all over the place... Dublin, TO, Hawaii, Australia... :rockon:

kafrun said:
Ooh, where are you going in 4 days, Ali? : hmm:

Yes, you simply MUST come to Canada someday :yes: We'll make it worth your while :sexywink:
O rly? :flirt:

Going to the UK for four weeks, then another 2 weeks in the USA :hyper:
I am hoping the mass of disorganisation that is my luggage will coalesce into order before Wednesday!

Last edited:
Drea said:
If I got a call on Monday saying that they'd changed their minds again I'd certainly take the job, even if I get the other one - it would just mean you guys wouldn't see much of me for about three weeks :lol:
Noooooo!! :clings:

Well... if it's the price of employment for you... then I guess that's okay... :sad:

:wink:

Mind you I think the chance of them calling to say they'd reconsidered is about as high as me meeting :adam: in the grocery store tomorrow :lol:

If I get the job I'm waiting to hear about I'd be working from midnight - 8am, which means I wouldn't miss too much around here, even with travel time and sleep :wink:

Good night Drea! :hug: :wave:

meanwhile...
:adam: Hmm, I need groceries, but all the vegetables in Dublin are wrinkly and gross. I know! I'll go to Toronto, they always have good veggies there :yes: :happy:

I didn't see Wild at all, I'll just hug this area of air over here... :hug: ... :whistle:
:giggle:

Quick hello to everyone :wave:

My babies got 3rd in their dancing competition today!! They looked sooooo cute :cute:

Going to bed now, it's only 8pm but I'm just toooooo exhausted. Decided that's what my problem is. I've been running on empty for too long :(

Back
Top Bottom