PGP: Chin rodents and greasy mullets are not allowed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you read Illuminate? If you give me 10 minutes, I'll send you a PM

If whatever this PM'd loveliness is available by email, I've got some time to kill :angel:

Can't write anyways because I have to try and remember all the plot stuff I wrote down, anyways, and that'll take a while and much frantic sorting through the crap in the room for my plot notes...

Nuhh, that Bradley does nothing for me. You guys can have him.

...I need to do a *lot* more 90s music research *sigh* Don't even know where to begin. Or if I want to know, in some cases.

I'm not sure who the tipsier is here, but I'm not sure what that means...?

Do I read fan-fic? Not a lot these days.I don't go looking for it. But I'll read something good. And I've had my own epic in the works since 'o5.

Now, I'm all ears. It depends on what you consider 'good' as far as FF.

I'm not sure who the tipsier is here, but I'm not sure what that means...?

Do I read fan-fic? Not a lot these days.I don't go looking for it. But I'll read something good. And I've had my own epic in the works since 'o5.

:ohmy:

DETAILS, please!

:drool: How thoughtful.
He's a lovely way to spend the evening. :shifty:
Well, I am a thoughtful kind of person. :wink:

I have too little space and too much stuff. It's frightening. My R&H Bono poster is smirking at how much crap is in my room.

Ask away!

U2's influences in the early 90s, aside from the Stone Roses/Jesus Jones/bands I already know?

What band/ style of music was cool to listen to in the 90s?

Any weird drumming styles starting then?

...that's all I can think of. I'll happily steer clear of bad 90s stuff. I can remember a lot of that from my childhood :crack: Oh god.

Okay, I suddenly 'get' blue-ray discs. I'm watching my Slane DVD from whenever it was released before HD TVs on my 42" HD. It's kind of crap. But I'm glad that I wound up with 2 of these because the DVD is missing from one of the packages I had. I also have 2 2005 Chicago DVDs. I don't imagine I'll be dipping into that.

:giggle: Interpretive dancing!

(The story: in the early days of the thread, there was a night where a couple of the girls were drunken posting, and one of them needed to edit a post before the 45 min time limit - however, she wasn't aware that she needed to edit said post, and the comments in the thread trying to clue her in went from telling her to eventually joking that we would need to do an interpretive dance to get her attention :lol:)

CK: After the week you've had, you can have Adam for all of tomorrow, as long as you promise to give him back on Sunday :wink: I might actually get stuff done around the apartment if I'm not being distracted by tall hot and British... :sexywink:

:giggle: Interpretive dancing!

(The story: in the early days of the thread, there was a night where a couple of the girls were drunken posting, and one of them needed to edit a post before the 45 min time limit - however, she wasn't aware that she needed to edit said post, and the comments in the thread trying to clue her in went from telling her to eventually joking that we would need to do an interpretive dance to get her attention :lol:)

I appreciate your attempt to be tactful. :lol: At one point it was me, another, it was Diss.

Wasn't trying to be tactful, just couldn't remember who else was involved in the shenanigans :lol: I was too busy laughing my ass off at the thread ;)

I have too little space and too much stuff. It's frightening. My R&H Bono poster is smirking at how much crap is in my room.

U2's influences in the early 90s, aside from the Stone Roses/Jesus Jones/bands I already know?

What band/ style of music was cool to listen to in the 90s?

Any weird drumming styles starting then?

...that's all I can think of. I'll happily steer clear of bad 90s stuff. I can remember a lot of that from my childhood :crack: Oh god.

Well, there are a lot of genres in early 90's music. You had English Manchester bands. Charltans were in that too. Techno/dance started like Right Said Fred, KLF, early Moby. You had shoegazer - Lush, My Bloody Valentine., Ride, Jesus and Mary Chain, sort of Cure. Grunge - but you don't know good grunge like Screaming Trees, Clockhammer, Mudhoney. And the birth of sampling like Public Enemy's 'She Watch Channel Zero' that sampled Slayer. So, what would you like to know? :cute:

Sorry, I was a DJ from 1990 to 1996. I know waaaay too much about that time in musical history.

Well, there are a lot of genres in early 90's music. You had English Manchester bands. Charltans were in that too. Techno/dance started like Right Said Fred, KLF, early Moby. You had shoegazer - Lush, My Bloody Valentine., Ride, Jesus and Mary Chain, sort of Cure. Grunge - but you don't know good grunge like Screaming Trees, Clockhammer, Mudhoney. And the birth of sampling like Public Enemy's 'She Watch Channel Zero' that sampled Slayer. So, what would you like to know? :cute:

Sorry, I was a DJ from 1990 to 1996. I know waaaay too much about that time in musical history.

Holy crap. *blink*

I guess for the moment...more about Manchester as I like that, and Charltans are what? and more about the dance stuff. I'm getting into that sort of music...slowly...

I think good grunge after all that too...as I have no idea what the fuck that genre means aside from the usual cliché of 'Nirvana was grunge-y'...and what does that mean, exactly, people? >.<

I can't believe how much research needs to be done for this story. Ugh. Not to mention how much I just don't know about that decade of music in general.

VP, I really really REALLY hope you can get your story off of your old HD.

*is now extremely interested*
Heh. I never really made it public, and the few I showed it to are long gone from here. It's far from finished, anyway.

I do have them for all to see in FF. I do have them in Doc form as well. Can you get PMs?

I can. Or else my gold membership is for naught.

Nine Inch Nails...*shudder* (on a slightly unrelated note, that's what Annoying Cab Driver a couple days ago thought punk music was :no:)

I suppose I'll let myself get sidetracked from the main topic of interest...Tara, any really redeemingly awesome songs of Pearl Jam's? I like Eddie Vedder's voice but something about the style of most of the songs I've heard bothers me.

Heh. I never really made it public, and the few I showed it to are long gone from here. It's far from finished, anyway.

I can. Or else my gold membership is for naught.

Duh. I haz the blonde.

Yeah, I was silly. I made posted my silly musings then started to meet people. And around Montreal I felt a little embarrassed when I was meeting people, giving them my FB info. Then I said, fuck it. So what?

CK: After the week you've had, you can have Adam for all of tomorrow, as long as you promise to give him back on Sunday :wink: I might actually get stuff done around the apartment if I'm not being distracted by tall hot and British... :sexywink:

:lol: He IS quite the distraction. I'll take him tomorrow, and promise to send him back Sunday (although there 'might' be a mark or two on him :shifty:), and then of course, still plan on nabbing him next week :wink:

Duh. I haz the blonde.

I can has the blond?

:wink:

larry-mullen-jr-9.jpg

:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom